Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBbllfan

AAU/Club Teams Summer 2010

545 posts in this topic

Cierra Stickland verbal to George Mason last week , Kyana Jacobs is going to South Carolina Upstate, and Jello Richmond to Indiana Tech ... I dont know about the Austin kid

Not exactly.

For NCAA certified AAU events AAU changed the residency requirements for players on teams for those events, because the NCAA changed the residency requirements.

http://image.aausports.org/handbooks/girls_basketball/girlsbasketball-Handbook.pdf

However, the registration and eligibility rules remain the same:

Maryland players must register in their home district, but may elect to participate in a district that geographically borders their home district.

Thus Maryland District (9) players may legally participate on teams from the following districts that geographicall border district 9:

8 - Mid Atlantic

10 - Potomac Valley (PGCo, MoCo, DC, FCoVa, ARCoVa, ALCoVa)

11 - Western PA

12 - Virginia

51 - West Virginia

"A youth member may elect to participate in his or her District of bona fide residence or a District that geographically adjoins that District. Exception: In team sports a maximum of three (3) members may participate with a team in an adjoining District. Team sports include baseball, basketball, field hockey, hockey, soccer, softball and volleyball"

http://image.aausports.org/handbooks/girls_basketball/girlsbasketball-Handbook.pdf

Thats in the Junior division right? I think in the Senior division(14U15U16U) you can get girls from anywhere.

Thats in the Junior division right? I think in the Senior division(14U15U16U) you can get girls from anywhere.

1. There is no such thing as girls 14U/15U/16U being the "senior division".

2. The only "Senior Division" in AAU basketball is the 19U/Senior Boys division.

3. The oldest girls AAU basketball division is the "Open Division".

Like I said -- the only time there are no residency requirements is for teams competing in an NCAA certified event.

This year that includes (or at least they will be submitted to NCAA for cert) Nationals, Super-Regionals, and District Qualifiers, for certain age groups, and some other special events. They are listed in the rulebook

For all other events the rosters are limited by the eligibility requirements.

Read the .pdf I linked to.

The eligibility rules are very clear, and the residency exception for NCAA certified events is clearly spelled out in the beginning of the rules handbook (linked. pdf)

Are there AAU games going on over at Charm City this weekend ? If so can anyone provide the information on the games and teams thats going to be over there ...

Looks like the Fairfax Stars landed Amber Singletary and Taryn Durant. Not bad.

I heard that the Singletarys were told by the Lady Terps coach, that Amber will not be a starter on this years Terp team. So the family woke up in Cumberland today after the BWalsh Tournament and drove down to James Madison High School and are trying out for FFStars.

Im hearing the Lady Terps are ok with the departure of the Singletary family and wished them luck in their new venture.

Dwayne and Warren and Freddy Oh MY:D

I heard the FFStars will have Swinson, Singletary, Durrant, Chase and Frazer.

I heard that the Singletarys were told by the Lady Terps coach, that Amber will not be a starter on this years Terp team. So the family woke up in Cumberland today after the BWalsh Tournament and drove down to James Madison High School and are trying out for FFStars.

Im hearing the Lady Terps are ok with the departure of the Singletary family and wished them luck in their new venture.

Dwayne and Warren and Freddy Oh MY:D

I heard the FFStars will have Swinson, Singletary, Durrant, Chase and Frazer.

Baltimoreball first thing Amber Singletary was never told by anybody (Coach Hildreth) that she would not be a starter. Lady Terps have not had a practice or tryout for that information to be true. She has been a starter and will be until Robert says differently. Someone we as a family talk to everyday. Please stop spreading rumors about our daugther. Where ever you are getting your information it is bogus. Please keep your rumors limited to you and yours.

I thought Taryn plays for her Dad on the lady tigers? Does this mean the tigers will not have a team? Why did Amber leave the lady terps? I wonder who the lady terps will add onto their roster now?

There are few if any elite level teams in this area that can offer kids the exposure and recognition that they will get from playing for Boo Williams, FF Stars, Philly Belles or even, and I hate to say this, Team Unique. The Lady Terps and Shooting Stars Bailey are the closest this area has to elite level teams and hopefully they will be putting in work this year at the elite level tournaments to get those girls seen. It kills me when coaches try to hold on to girls that have a chance to play at or on an elite level team just so they can win states. Jay Z said it best women lie men, lie numbers don't:

Bussie - Boo Williams - West Virginia

Egwu- Boo Williams - Virginia

Akeema- Team Unique - West Virginia

N. Williams - Team Unique- N. Carolina

J. Harlee - FF Stars - West Virginia

Vails- FF Stars - L Ville

Watson- Team Unique - UMass

In my Opinion some others that should be looking to go elsewhere

B. Ward

A. Harrison

Whats up with the Baltimore player leaving Charm City ?
206, I agree with you this was one reason why that question was ask .. People want to get upset when these parent take there kids to these elite team, but not understanding that money is a big part .College coaches follow those elite teams because of the talent thats being put out every year .. Reguardless if the kid was a super star on high school team, coaches want to see players playing the top players across the country and its hard for those mom and pop organization to do that because of the funding issue

206,Ward will get exsposure & has already received alot of college attention with the 93Comets. Please add to the list Hawks to Xavier & Hutchen to Rutgers [92 Comets].

First any D1 or D2 scholarship where a player gets a free education is a good thing. If you have or had a child in college you know it aint cheap. National level teams are great opportunity for players but they are not the only chance to get a free education. Players that didn't play on Elite Level Teams

Lil Mama - Xavier - Starz/Comets

Breezy - Rutgers - Comets

Tucker - UMBC - Comets

Harmon - Del State - MYBA

Logan - Pitt - Lady Lions

Craig - Coppin - Lady Lions

Bopp - Rider - Bucaneers/Lady Lions

Taft - Syracuse - Cougars

Greene - Seton Hall - Canes

Parker - Delaware - Canes

Cox - G Mason - Canes

Hankins - Providence - Starz/Cougars

Walker - Loyola - Cougars

Roberts - Coppin - Cougars

Williams - Temple - Canes

Barksdale - UNC Ashville - Cougars

I know there are some I missed

206, I agree with you this was one reason why that question was ask .. People want to get upset when these parent take there kids to these elite team, but not understanding that money is a big part .College coaches follow those elite teams because of the talent thats being put out every year .. Reguardless if the kid was a super star on high school team, coaches want to see players playing the top players across the country and its hard for those mom and pop organization to do that because of the funding issue

If your child is playing for a team that has not made a name for itself out on the circuit, meaning playing against and competing against the top level teams in the country, then they will not even be able to get in some of the top level tournaments. And, for the ones they can get in like Boo Williams if you are not in those elite brackets, I think someone said it before, you will be playing in a high school gym all the way across town while all the college coaches are at the Boo sportsplex watching the elite teams.

If your child is playing for a team that has not made a name for itself out on the circuit, meaning playing against and competing against the top level teams in the country, then they will not even be able to get in some of the top level tournaments. And, for the ones they can get in like Boo Williams if you are not in those elite brackets, I think someone said it before, you will be playing in a high school gym all the way across town while all the college coaches are at the Boo sportsplex watching the elite teams.
I agree with you again, and have to admit I totally forgot about that point because I hear that all the time about teams going to Boo and playing in a gym in Norfolk 20 min away from the action and college coaches

First any D1 or D2 scholarship where a player gets a free education is a good thing. If you have or had a child in college you know it aint cheap. National level teams are great opportunity for players but they are not the only chance to get a free education. Players that didn't play on Elite Level Teams

Lil Mama - Xavier - Starz/Comets

Breezy - Rutgers - Comets

Tucker - UMBC - Comets

Harmon - Del State - MYBA

Logan - Pitt - Lady Lions

Craig - Coppin - Lady Lions

Bopp - Rider - Bucaneers/Lady Lions

Taft - Syracuse - Cougars

Greene - Seton Hall - Canes

Parker - Delaware - Canes

Cox - G Mason - Canes

Hankins - Providence - Starz/Cougars

Walker - Loyola - Cougars

Roberts - Coppin - Cougars

Williams - Temple - Canes

Barksdale - UNC Ashville - Cougars

I know there are some I missed

But playing on a elite level team could be the difference between playing in the Big east or the America east. I know for a fact that the canes team played an elite level schedule and competed against most of the top teams in the country ditto for that Hankins/Walker/Roberts Cougars team. Also would Taft be at Syracuse if not for the summer of playing with Apache and his Exodus Team? And lastly Breezy was on her way to AU before decommitting and with the help of a certain asst coach from one of those big name elite programs (along with a monster senior year) landed at RU. In the end it is all relative because I agree with you a free schooly is a free schooly, but I just feel like a coach should not be holding a top level player back from competing on a higher stage especially if your team is not capable of doing the same.

I have been on the girls side for fourteen years, and was on the boys side for 20+ years, and the parents nowadays are the absolute worst--especially these fathers. I'd say that 7 out of every 10 fathers is a major jerk and idiot.

It's almost like these fathers want to get with their daughters, or something.

These clowns are just so addicted to any and all attention from someone to gas them up about their daughters; and they'll listen to ANYONE who's doing the talking.

And 9 out of every 10 doing the talking have NO resume of work or achievement over time--they're just running their mouths lying and being disingenuous. These school coaches and club coaches do nothing more than piggyback off of those who've already built something of value, and who really do care about kids.

But what's going on now is an epidemic--because these fathers will listen to ANYTHING as they attempt to manipulate the process; but during the process they almost always mess things up for everyone.

It only takes a particularly ****ed up father ONE week of intrigue, drama, and foolishness to ruin an entire school program or club program! And these school coaches and club coaches LET these fathers do it, because they're the ones gassing the parents up like this in the first place!

206,u r right about Breezy,but if she decided to attend American,that's a great free education as well'''

There are few if any elite level teams in this area that can offer kids the exposure and recognition that they will get from playing for Boo Williams, FF Stars, Philly Belles or even, and I hate to say this, Team Unique. The Lady Terps and Shooting Stars Bailey are the closest this area has to elite level teams and hopefully they will be putting in work this year at the elite level tournaments to get those girls seen. It kills me when coaches try to hold on to girls that have a chance to play at or on an elite level team just so they can win states. Jay Z said it best women lie men, lie numbers don't:

Bussie - Boo Williams - West Virginia

Egwu- Boo Williams - Virginia

Akeema- Team Unique - West Virginia

N. Williams - Team Unique- N. Carolina

J. Harlee - FF Stars - West Virginia

Vails- FF Stars - L Ville

Watson- Team Unique - UMass

In my Opinion some others that should be looking to go elsewhere

B. Ward

A. Harrison

The value of playing with an elite program means absolutely NOTHING if a player is merely just playing in the right tournaments--what good is exposure if you have nothing to expose?

A player has to be with a program where she's on the court for approximtely half the minutes; and she needs to be with a program where she's going to be playing her COLLEGE POSITION; she also should be with a program where she's going to be in a gym developing her game, and not with someone who's just going to be running plays for two hours twice a week!

As well, she should be with a program that has the necessary connections with the college coaches, scouts, pundits, and event operators.

That program should also have the required political juice in order to make sure a player's POLITICAL PEDIGREE is properly developed for all possible local, regional, and national accolades.

Every club program should be investigated to make sure there's a history of building and maintaining ABOUT AND FOR their players. Is there a real resume?

And, is there proof that they truly care about kids, or are they only trying to make money and gas up themselves?

And finally, is that player with a program where the parents are well-enough-behaved to let the coaches and program director run things the right way?

The value of playing with an elite program means absolutely NOTHING if a player is merely just playing in the right tournaments--what good is exposure if you have nothing to expose?

A player has to be with a program where she's on the court for approximtely half the minutes; and she needs to be with a program where she's going to be playing her COLLEGE POSITION; she also should be with a program where she's going to be in a gym developing her game, and not with someone who's just going to be running plays for two hours twice a week!

As well, she should be with a program that has the necessary connections with the college coaches, scouts, pundits, and event operators.

That program should also have the required political juice in order to make sure a player's POLITICAL PEDIGREE is properly developed for all possible local, regional, and national accolades.

Every club program should be investigated to make sure there's a history of building and maintaining ABOUT AND FOR their players. Is there a real resume?

And, is there proof that they truly care about kids, or are they only trying to make money and gas up themselves?

And finally, is that player with a program where the parents are well-enough-behaved to let the coaches and program director run things the right way?

So in your opinion what programs would that be?

As far I can see since Donchez and Coach Beasly moved on to college and Coach Coughlan stopped coaching there has been no one in the Bmore area to step up to that level. Although I do like what Coach Bailey has done with the that SS 15 crew.

206,u r right about Breezy,but if she decided to attend American,that's a great free education as well'''

No question, like I said Free is Free and I wish Breezy the best of luck at RU.

As far I can see since Donchez and Coach Beasly moved on to college and Coach Coughlan stopped coaching there has been no one in the Bmore area to step up to that level. Although I do like what Coach Bailey has done with the that SS 15 crew.

Actually, my opinion is irrelevant--I only know what Team Unique does, has done, and will continue to do.

It's up to these parents to evaluate what they think is the right fit for their daughters, and where their daughters will get the best on-court and political set-ups to get the college scholarships and possible accolades.

You mentioned Philly Belles, Boo Williams, Fairfax Stars, and as much as you hated to say it, Team Unique; you also mentioned Maryland Lady Terps and Maryland Shooting Stars as close to the elite level; another poster mentioned the Baltimore Comets.

I suppose we should talk about these clubs. Should the Baltimore Charm be included in the discussion, along with Blue Star Maryland. Is there anyone else who should be discussed?

To be honest, it's actually very easy to figure out where a girl should be playing--who's doing the least amount of lying and faking in their presentation; who's in the gym doing real work; who has the appropriate connects; who really cares about the kids.

Check the resume!

Actually, my opinion is irrelevant--I only know what Team Unique does, has done, and will continue to do.

It's up to these parents to evaluate what they think is the right fit for their daughters, and where their daughters will get the best on-court and political set-ups to get the college scholarships and possible accolades.

You mentioned Philly Belles, Boo Williams, Fairfax Stars, and as much as you hated to say it, Team Unique; you also mentioned Maryland Lady Terps and Maryland Shooting Stars as close to the elite level; another poster mentioned the Baltimore Comets.

I suppose we should talk about these clubs. Should the Baltimore Charm be included in the discussion, along with Blue Star Maryland. Is there anyone else who should be discussed?

To be honest, it's actually very easy to figure out where a girl should be playing--who's doing the least amount of lying and faking in their presentation; who's in the gym doing real work; who has the appropriate connects; who really cares about the kids.

Check the resume!

In order:

1.Boo Williams

2.Belles

3.Team Unique

4.FFstars

5.Lady Terps

6.Comets

7.Shooting Stars

8.Baltimore Charm

9.Md Flames

9.Love Sol

Shooting Stars Players Playing or Played Basketball on college teams

Ashley Jones—AA County-08

Stacie Beauford—AA County-08

Jillian Allen-- Howard County

Kelly Filipowicz-- Howard County

Jamika Wade—AA County

Mykayla Eubanks—AA County

kristie Watkins—AA County

Alicia Martin—AA County

Michelle Mack—AA County

Mariah Maith—Baltimore County

Jaquelia Conley—Howard County

Chanel Paye—Howard County

Christine Jenkins—Howard County

Katelyn Leban—Howard County

Kristen Jenkins—AA County

Jannelee Klipsteen—Howard County

Lisa Compofelice—Howard County

Omara Parker—AA County

Kayla Desportes—Howard County

Brittney Robinson—Howard County

Lakiva Brown—AA County

Caroline Lalley—Montgomery County--08

Sidra Bing—Howard County

Brittany Wiseman—AA County

Myeisha Myles—AA County

Jessica Brookes—AA County

Erika Tucker—AA County

Airelle Eldridge—AA County—08

Myseche Cox-08

Janelle Carter—08

Danelle Mcfadden—08

Joretha Berger—PG County

Yasmene Harris—Howard County

Jessica Wilson—AA County

Bethany Hart—AA County

Rayshell Parker—AA County—09

Jordan Clinton—AA County—09

Ciarra Lucas—AA County—09

Ebonee Jones—AA County (LaSalle U)—09

Shante Atkinson—AA County—09

Sophy Ngobeni—Baltimore County—09

Brooke Miles—PG County—09

*many many many more* i'm too lazy to add the schools and year:)

Stop making sense!!!