Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBbllfan

AAU/Club Teams Summer 2010

545 posts in this topic

New AAU rules players can now play anywhere! Check out the rule changes on the girls AAU site.

Good question. I guess going to the national power elite teams like Fairfax Stars

Boo Williams there the ones I see some girls going too. I sometimes wonder if its a money thing. Teams recuit them then handle expenses? IDK

I guess that's good point, But I heard about a Team Melo Elite is there any truth to that ? And does the Baltimore Shooting Stars have 16 year old team ?

I guess that's good point, But I heard about a Team Melo Elite is there any truth to that ? And does the Baltimore Shooting Stars have 16 year old team ?

Do you mean the MD Shooting Stars or are you talking about the Baltimore Starz?

I think the MD Shooting Stars should have a 16U team...not sure about the Starz!!

My bad DJ ! Yes I meant the Maryland Shooting Star its seem they have a nice foundation so now I really dont understand . Whats the problem other than money because the money you spend in gas to go to Hampton could be the money put in a program ..

Word on the street is Team Unique lost there big time player to Boo Williams

My bad DJ ! Yes I meant the Maryland Shooting Star its seem they have a nice foundation so now I really dont understand . Whats the problem other than money because the money you spend in gas to go to Hampton could be the money put in a program ..

GB hopefully the Stars folks will pickup on this thread and provide the information. I know they will be running an exposure team, but I don't know else.

I need to know if anyone has any informtion about Leagues that will be run this spring?

Some organizations are looking to place teams in leagues as a way of controlling cost....anyone have any insights?

GB hopefully the Stars folks will pickup on this thread and provide the information. I know they will be running an exposure team, but I don't know else.

I need to know if anyone has any informtion about Leagues that will be run this spring?

Some organizations are looking to place teams in leagues as a way of controlling cost....anyone have any insights?

Brian Bieman with the Columbia Ravens runs the best leagues. Go to there website.

So why leave Baltimore it enough talent to make one good team !

"So why leave Baltimore"....Are you kidding....LOL...LOL!!:D

"So why leave Baltimore"....Are you kidding....LOL...LOL!!:D

I am only going by what I seen during this basketball season, It's a lot of talent in the Baltimore area !

Brian Bieman with the Columbia Ravens runs the best leagues. Go to there website.

Thanks...I had Brian on my list to contact, so I will go right there!! :)

Word on the street is Team Unique lost there big time player to Boo Williams

2 big time players. Tall Blonde and Cierra Burdick

Do you mean the MD Shooting Stars or are you talking about the Baltimore Starz?

I think the MD Shooting Stars should have a 16U team...not sure about the Starz!!

Thats good. who is gonna be the coach for the SS 16s?

I love ya Jimbo:D

If you listen to the pilgrims on the street, they'd have you believe that Team Unique is going to go up under the Johnny Mack adidas mob; the Fairfax Stars NIKE mob; or the Mike Flynn Blue Star mob--there's even rumors that Team Unique might be going up under Boo Williams!

If the Fat Boys broke up, and if Georgia Ice broke up, then anything else could happen!

If you listen to the pilgrims on the street, they'd have you believe that Team Unique is going to go up under the Johnny Mack adidas mob; the Fairfax Stars NIKE mob; or the Mike Flynn Blue Star mob--there's even rumors that Team Unique might be going up under Boo Williams!

If the Fat Boys broke up, and if Georgia Ice broke up, then anything else could happen!

Now I understand why no one was in shock when Sonny and Cher split up.

I heard FFStars 16U Gold Elite 5Star Travel Nike Showcase Team tryouts are tonight. I guess will see how good Poindexters pimping the halls turns out. Im hearing they are real desperate this year.

I heard they had Bones on their team for about an hour.:D

I heard FFStars 16U Gold Elite 5Star Travel Nike Showcase Team tryouts are tonight. I guess will see how good Poindexters pimping the halls turns out. Im hearing they are real desperate this year.

I heard they had Bones on their team for about an hour.:D

Bones never showed up with them. She's doing the Boo Williams thing even though there's an offer on the table from Maryland. Go figure. I hear some heavyweights are duking it out in a pre-season jamboree on April 3rd in Bmore so we'll see who is starting out with who.

One, that Fat Boys thing was something else.

Two, I still could argue or agree with for any of four players including CURTIS and HARMON with HUTCHENS and VAILS. I personally would have picked CURTIS two weeks ago, maybe just by alphabetical order it was that close to me but VIALS has now regained an edge with her 30 rebounds and 20 blocks against NORTH POINT and MEADE. I know, I know, it's a what have you done for me lately, TMZ, text me, on three, kind of world and the PANTHERS have been resting in the cove. So CURTIS, HARMON and HUTCHENS all will again remind and display their defensive talents at the Walsh though the PANTHERS may have to wait to round two to really show something. Still, to me, any of the four is a good choice.

As for 'Bones', FFX would have been foolish not to entertain having MOSELY run the show. She is no doubt one of the most talented juniors in the region as shown by the affection bestowed upon by BOO. Desperate may be inaccurate, needy maybe. If you have 12 players that are seniors that are moving on than you are going to need 12 players. FFX lost 12 seniors with 4 going to the Big East (VAILS-LOUISVILLE, HARLEE-WEST VIRGINIA, DAVIS-PITTSBURGH, BURFORD-VILLANOVA), 2 to the ACC (GOODWIN- NC STATE, WOLFE- VIRGINIA, one that probably can play in both of those (HAWKINS- DEL STATE) and Harvard (BROCK). LAUREN CHASE was brought over to that team in midseason and shined when called upon in the USJN's.

FFX finished #4 or #5 in the country last year and will have big as well as many shoes to fill. FFX, this year will have a Nike 15 affiliate team that will compete in several major events including the Nike National 15's. If your nice, and you want to pay the price (work hard and drive to No Va.), it's not a bad alternative at all with just the LADY TERPS and SHOOTING STARS/FUTURE teams pretty much established at this point. This is the year for the LADY TERPS to step up to the big girls table and compete with the best in the country and with BROWN, ADE, MORRISON, SINGLETARY and BROWN, they should be the creme of the crop around here. Like SPALDING, though they have another year, this is the year that huge expectations are made after a rather successful season last year. The SHOOTING STARS 15 will be undergoing a crucial year with big expectations that comes with their success and enter into the most crucial recruiting year for the girls. Good luck to all the organizations competing this summer.

Pardon the AAU interruption, I gotta dance I gotta make. You know, the Ms.. Back to your normal programming.

New AAU rules players can now play anywhere! Check out the rule changes on the girls AAU site.

Not exactly.

For NCAA certified AAU events AAU changed the residency requirements for players on teams for those events, because the NCAA changed the residency requirements.

http://image.aausports.org/handbooks/girls_basketball/girlsbasketball-Handbook.pdf

However, the registration and eligibility rules remain the same:

Maryland players must register in their home district, but may elect to participate in a district that geographically borders their home district.

Thus Maryland District (9) players may legally participate on teams from the following districts that geographicall border district 9:

8 - Mid Atlantic

10 - Potomac Valley (PGCo, MoCo, DC, FCoVa, ARCoVa, ALCoVa)

11 - Western PA

12 - Virginia

51 - West Virginia

"A youth member may elect to participate in his or her District of bona fide residence or a District that geographically adjoins that District. Exception: In team sports a maximum of three (3) members may participate with a team in an adjoining District. Team sports include baseball, basketball, field hockey, hockey, soccer, softball and volleyball"

http://image.aausports.org/handbooks/girls_basketball/girlsbasketball-Handbook.pdf

Two, I still could argue or agree with for any of four players including CURTIS and HARMON with HUTCHENS and VAILS. I personally would have picked CURTIS two weeks ago, maybe just by alphabetical order it was that close to me but VIALS has now regained an edge with her 30 rebounds and 20 blocks against NORTH POINT and MEADE. I know, I know, it's a what have you done for me lately, TMZ, text me, on three, kind of world and the PANTHERS have been resting in the cove. So CURTIS, HARMON and HUTCHENS all will again remind and display their defensive talents at the Walsh though the PANTHERS may have to wait to round two to really show something. Still, to me, any of the four is a good choice.

As for 'Bones', FFX would have been foolish not to entertain having MOSELY run the show. She is no doubt one of the most talented juniors in the region as shown by the affection bestowed upon by BOO. Desperate may be inaccurate, needy maybe. If you have 12 players that are seniors that are moving on than you are going to need 12 players. FFX lost 12 seniors with 4 going to the Big East (VAILS-LOUISVILLE, HARLEE-WEST VIRGINIA, DAVIS-PITTSBURGH, BURFORD-VILLANOVA), 2 to the ACC (GOODWIN- NC STATE, WOLFE- VIRGINIA, one that probably can play in both of those (HAWKINS- DEL STATE) and Harvard (BROCK). LAUREN CHASE was brought over to that team in midseason and shined when called upon in the USJN's.

FFX finished #4 or #5 in the country last year and will have big as well as many shoes to fill. FFX, this year will have a Nike 15 affiliate team that will compete in several major events including the Nike National 15's. If your nice, and you want to pay the price (work hard and drive to No Va.), it's not a bad alternative at all with just the LADY TERPS and SHOOTING STARS/FUTURE teams pretty much established at this point. This is the year for the LADY TERPS to step up to the big girls table and compete with the best in the country and with BROWN, ADE, MORRISON, SINGLETARY and BROWN, they should be the creme of the crop around here. Like SPALDING, though they have another year, this is the year that huge expectations are made after a rather successful season last year. The SHOOTING STARS 15 will be undergoing a crucial year with big expectations that comes with their success and enter into the most crucial recruiting year for the girls. Good luck to all the organizations competing this summer.

Pardon the AAU interruption, I gotta dance I gotta make. You know, the Ms.. Back to your normal programming.

That's a lot to recover 12 new player to compete on circuit, Now thats tuff !

Wow. Those are some heavy hitter schools for the FFStars. Where are the other 4 girls going to College? Sequoia Austin,Cierra Strckland, Ulyssia Richmond and Kyana Jacobs.