Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBbllfan

AAU/Club Teams Summer 2010

545 posts in this topic

AS EXPECTED AND AS ANTICIPATED, HALF OF THE GIRLS THERE WERE TEAM UNIQUE GIRLS. AND?

Why should girls that play for Team Unique have to pay for a Elite Camp? Shouldn't they be getting that instruction for FREE when they have practice with Team Unique? Why would you go and do a write up on Ganon Baker/Kelvin Powell's Elite Camp that is going on this weekend, but won't even do a write up on your camp?

WHY WOULD YOU COME ON MESSAGE BOARDS TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH ME ANYWAY, WHEN IT'S CLEAR YOU CAN'T GO TOE-TO-TOE WITH ME? WHEN CHALLENGED BY THE LIKES OF YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE LIKE YOU, WHOEVER YOU REALLY ARE, I EXPRESS MY RIGHT TO DEFEND THE GIRLS, THE PROGRAM, AND MYSELF.

AND BY THE WAY, EVERY CLUB COACH, IF THEY'RE SERIOUS ABOUT BUSNESS, OR IF THEY'RE ABOUT WANNABE STATUS, TROLLS THESE MESSAGE BOARDS REGULARLY.

WHAT IS MY EGO IN THE WAY OF? THE CONTINUED SUCCESS OF THE PROGRAM--OR IN THE WAY OF THOSE LIKE YOU AND THE OTHER FOLLOWERS?

I went toe-to-toe with you and got the answer I wanted from you, FINALLY. You stated time and time again that college coaches get the Real Basketball Report. When in fact you were lying about it because no college coach has gotten the RBR for years. So when can we expect college coaches to be getting the RBR? Other AAU coaches my troll message boards, but there is a big difference trolling the boards and writing over 600 messages on this boards and over 1,500 on Hoopgurlz.

AS EXPECTED AND AS ANTICIPATED, HALF OF THE GIRLS THERE WERE TEAM UNIQUE GIRLS. AND?

Why should girls that play for Team Unique have to pay for a Elite Camp? Shouldn't they be getting that instruction for FREE when they have practice with Team Unique? Why would you go and do a write up on Ganon Baker/Kelvin Powell's Elite Camp that is going on this weekend,.........

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well...as a parent of a girl who attended Ganon Baker this past weekend... school is about to start and the summer basketball season is over...this clinic was the best $$ I have spent in a LONG time. The girls are PUMPED for the start of school ,getting conditioning and "Doin the WORK!!" . It was not just a skills clinic it was a MENTAL BURST !! So take note and register for it next year. There were about 100 girls there (LOL...so I DOUBT half the girls there were Team Unique)...four of them were on my daughter's High School team (various club teams) and they had a blast !! This guy Ganon Baker blew us away! It was an incredible thing for all these elite players who think they know basketball to see just how much they DON'T know. Ganon should be a spokesperson for Red Bull in addition to Nike...I have not seen someone soooo full of energy and pumped about basketball in a long time. He departed the message about how "Fitness is below your neck and Wellness is above your neck". He got into the mental aspect of the game. Very Inspirational. My favorite part was the speech about appreciating everything your parents do for you !:D

I have not played in 30 years but he had ME so pumped I am thinking about doing an older women's league !! ...so if my tired self is that motivated I KNOW the girls are ! Maybe there were some who weren't impressed by the names but I know most paid attention when he mentioned he has worked closely with Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Vince Carter, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Deron Williams at each of their Skill Academies..and the lengthy list of NBA, WNBA and All -American college players etc. I think you can get an idea of the energy level by going to his website and viewing some videos. Oh yes...and although Mr. Baker does not STILL train all of these players nor perhaps even train them for a lengthy period..he CAN still claim them as part of his resume.

Now...give it a rest !! Netiquette rule #7.. I like that one.

Ganon is one of the best in the business. You are right his high energy does get whoever he is working out pumped up.

Hoop Headz, hit up Hoop Magic for the GBake show out and saw some of the areas best girls doing their thing. Quick thoughts

Ganon had the girls in his palm

Spann is one step ahead ( fast or slow)

Alston really is BIG

Venson is the butter and the bread

Zoe Zoe Zoe!!

Jersey Girls ball

Lil girl maybe 9 might of had the tightest handle in bldg

Freeman wasn't giving nothing free

Amber always working, always moving, always working

Crusaders repped major

No Domo??!? Kill! as the youngins say. I needed some Domo

Anyway so much for quick thoughts huh. I could go on and on. Girls good job from the elite to the girls who just put their head down and put in the work. "Less games, more drills"

Ganon is one of the best in the business. You are right his high energy does get whoever he is working out pumped up.

Your absence was duly noted...since you are Mr.girlshoopreportprepguru..I guess you are just happy hiding behind your screenname..even though the world know who you are Rob.

Great event, good for the area. Players from as norrth as Ohio and as south as Florida. My daughter just watched since it was sold out but she was able to see that there was another whole level of basketball that she didn't know about.

Players that stood out over the weekend:

Tasia Butler 2013 - skilled both inside and perimeter, great defender at both.

Tyshell King 2013 - lightning quick drives to the basket good perimeter defender.

Mikayla Venson 2014 - great skill set, shifty excellent ball handler.

Auteaonna Gilmore 2014 - attacks the basket really well, finishes great around the rim in traffic.

Raven James 2016 - great skill set, good speed, sweet jumper.

Galisha Goodhope 2012 - good outside shooter.

Zhara Laster 2014 - fearless attacking the basket, good shooter always looking to make a play.

Infinity Alston 2013 - in limited action made play after play, will be hard to stop when she is full strength.

Why should girls that play for Team Unique have to pay for a Elite Camp? Shouldn't they be getting that instruction for FREE when they have practice with Team Unique? Why would you go and do a write up on Ganon Baker/Kelvin Powell's Elite Camp that is going on this weekend, but won't even do a write up on your camp?

WHY WOULD YOU COME ON MESSAGE BOARDS TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH ME ANYWAY, WHEN IT'S CLEAR YOU CAN'T GO TOE-TO-TOE WITH ME? WHEN CHALLENGED BY THE LIKES OF YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE LIKE YOU, WHOEVER YOU REALLY ARE, I EXPRESS MY RIGHT TO DEFEND THE GIRLS, THE PROGRAM, AND MYSELF.

AND BY THE WAY, EVERY CLUB COACH, IF THEY'RE SERIOUS ABOUT BUSNESS, OR IF THEY'RE ABOUT WANNABE STATUS, TROLLS THESE MESSAGE BOARDS REGULARLY.

WHAT IS MY EGO IN THE WAY OF? THE CONTINUED SUCCESS OF THE PROGRAM--OR IN THE WAY OF THOSE LIKE YOU AND THE OTHER FOLLOWERS?

I went toe-to-toe with you and got the answer I wanted from you, FINALLY. You stated time and time again that college coaches get the Real Basketball Report. When in fact you were lying about it because no college coach has gotten the RBR for years. So when can we expect college coaches to be getting the RBR? Other AAU coaches my troll message boards, but there is a big difference trolling the boards and writing over 600 messages on this boards and over 1,500 on Hoopgurlz.

This whole thing has become boring. Which, therefore, means this has become obsolete. So, life, and I, have moved on...

Hoop Headz, hit up Hoop Magic for the GBake show out and saw some of the areas best girls doing their thing. Quick thoughts

Ganon had the girls in his palm

Spann is one step ahead ( fast or slow)

Alston really is BIG

Venson is the butter and the bread

Zoe Zoe Zoe!!

Jersey Girls ball

Lil girl maybe 9 might of had the tightest handle in bldg

Freeman wasn't giving nothing free

Amber always working, always moving, always working

Crusaders repped major

No Domo??!? Kill! as the youngins say. I needed some Domo

Anyway so much for quick thoughts huh. I could go on and on. Girls good job from the elite to the girls who just put their head down and put in the work. "Less games, more drills"

Hype:

Was this event invitation only?

It may sound the same but it would seem some were nominated(good thing) while others were invited (great thing). *There also were the party crashers depending on the pedigree (understandable).

MD Lady Shooting Stars welcome Donchez "the great" to the organization. We now believe that we have all the ingredients to become elite. We are looking forward to Nova!!!

MD Lady Shooting Stars welcome Donchez "the great" to the organization. We now believe that we have all the ingredients to become elite. We are l,ooking forward to Nova!!!

Big Fish?

Big Fish?

Baller,

You are most certainly correct, I should have used the adjective "huge" versus big. Donchez "the great" Graham has had much success on the AAU circuit prior to landing coaching jobs at Morgan State and WVU. We will hold off on discussion until after high school season.

Baller,

You are most certainly correct, I should have used the adjective "huge" versus big. Donchez "the great" Graham has had much success on the AAU circuit prior to landing coaching jobs at Morgan State and WVU. We will hold off on discussion until after high school season.

Probably a good idea to hold off. His entourage is still shopping his services around with others and he's looking for a college gig.

Probably a good idea to hold off. His entourage is still shopping his services around with others and he's looking for a college gig.

PG:

Donchez "the great" appetitie for the game seems to be a bit more than what the circuit can feed. We would not be surprised if he is coaching college ball soon. We will value whatever time and service that he can give to our program.

PG:

Donchez "the great" appetitie for the game seems to be a bit more than what the circuit can feed. We would not be surprised if he is coaching college ball soon. We will value whatever time and service that he can give to our program.[/quote

Great. Continue to bow down if you must. :confused:

Baller,

Why did he leave WVU?

That doesn't sound great at all after being there for one year

He's a sharp dude. A "great" recruiter. Made a nice run with the Cougars by stockpiling all the best players. I've heard he is not the best with x's and o's but his partner in crime Stretch is pretty decent. The circumstances about his firing from WVU sounded bizarre if you know the guy, so I doubt if it had anything to do with his coaching ability.