Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Signs of spring

112 posts in this topic

These birds are going nuts for the. So are the squirrels. We never used to have squirrels or rabbits because we had foxes but we had a new neighbor move in and he shot the foxes so know we are being over run.

These birds are going nuts for the. So are the squirrels. We never used to have squirrels or rabbits because we had foxes but we had a new neighbor move in and he shot the foxes so know we are being over run.

Why did the guy shoot the foxes? Actually I don't want to know. Maybe one day European Americans understand the balance of nature. Seems like every other culture gets it.

We are just the stupidest people ever sometimes, when it comes to our surrounding environment.

Edited by TheJudgement

He 's just a guy that likes to shoot things. He sees a deer and he shoots it right off his back porch.

He 's just a guy that likes to shoot things. He sees a deer and he shoots it right off his back porch.

Is his name Ted, and does he play really bad loud guitar and write really horrible songs?

:lol:

Our little group of hunters say           'if you shoot it you eat it '  if not you are out

We got guys in here in Colorado that love to go out and shoot varmints and they call it target practice. I think it's one of themost sadistic things I've ever heard in my life.

We made suet balls for the birds so they could eat during this snow storm and yesterday I saw a Robin out there. That's a good sign.

Robins are here year round.

We had a neighbor that did the same thing until someone called the police on him.

We had a neighbor that did the same thing until someone called the police on him.

Good!

Most of these nuts that think they are controlling nature or balancing nature are usually completely wrong.

Some of them migrate?

There might be some migration, but according to my birder friends, most winter here.  We just don't see them much in winter because they're ground birds and there is little (bugs, worms) food for them on the ground in winter.  They can be found in the trees and bushes where there are berries for them to eat.

Good!

Most of these nuts that think they are controlling nature or balancing nature are usually completely wrong.

The guy I was talking about did it in front of a bunch of kids out for a walk with their daycare provider.  Another neighbor of mine found a bullet hole in his new shed, and confronted the guy directly.  I've never met the guy, but he must be a real moron.

The guy I was talking about did it in front of a bunch of kids out for a walk with their daycare provider. Another neighbor of mine found a bullet hole in his new shed, and confronted the guy directly. I've never met the guy, but he must be a real moron.

Lots of people don't realize that with a 22 caliber the bullet has a killing range of 1 mile. A high-powered rifle even has more.

Only 50 more days until spring!

God, that sounds depressing...

67 days to opening day....right around the corner.

The bulbs that were sprouting down by UMB are now almost blooming.  I'm sure today's temperatures helped.

Waiting to see the 1st girl out wearing Shorts. Hope it's a Good one.

Walking the dogs I heard Spring Peepers out the day before the last snow storm hit.  

Spring my a.....

28 and windy as hell here .....

Treadmill for the first time in weeks here today .....

The dogs seemed to have a little more "spring" in their step during the morning walk... in the wind and snow.

probably only the 2nd or 3rd time since I moved to the country almost 20 years again that I haven't mowed the grass by the end of 1st week in April ......

I think I am going to move the annual Easter egg hunt to Orthodox Easter this year. I don't ant the kiddo trudging around in the snow.

Winter jasmine blooming down by UMB, and there was a flowering tree in bloom by the Kona Grill on Pratt Street today.

I saw forsythia bushes blooming here in WV last week.

Some trees are starting to bud down by the river.

Male bears have not settled into hibernation yet around here.

Lots of fat rabbits, bobcats, and herds of deer roaming around still.