Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBbllfan

AAU/Club Teams Summer 2010

545 posts in this topic

I like Conley. She couldn't get regular run with Old Mill?

The kid has great potential!

Last year was her first year with a total focus on bball. She has perfected this "old school" left handed hook shot that is a beautiful thing to see.

Will be a great addition for any club. :)

Not sure of the complete makeup of the 16U team...maybe baller or SSCamp can provide details....but I do know that Conley from Old Mill was at a try out...and could be a great addition if she joins them.

Check your pm DJ.

Does anyone know anything about Alana Beard Future or who is rollin with them ? Website or roster

They should be loaded. They have appoached every organizationin/club in the DMV to get girls to come to their squads.

I do have to admit they were coming after any and everybody they were very aggressive !! But I am very curious to see how good the teams are going to be ..

They should be loaded. They have appoached every organizationin/club in the DMV to get girls to come to their squads.

Such a strong word thieves: we open the doors invite people in allow them to see what we do and let them decide what is best for them. AB Future

Anyone playing in the Charm City Tourney at Park School this weekend?

A lot of teams are playing in the Adidas Shoot-Out Classic in Baltimore that the Shooting Stars are running. Full backets 10U-16U

Most of you on this message board know who I am. I am James Nichols, and among many other things in this business of girls basketball, I am the program director of Team Unique, a girls grassroots basketball program of 14 years based in Washington, D.C.

Several of you don't not like me or my program, and/or think that I and my program ain't about nothing; and that's okay; any I have absolutely no problem with this on any level. Those who feel this way are certainly allowed to and encouraged to have your own opinions.

But not one of you can deny the resume, nor can any of you WHO KNOW AND WILL TELL THE TRUTH, deny this truth and these facts that are on paper.

In the program's 14 years of existence, and in 12 years of playing; 99 of the 99 girls who have passed through the program have gone to college on basketball or academic scholarship connected with basketball--that's 100%.

During this same time, 24 of these girls have received high-school All-American accolades or USA Basketball accolades--which is more than any program has has in America.

As well, Team Unique has had more girls ranked in the consensus top-100 of their respective classes by the national scouts and pundits than has any other program in America; more girls who have received All-League accolades in college than has any other program in America; and, more girls playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas than has any other program in America.

There is a RESUME which supports this, and my references are the scouts, pundits, and college coaches in this business; who any and all of you may feel free to contact at your leisure. THEY know!

There is currently an individual in Baltimore, Tim Alston, who feels the need to trash my name and my program, to any and everyone who will listen.

His rap is that I'm not about anything; that Team Unique isn't a quality program; that we get no gym time; that we don't practice; that we don't develop players; that we just roll the ball out and don't do any coaching.

His dditional rap is that I have no political juice; that I have no real connections with, or respect from the college coaches.

How could Team Unique have survived this long at this high a level of success if ANY of the hate that this person is spewing were true?

There are many other things locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally that I have done in this business, and are doing in this business; that for me to list them in this post would be overkill.

But the most important thing I've ever done in this business, and will continue to do in this business IS TO HELP KIDS, get better as basketball players, as young women, and to get the opportunities to go to college for free.

In fact, Tim Alston CANNOT DENY that Team Unique and I helped HIS daughter, when she played with Team Unique. We had HER in the gym with us, doing development. We enhanced HER political pedigree. We had HER performing, in front of 500+ college coaches, at the USJN. We had HER looking like a baskeball player, having a good time with talented teamates, and feeling good about herself.

And the day after the USJN, he took her to yet ANOTHER club team. That's what these parents do, nowadays. What was the problem? Not enough gas and attention?

Why do you continue to trash me AND my organization AND the girls? You have THAT degree of HATE, AND HATERISM for kids, other than your own, that you'd actively go out in the street and tell any and everyone that what I do and what Team Unique is about is not proper? Especially when ALL OF THE FACTS say the exact opposite?

You have a serious problem, parent and father, that needs to be addressed ASAP. And while you're at it, you can direct all of your college and club confidants to this thread, which I know you will. Because that's how you do.

And I will still welcome your daughter back, if that's what needs to happen. Because I don't abandon a kid--I never have...

Anyone playing in the Charm City Tourney at Park School this weekend?

Besides Charm City at Park, there is the Shooting Stars Adidas event, MD Elite event and Challenge of Champs in Philly.

Most of you on this message board know who I am. I am James Nichols, and among many other things in this business of girls basketball, I am the program director of Team Unique, a girls grassroots basketball program of 14 years based in Washington, D.C.

Several of you don't not like me or my program, and/or think that I and my program ain't about nothing; and that's okay; any I have absolutely no problem with this on any level. Those who feel this way are certainly allowed to and encouraged to have your own opinions.

But not one of you can deny the resume, nor can any of you WHO KNOW AND WILL TELL THE TRUTH, deny this truth and these facts that are on paper.

In the program's 14 years of existence, and in 12 years of playing; 99 of the 99 girls who have passed through the program have gone to college on basketball or academic scholarship connected with basketball--that's 100%.

During this same time, 24 of these girls have received high-school All-American accolades or USA Basketball accolades--which is more than any program has has in America.

As well, Team Unique has had more girls ranked in the consensus top-100 of their respective classes by the national scouts and pundits than has any other program in America; more girls who have received All-League accolades in college than has any other program in America; and, more girls playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas than has any other program in America.

There is a RESUME which supports this, and my references are the scouts, pundits, and college coaches in this business; who any and all of you may feel free to contact at your leisure. THEY know!

There is currently an individual in Baltimore, Tim Alston, who feels the need to trash my name and my program, to any and everyone who will listen.

His rap is that I'm not about anything; that Team Unique isn't a quality program; that we get no gym time; that we don't practice; that we don't develop players; that we just roll the ball out and don't do any coaching.

His dditional rap is that I have no political juice; that I have no real connections with, or respect from the college coaches.

How could Team Unique have survived this long at this high a level of success if ANY of the hate that this person is spewing were true?

There are many other things locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally that I have done in this business, and are doing in this business; that for me to list them in this post would be overkill.

But the most important thing I've ever done in this business, and will continue to do in this business IS TO HELP KIDS, get better as basketball players, as young women, and to get the opportunities to go to college for free.

In fact, Tim Alston CANNOT DENY that Team Unique and I helped HIS daughter, when she played with Team Unique. We had HER in the gym with us, doing development. We enhanced HER political pedigree. We had HER performing, in front of 500+ college coaches, at the USJN. We had HER looking like a baskeball player, having a good time with talented teamates, and feeling good about herself.

And the day after the USJN, he took her to yet ANOTHER club team. That's what these parents do, nowadays. What was the problem? Not enough gas and attention?

Why do you continue to trash me AND my organization AND the girls? You have THAT degree of HATE, AND HATERISM for kids, other than your own, that you'd actively go out in the street and tell any and everyone that what I do and what Team Unique is about is not proper? Especially when ALL OF THE FACTS say the exact opposite?

You have a serious problem, parent and father, that needs to be addressed ASAP. And while you're at it, you can direct all of your college and club confidants to this thread, which I know you will. Because that's how you do.

And I will still welcome your daughter back, if that's what needs to happen. Because I don't abandon a kid--I never have...

Man Stop Crying

Man Stop Crying

Interesting determination, slim.

How is it crying when an individual lies about you, your people, and what you've built and maintained; and then you come around the corner and state facts and figures to correct the situation?

Seems to me that by your previous posts on this message board, and by your boy's behavior; you two may be the crying couple.

And both are okay, too. That's what you people do.

Nice read. Loyalty means nothing to parents these days!!!! Its sad!!!

FYI: For those of you who dont know James Nichols? He has forgotten more basketball than most of you will ever know.

FYI: For those of you who dont know James Nichols? He has forgotten more basketball than most of you will ever know.

Kind and considerate words, and thanks. Even though there are those who still feel that I am the biggest jerk and idiot just because, and that you are quite the same for those flattering comments...

But again, none of that matters--because the only thing that matters is these girls playing hard, having fun, getting better, and getting out of their father's houses and going on to college FOR FREE!

Holler!

What does LOYALTY have to do with this ? So an elite player should stay and play on a mom and pop AAU team because she has been playing for a certain coach since they were in middle school that not fair to the kid if there on that level, so hold them back ?

What does LOYALTY have to do with this ? So if you have and elite player and you know she can play on that level why hold her back ? It sound like to me the coach is selfish and not looking out for the kid best intrest ! But if the parent wants to put the kid in a more competative situation then there not loyal .. COME ON !!!

I'm not sure where you're going with this loyalty theme; but it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with my post--nor does it have anything to do with my point of view.

My post has everything to do with the character of a parent. The loyalty issue only should matter when it's considered as a component of character.

In fact, with my program, I rarely expect loyalty and character; I'm usually surprised when I see it and when I get it.

ESPECIALLY with a parent whose daughter is getting better, is having a good time, is getting all of the relevant party favors, all politics are in order, and there's a minimum of intrigue, drama, and problems.

Not one of us can discount the gas and attention that these parents, especially these fathers, want and demand. Having said this, it's usually the parents and fathers who are already getting all of this anyway, PLUS all that I stated in the previous paragraph, who always bounce.

It's a sickness and a disease--quite honestly, if you all pay attention, these types of parents and fathers are NEVER satisfied. They're always listening to anyone doing the talking; and these talkers are almost always lying, being disingenuous, telling these parents whatever they need to hear to get them twisted.

And it's rare that it's about what's in the best interest of the girl. It's usually about what's in the best interest of the parent and of the offending/offensive organization!

So I completely understand why PostSports would say to me to Stop Crying! But I never cry, because I never take it personally.

Because in this business, everyone of us acquires players, and everyone of us loses players--it's the nature of this business. You just have to keep it moving, and keep on doing what you do.

You just have to insure that YOUR character is always proper; and that the character of YOUR organization's parents doesn't mess up YOUR organization.

And when them other people start lying, being disingenuous, and gassing, if your people want to bounce, let them. Because they were never really with you, anyway...

My bad ! That question was directed to smacktalk because in a couple of his last post he keeps bringing up this LOYALTY thing .. Sometime it maybe the growth of the player or the player may need a change ...

Besides Charm City at Park, there is the Shooting Stars Adidas event, MD Elite event and Challenge of Champs in Philly.

Where do I find the Shooting Stars schedule?

My bad ! That question was directed to smacktalk because in a couple of his last post he keeps bringing up this LOYALTY thing .. Sometime it maybe the growth of the player or the player may need a change ...

Points well taken; and I do agree with you on your clarified loyalty stance, 75% of the time...

I'm not sure where you're going with this loyalty theme; but it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with my post--nor does it have anything to do with my point of view.

My post has everything to do with the character of a parent. The loyalty issue only should matter when it's considered as a component of character.

In fact, with my program, I rarely expect loyalty and character; I'm usually surprised when I see it and when I get it.

ESPECIALLY with a parent whose daughter is getting better, is having a good time, is getting all of the relevant party favors, all politics are in order, and there's a minimum of intrigue, drama, and problems.

Not one of us can discount the gas and attention that these parents, especially these fathers, want and demand. Having said this, it's usually the parents and fathers who are already getting all of this anyway, PLUS all that I stated in the previous paragraph, who always bounce.

It's a sickness and a disease--quite honestly, if you all pay attention, these types of parents and fathers are NEVER satisfied. They're always listening to anyone doing the talking; and these talkers are almost always lying, being disingenuous, telling these parents whatever they need to hear to get them twisted.

And it's rare that it's about what's in the best interest of the girl. It's usually about what's in the best interest of the parent and of the offending/offensive organization!

So I completely understand why PostSports would say to me to Stop Crying! But I never cry, because I never take it personally.

Because in this business, everyone of us acquires players, and everyone of us loses players--it's the nature of this business. You just have to keep it moving, and keep on doing what you do.

You just have to insure that YOUR character is always proper; and that the character of YOUR organization's parents doesn't mess up YOUR organization.

And when them other people start lying, being disingenuous, and gassing, if your people want to bounce, let them. Because they were never really with you, anyway...

I respect what you do and have done. But I have to ask, was the infomercial necessary to dispute someone who no one takes seriously? In 3 or 4 years he will be out of the limelight that he seems to crave as his daughter will have moved on to college. I can't imagine that he has any real influence in the community on anyone other than his daughter.

u sissies r crazy. james stop hiding on the board. if u have a problem with me,then hit my phone. seems to me u r caught up in your feelings. u need a hug. according to the rbrp. u r the only elite team on a message board. u n your board buddies make me out to be public enemy number one. thats ok. i dont ask to be on teams. all of yall r crazy. stop hustling girls basketball n leave me alone when i come n a gym.

looks like some good talent from multiple states at Meadowbrook saturday.....

My sons team plays someone from Loudon county at 445 then another 715...Looks like Sunday action too