Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LionsDad

High School Lacrosse scoreboard

102 posts in this topic

2a/1a first round Southern 15 Kent County 4

Up Next: top-seed Queen Anne's 10am saturday (Ouch 7am arrival at school) But we will take our best shot against a very talented team.

4a/3a Meade beat Great Mills..Way to keep going Mustangs...Congrats

4a/3a Broadneck defeated Leonardtown...

County off to a good start at least...

we were just too young an inexperienced for the group right now Lion Backer...I love German...That low to High Whipper is deadly....

Consolation was my son scored for us.. :) good luck the rest of the way

Highly anticipated post season re-match turned out to be a DUD. Seahawks trailed 12-1 after 3 quarters. Falcons did a superb job of spreading the ball around while the Seahawks offense just couldn't get going inside, resorting to nothing but outside shots for the most part easily handled by SP goaltender. Seahawks managed to score a few in the 4th quarter, but the game was over by then.

If one were to singularly read the Washington Post for their lax coverage, one would get the impression that the best public school HS lax team in Maryland is MoCo's Wooton...and maybe they are? But how about some equal coverage until that determination has been made?

Barely a mention of Sp's dominat win over Thomas Johnson. Talk about disrespect.

Heading out to TU and Jonny Unitas stadium to catch the MIAA final between BL and SP ... Anyword on the Hereford / Parkside score in 2A/3a semi's ?

If one were to singularly read the Washington Post for their lax coverage, one would get the impression that the best public school HS lax team in Maryland is MoCo's Wooton...and maybe they are? But how about some equal coverage until that determination has been made?

Barely a mention of Sp's dominat win over Thomas Johnson. Talk about disrespect.

Severna Park completely dominated Wootton earlier this season by a score of 11-2. Granted, it was early in the season. A perfect 20-0 record coupled with The Washington Post's lack of recognition for AA County lacrosse might just be the perfect motivating factors for the Falcons come Wednesday night, neither of which bode well for the Patriots IMHO.:rolleyes:

No doubt Wooton will be up to revenge that drubbing. I just hope Falcon players don't let down one second, or the disrespect to Sp lax, by the Washington Post, could be validated. I grow tired of reading stories about how great the Post thinks their MoCo teams are.

Take it to 'em, Falcons!

Queen Anne's County 7

Glenelg 6

Congratulations Coach Ransom and the Lions!!!!

Queen Anne's County 7

Glenelg 6

Congratulations Coach Ransom and the Lions!!!!

Fantastic win for the Lions over a quality team in Glenelg ... had a feeling this would be a great game !!!

Severna Park 13, Wootton 7. Great season Falcons

Way to go Park!!

Is this the first 20-0 season for Sp's lax team?

Great Season for SP, Most experts thought Broadneck was the team to beat and that SP would have a down year.... and they put together their best season in school history, and were never challenged in the playoffs... congrats

Great Season for SP, Most experts thought Broadneck was the team to beat and that SP would have a down year.... and they put together their best season in school history, and were never challenged in the playoffs... congrats

I read in the Capital that Severna Park is sending 9 kids to play lax in college. If that number is correct, then those in the know, or the alleged "experts", should have known that Severna Park was loaded with talent this year. While nobody can predict what the final outcome of the season will be, I'm not sure anybody involved with Sp lax is toatally surprised, and knew this was a very good team capable of winning States - again. Now, 20 games later, we have a better gauge of, how good.

While the 20-0 record is a first, and not to take anything away from this years team, I think it's worth mentioning that Sp did not play (and therefore, possibly lose to) tougher teams from the MIAA. I know in most years, Sp plays teams from the MIAA, or deMatha. I suspect there were equally as good teams in the past, but who's perfect record was blemished by loses to some MIAA team. My point is - I only wish the falcons had played a couple of MIAA teams, so as to move the bar even higher to see how good they really were - ie, very good, or perhaps, the best team ever from sp?

Congrat's Severna Park!

Way to go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great win over River Hill for 3 State Championships in a row.

I read in the Capital that Severna Park is sending 9 kids to play lax in college. If that number is correct, then those in the know, or the alleged "experts", should have known that Severna Park was loaded with talent this year. While nobody can predict what the final outcome of the season will be, I'm not sure anybody involved with Sp lax is toatally surprised, and knew this was a very good team capable of winning States - again. Now, 20 games later, we have a better gauge of, how good.

While the 20-0 record is a first, and not to take anything away from this years team, I think it's worth mentioning that Sp did not play (and therefore, possibly lose to) tougher teams from the MIAA. I know in most years, Sp plays teams from the MIAA, or deMatha. I suspect there were equally as good teams in the past, but who's perfect record was blemished by loses to some MIAA team. My point is - I only wish the falcons had played a couple of MIAA teams, so as to move the bar even higher to see how good they really were - ie, very good, or perhaps, the best team ever from sp?

Congrat's Severna Park!

A lot of Seniors on SP made the most of their first chance to get much playing time this year. I actually do think they would have beat Severn this year.

I actually do think they would have beat Severn this year.

Me too. I only wish they had played. Funny how that works out...the two don't play when Sp is at it's best. Woulda been a hellava game!

Me too. I only wish they had played. Funny how that works out...the two don't play when Sp is at it's best. Woulda been a hellava game!

Hey slaps ... just had to send out note of congratulations to your Falcons bunch for a fabulous season this spring. Going undefeated at any level is a great accomplishment and the entire SP program have every right to be proud for a season that will not be forgotten for years to come.

I have several friends @ St. Paul's HS who told me the Falcons had a very nice scrimmage with the Crusaders at the beginning of the season. Unfortunatley, I usually make every effort to catch that early season scrimmage but was unable to make in 2010.

I know there is the talk of "what if" the Falcons could play community rival Severn this year and like you correctly stated, it would be a heckuva a game.

Just like last year, Hereford & Severna Park were the two best public teams in the state and a match-up between these two this past season "would have" been a great match as well. Bulls had a very very special team this season and by all accounts, the Falcons were just as talented ( always a good thing).

Hoping the Lions can rebuild from a "sleepy" (like that one word description folks) 2010 campaign, and with a nice JV this season, they will meet the challenges from Hereford / Severna Park / CM Wright (great season as well)/Fallston / Glenelg / Franklin and off course the Queen Anne lions in 2011.B)

Thank you to the MIAA teams as well ... very very competitive season indeed !!

Well, South River won the title in 2009, so them and Hereford played this year, so hopefully Hereford and SP will play next year.

i'm still keeping the porch light on for the glen burnie gophers and northeast eagles.

or don't they "like lax" as much as they do on the other side of the trax...er...rt. 100?

Hey slaps ... just had to send out note of congratulations to your Falcons bunch for a fabulous season this spring. Going undefeated at any level is a great accomplishment and the entire SP program have every right to be proud for a season that will not be forgotten for years to come.

I have several friends @ St. Paul's HS who told me the Falcons had a very nice scrimmage with the Crusaders at the beginning of the season. Unfortunatley, I usually make every effort to catch that early season scrimmage but was unable to make in 2010.

I know there is the talk of "what if" the Falcons could play community rival Severn this year and like you correctly stated, it would be a heckuva a game.

Just like last year, Hereford & Severna Park were the two best public teams in the state and a match-up between these two this past season "would have" been a great match as well. Bulls had a very very special team this season and by all accounts, the Falcons were just as talented ( always a good thing).

Hoping the Lions can rebuild from a "sleepy" (like that one word description folks) 2010 campaign, and with a nice JV this season, they will meet the challenges from Hereford / Severna Park / CM Wright (great season as well)/Fallston / Glenelg / Franklin and off course the Queen Anne lions in 2011.B)

Thank you to the MIAA teams as well ... very very competitive season indeed !!

Yes, a very special year, and thanks for the kind words. I'm still hoping the Lions and Falcons meet again for the championship...I still promise to buy the pre/post game beer. :D

Going to the NCAA lax this weekend? I'm still hoping for a Big Red championship!

Yes, a very special year, and thanks for the kind words. I'm still hoping the Lions and Falcons meet again for the championship...I still promise to buy the pre/post game beer. :D

Going to the NCAA lax this weekend? I'm still hoping for a Big Red championship!

We'll be there tomorrow for the semifinals. Have to root for the Irish in the first game because of the family ties but I love the fact Cornell is playing fantastic lacrosse as well. Have "olde" family roots in upstate New York and truth be told, I love the NY style of play over the Maryland methodolgy for the most part. I have always enjoyed Cornell / Syracuse / Hobart / Cortland style of fielding teams. I would love to see Cornell or Notre Dame earn the title outright.

The second match-up will be fantastic as well. It will be interesting to see the strategy by both ACC teams after having played each other " a few times" over the years. Always tough going when you know so much about your opponent and have the utmost respect for each other leasding into a heated contest. Has all the makings for an awesome battle.

I envision a Cornell - UVA match-up in the finals. I LOVE Virgina's goalie a great deal ..... Truth be told ... all four are very very capable of winning the whole thing. One thing is also certain, Cornell is keenly aware of the abilities of this Irish bunch, especially their (ND's) defense. Red machine by 2/3.

We'll be there tomorrow for the semifinals. Have to root for the Irish in the first game because of the family ties but I love the fact Cornell is playing fantastic lacrosse as well. Have "olde" family roots in upstate New York and truth be told, I love the NY style of play over the Maryland methodolgy for the most part. I have always enjoyed Cornell / Syracuse / Hobart / Cortland style of fielding teams. I would love to see Cornell or Notre Dame earn the title outright.

The second match-up will be fantastic as well. It will be interesting to see the strategy by both ACC teams after having played each other " a few times" over the years. Always tough going when you know so much about your opponent and have the utmost respect for each other leasding into a heated contest. Has all the makings for an awesome battle.

I envision a Cornell - UVA match-up in the finals. I LOVE Virgina's goalie a great deal ..... Truth be told ... all four are very very capable of winning the whole thing. One thing is also certain, Cornell is keenly aware of the abilities of this Irish bunch, especially their (ND's) defense. Red machine by 2/3.

How long has ND had lax?