Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustangDad

The New Harford County Basketball Thread

4,292 posts in this topic

I have no idea how good any of the teams are but the question should be...who will be able to knock off Aberdeen? Any teams with any chance of knocking them off the peak?

It has been a while, just wanted to congratulate all my fellow posters and let you know Ping will be positing soon on HC BB. Can't wait for the season to get started!!!

What is Ping congratulating us for?

Taking up too much room in the Blatimore Sun server?

Elevation, you are off to the early lead with 2 posts on the new thread. Elevation, you did not not completely answer my prior question. How do you rate JC in the mix of things with the rest of Harford County? I don't want you to be decapitated or something by commenting on JC. In reference to Mustand Dad. The only thing that could beat Aberdeen is themselves with grades and ineligibility. Somehow, I don't think they will have to worry. The same guy who does that stats, issues the report cards. (Sorry Deen, I just can't help myself) Mustang Dad, what other changes are you talking about in Mustang land?

bball-If JC were playing in the county, they would be somewhere in the middle or slightly towards the bottom. They are going to have a young team next season, probably without any seniors. Here would be my ranking with JC:

1-Aberdeen

2-Joppatowne

3-Bel Air

4-CMW

5-NH

6-Edge

7-Fallston

8-JC

9-Tech

10-Havre de Grace

I think bel air might be a little high in the rankings. They werent that strong last year on jv.

The Regulator aka The beast from the east aka the truth aka the fugitive aka the burden aka the Peoples champ

GMTB,

CMW last?

You really think Tech will be that much better then the Mustangs?

GMTB,

CMW last?

You really think Tech will be that much better then the Mustangs?

Yes, why CMW last...something we all dont know? The rumor I heard down on the Grounds is CMWs new JV coach is from Edgewood. I dont know who he is but supposedly from Edgewood. The new varsity coach has or had connections with Aberdeen so maybe its some of his old friends from Aberdeen...someone please help us!!!! DJGregg you MUST know something!!!!!!

I don't think that CMW will be last. Elevation, I also think that JC will do better than you think. They have a lot of height which is lacking in the rest of the county. It is my opinion that teams 2-10 are close to each other and that on any given night team 10 could beat 2. I do think that Tech will be improved. I also would not under estimate HVG and their coach. One last note is that JV success doesn't always translate to varsity success.

I believe Belair is in the right spot. They will be real decent if the talent is used correctly. You have the brothers Hacke and a whole lot of nice role players. The jc thing I'll leave alone but I think they will be better than you think. All county, a good list early except for Franks, all I can say to that is HUH?!? I'll take Becker instead, solid gaurd, great shooter, and really ready this year for the rigor's of varsity competition.

LOL :D

Mustang dad, sounds like you're worried if the new jv coach is coming from the Edgewood/Aberdeen area.

What's with that? You're starting to upset me! :mad:

I wasnt sure what you meant by your post until I went back and read mine. When I said "Someone please help us!" I meant someone on this site help us with the rumors...confirm them or dispel them. I did not mean in any way that getting a coach from Edgewood/Aberdeen would be bad. The varsity coach is an Aberdeen guy and I think he did pretty good with the JVs. I hope this clears things up. BUT, are these rumors true?!?!

I am 99% sure that the new Head Coach for CMW is Mr. Derick Howell and his assistant, Coach Washington. Congratulations and Good luck to the new tandum at CMW. I wanted someone else to break the news on the thread....but it looks like I need to calm the "merky waters"...

Congrats to Mike Jones and the MD Elite 17s... they won the Classic Bracket at the Div 2 17U AAU Nationals at Disney... they won six straight games after starting 0-2...

Another local team, The HLD Bulls, placed 12th in the National Bracket of the Div 2 17U AAU Nationals at Disney...

Other area teams at Disney:

Mt Royal 16U won the 16U Super Showcase after winning the Div 1 Nationals in New Orleans... They also made it to the semi-finals of the 17U Super showcase where they lost to the Baltimore Stars, the eventual champion...

The Baltimore Stars won the 17U Super Showcase... and later placed 9th in the National Braket of Div 1 17U AAU Nationals...

For more info: see http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/newsite/index.html

Coach Howell would be an excellant choice at CMW. He is great with the kids and a great coach. He should have been considered for the edgewood varsity when it came open last year. He will help the CMW progam continue its success and probably will give a much needed toughness to the varsity. :)

A COUPLE THINGS......

Sounds like a great choice by C. Milton for the JV position. Still not convinced the Varsity situation will work out with Perk playing second fiddle.

Bel Air should be solid... though I'm not sold on the Hacke brothers as the answer.

I like Edgewood alot... that program is moving in the right direction. Discipline is stressed.

Can somebody explain why Harford Tech will be improved this year?

C. Milton and Fallston ?????? doesn't look good but maybe the lack of any proven GO TO players will make both teams stress defense and team play.

That's it....

Do not read into this one way or another...But who hired Howell for the JV position? Was it the ADs choice? The varsity coach? The principal? I assume it was the AD. I dont know anything about him but from what the posters here say, great choice. Sounds like no clear cut favorite to push Aberdeen. Should be a fun season!

Any coaching position is ultimately hired by a principal in a school. Obviously, he would listen to input from the A.D. and other coaches involved.

Roar Lion, don't you follow Cecil County? What can we expect from them this year? How competitve will Northeast be? What about the lower division? I know several teams graduated a lot of players

The principal has the final say, yet in some schools and in particular CMW, the AD controls the hiring. In CMW's case the AD gives full authority to his Varsity coaches to hire their own JV coaches almost without question. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems interesting that CMW now has an ex-Aberdeen assistant as its head coach for V, an ex-Edgewood assistant as the V assistant (Perk), and now an ex-head JV coach from Edgewood (new hire) as the head JV coach. Seems like a small circle from which they are drawing the coaches from. Does anyone think Perk is still working and pulling strings behind the scenes?? Still am having a hard time seeing Perk as the number 2 guy and it not being all about him.

Good luck to CMW I think they are going to need it.

Givemetheball, why does it upset you when you believed mustangdad was worried about an edgewood/aberdeen coach. All you seem to talk about is nh...where are you from?

bball, Cecil County hoops will not be as strong this year. North East's team will depend on guard play. They will still be large, with some talented interior play, but their point guard graduated and it didn't look like there was much on the j.v.. Elkton will have several athletic players, but won't have the skill level they did last year. Perryville could be the sleeper. Good size, good interior play, there problem will be experience at the guard position and eligibility. Bo Manor and Rising Sun will both be weak.

Wow I know your posts had to do with lax...I never questioned that. Besides your personal vendetta with Pedri you seem to be the person bringing up negativity about NH. However, for a Bel Air guy I find it interesting that you are the one that told the board about NH chemistry problems. Last I checked a person from a different school wouldn't know about internal problems in a different area. Let alone think it is his area to address. Besides attacking senior goalies, learn what you are talking about... on every forum.

Zoinks!! sorry no x here, good attempt though. But seriously GIVEMETHEBALL, why would a guy from Bel Air break news about chemistry problems from NH. Again, like I said prior, someone from Bel Air wouldn't know this, wouldn't feel it is his place to post this, and wouldn't respond later like a little child going..

YOU WIN EVERYTHINGS GREAT UP IN DUCKLAND..

somebody from Bel Air would realize..maybe I am wrong, or at least admit that he could've been wrong about the rumors of another school. Givemetheball please answer this.

BC 24 where are you, when do you go back to school to get ready for the season? what is your take on the upcoming season in the county? interested in hearing how you are doing and what your thoughts are.