Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBbllfan

AAU/Club Teams Summer 2010

545 posts in this topic

I have been on the girls side for fourteen years, and was on the boys side for 20+ years, and the parents nowadays are the absolute worst--especially these fathers. I'd say that 7 out of every 10 fathers is a major jerk and idiot.

It's almost like these fathers want to get with their daughters, or something.

These clowns are just so addicted to any and all attention from someone to gas them up about their daughters; and they'll listen to ANYONE who's doing the talking.

And 9 out of every 10 doing the talking have NO resume of work or achievement over time--they're just running their mouths lying and being disingenuous. These school coaches and club coaches do nothing more than piggyback off of those who've already built something of value, and who really do care about kids.

But what's going on now is an epidemic--because these fathers will listen to ANYTHING as they attempt to manipulate the process; but during the process they almost always mess things up for everyone.

It only takes a particularly ****ed up father ONE week of intrigue, drama, and foolishness to ruin an entire school program or club program! And these school coaches and club coaches LET these fathers do it, because they're the ones gassing the parents up like this in the first place!

It's called "Living your failed dreams thru your children!"

It's called "Living your failed dreams thru your children!"
Sometimes thats the kid biggest down fall ! There Father

Now that AAU is upon us, what AAU/Club did the special elite(non loyal) players in the area wind up landing?

T.King

A.Singletary

J.Tucker

I.Alston

C.Hendricks

B.Mosely

Now that AAU is upon us, what AAU/Club did the special elite(non loyal) players in the area wind up landing?

T.King

A.Singletary

J.Tucker

I.Alston

C.Hendricks

B.Mosely

T.Durant

Bones is with BWSL

Durant is with FFS

Singletary is with Terps

King is with FFS

T.King

A.Singletary

J.Tucker

I.Alston

C.Hendricks

B.Mosely

T.Durant

Candace to the Comets

T.King

A.Singletary

J.Tucker

I.Alston

C.Hendricks

B.Mosely

T.Durant

Bmore....I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to make a comment about at least one of the kids mentioned here!!

Singletary.....I will admit that I am bias as it relates to this kid, as I consider her to be one of the very best in this area.....but as far as I know loyality has never been an issue with this kid.

She has only played with either the Waves....and once they broke up, then the Terps!!

No doubt she is elite....but just not sure the non loyal line is appropriate for her. :)

Bmore....I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to make a comment about at least one of the kids mentioned here!!

Singletary.....I will admit that I am bias as it relates to this kid, as I consider her to be one of the very best in this area.....but as far as I know loyality has never been an issue with this kid.

She has only played with either the Waves....and once they broke up, then the Terps!!

No doubt she is elite....but just not sure the non loyal line is appropriate for her. :)

True DJ, she is a great kid, but I dont think she is with the Terps anymore. There were rumors in the beginning of the week that she went to the FFStars and now she was at the FFStars practice tonight. Guess they aint rumors anymore. She should be a good fit for the Stars.

True DJ, she is a great kid, but I dont think she is with the Terps anymore. There were rumors in the beginning of the week that she went to the FFStars and now she was at the FFStars practice tonight. Guess they aint rumors anymore. She should be a good fit for the Stars.

Its official, Singletary is with the FFstars. She was at practice last night and picked up her uniforms.

Actually, my opinion is irrelevant--I only know what Team Unique does, has done, and will continue to do.

It's up to these parents to evaluate what they think is the right fit for their daughters, and where their daughters will get the best on-court and political set-ups to get the college scholarships and possible accolades.

You mentioned Philly Belles, Boo Williams, Fairfax Stars, and as much as you hated to say it, Team Unique; you also mentioned Maryland Lady Terps and Maryland Shooting Stars as close to the elite level; another poster mentioned the Baltimore Comets.

I suppose we should talk about these clubs. Should the Baltimore Charm be included in the discussion, along with Blue Star Maryland. Is there anyone else who should be discussed?

To be honest, it's actually very easy to figure out where a girl should be playing--who's doing the least amount of lying and faking in their presentation; who's in the gym doing real work; who has the appropriate connects; who really cares about the kids.

Check the resume!

So true. Our girls are not commodities to be used as 'dream chasers' for coaches or parents. Find the right team fit for our daughters - a team that will invest in them, and has a mission beyond using them as 'show horses' to foster another's plans.

Its official, Singletary is with the FFstars. She was at practice last night and picked up her uniforms.

Again, great kid and great family.....i'm sure the the FFS will be pleased with her as an addition. :)

I liken her move to the Harlee move....Harlee if you remember was clearly a Raven player forever....but moved to the FFS her junior/senior year.

I still think the Terps will be will represented on the Exposure tour.

Again, great kid and great family.....i'm sure the the FFS will be pleased with her as an addition. :)

I liken her move to the Harlee move....Harlee if you remember was clearly a Raven player forever....but moved to the FFS her junior/senior year.

I still think the Terps will be will represented on the Exposure tour.

DJ I Agree, its a great move for the Terps also. The Terps get a lot more offense with Albanese and Missouri than with Singletary. Plus, with the addition of Sherae Swinson, I think Terps made some great moves.:D

DJ I Agree, its a great move for the Terps also. The Terps get a lot more offense with Albanese and Missouri than with Singletary. Plus, with the addition of Sherae Swinson, I think Terps made some great moves.:D

Sherrae is moving over....that is great!!!

Again, with Taylor Brown and the others you mentioned...the terps will do okay!!! :)

Sherrae is moving over....that is great!!!

Again, with Taylor Brown and the others you mentioned...the terps will do okay!!! :)

Agree, Swinson is a great kid. DJ or Baller 4 whats going on with the Shooting Stars 16U? do they have a team and who is on it?

Team Sol is having a pre warm up on April 10th. I see the Shooting Stars 15U are playing in the 15U bracket. Just wondering why they are not playing up? and will they be playing 15U all season at exposure tournaments?

With that loaded team they should be playing up 17U bracket.

Team Sol is having a pre warm up on April 10th. I see the Shooting Stars 15U are playing in the 15U bracket. Just wondering why they are not playing up? and will they be playing 15U all season at exposure tournaments?

Who did they pick up? Malloy and Alston are gone. Why do you think they could play 17u?

Smack:

We have not released our itinerary. Please be assured that we will play up in every and all tournaments to include the Showcases. I'm not sure if we are loaded but look forward to competing this spring and summer.

Who did they pick up? Malloy and Alston are gone. Why do you think they could play 17u?

Green:

Alston was only with us for a brief period. She was not with us during most of our great run last year. We are hoping to mold some of the new pieces we acquired to our style of basketball to give us the balance needed to compete this year. On the other hand, Malloy was a big piece to our backcourt. Her defensive energy and hustle will be greatly missed. We wish both Alston and Malloy great success in all their endeavors.

Agree, Swinson is a great kid. DJ or Baller 4 whats going on with the Shooting Stars 16U? do they have a team and who is on it?

Not sure of the complete makeup of the 16U team...maybe baller or SSCamp can provide details....but I do know that Conley from Old Mill was at a try out...and could be a great addition if she joins them.

Green:

Alston was only with us for a brief period. She was not with us during most of our great run last year. We are hoping to mold some of the new pieces we acquired to our style of basketball to give us the balance needed to compete this year. On the other hand, Malloy was a big piece to our backcourt. Her defensive energy and hustle will be greatly missed. We wish both Alston and Malloy great success in all their endeavors.

Where is Malloy playing?

Green:

Good luck this season. Can't wait to see this year's team. I'm sure they'll represent MD well on the circuit.

Not sure of the complete makeup of the 16U team...maybe baller or SSCamp can provide details....but I do know that Conley from Old Mill was at a try out...and could be a great addition if she joins them.

DJ:

We went back to the drawing board as this team will have a different look. We have assembled good talent that we hope will develop chemistry over the next few months. Conley is playing with anothr club; however, we do think that this team will be competitive. It migh take them some time to gel but that have a few pieces that can wow you.

Where is Malloy playing?

Smack:

The last conversation we had with her suggested that she wanted to focus on a different sport. I would not be surprise if she returns to the basketball circuit soon because she has the heart and courage of a lion.

Good luck this season. Can't wait to see this year's team. I'm sure they'll represent MD well on the circuit.

Green:

We are hoping to use this year as preparation for the girls junior year on the circuit. We feel that we have accomplished a few things over the past two years and now is the ideal time to challenge these ladies at a much more accelerated pace. Thanks for the support and we hope to represent well!

I like Conley. She couldn't get regular run with Old Mill?