Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustangDad

The New Harford County Basketball Thread

4,292 posts in this topic

And my point was there are a lot more kids playing on county schools worth talking about. Some pretty good ones at Fallston and Tech just to name two teams.........

go back and read the original blog...are they playing in thisparticular tournament?

I'm sorry then, I misunderstood. I thought you said the kids in this tournament were the only harford county kids worth watching. My apology.

And i also misunderstood too. I felt you just thought Aberdeen was the only team to look forward to in HC

my bad broha

Harford Tech 51, Edgewood 29

E-Coleman 4, Hicks 2, Harbach 4, James 7, Oliver 1, Ralls 2, Schwartzman 9. Totals 12 4-8 29.

H-Ewing 14, K. West 6, J. West 12, Mayo 7, Mack 2, Phillips 4, Melton 1, Muffoletto 1, Turner 2, Brooks 2. Totals 15 13-23 51. Half: H, 24-17.

Harford Tech 51, Edgewood 29

E-Coleman 4, Hicks 2, Harbach 4, James 7, Oliver 1, Ralls 2, Schwartzman 9. Totals 12 4-8 29.

H-Ewing 14, K. West 6, J. West 12, Mayo 7, Mack 2, Phillips 4, Melton 1, Muffoletto 1, Turner 2, Brooks 2. Totals 15 13-23 51. Half: H, 24-17.

Is edgewood horrible this year or was this this just a great game by tech. Don't get me wrong, tech has a great team and they will have a good season, but 29points for ewood is terrible.

And i also misunderstood too. I felt you just thought Aberdeen was the only team to look forward to in HC

my bad broha

No problem... but check this out.. if you haven't heard....All of the kids i named had great games this past weekend. Aberdeen beat Dunbar (i think by 7). Bel Air did take a loss to Patterson (too many turn overs). CMW looked pretty good. Over all i think Harford County let the city folks know we have talent out here too!!!

Aberdeen beat Dunbar (i think by 7).
The days of Dunbar being a power in Baltimore is over. They are a football school now.

Over all i think Harford County let the city folks know we have talent out here too!!!

City public school basketball is in a bad state right now. The majority of the talent plays in the BCL as compared to 10 years ago when most of the talent played in the city league.

WOW, I am so excited, and don't know what to do. Weds. Jan. 2nd we all have to make choices in Harco.

Do we go see the Aberdeen @ Bel Air game that features 4 of the best harco players?

OR do we run up to JC and check out St Francis (the #1 team in the state) @ JC?

What a great delema to have, I know where I'll be, how about all the Harco fans? Give your thoughts on the outcomes.

I'll take Deen in an up and down game where I think BA will acctually have to try to slow the game down. I know that's not their normal pace, but I think they can be more effective in half court offense and chew up some of Aberdeen's opportunities.

As far as the St Francis-JC match-up, I think JC (unlike MSJ) has a player that can deal somewhat with Sean Mosley. I think Philmore will do to him what he has not seen this year. But, this is only one part of what JC must do, the rest of the team has to limit the opportunities of the rest of their squad. It should be a great game, as a fan, I'll take JC in a home win.

I saw first hand BelAir's transition game....and I saw a lot of their transition game

I believe they can compete with Aberdeen and run with Aberdeen. My prediction is an Aberdeen win, but I would not be surprised if BelAir comes away with a victory. Referees will be critical, coaching decisions will be important.

Not sure about the John Carroll game, I have never seen St Francis play

But I am cheering for Emmorton North...I mean John Carroll :}

Aberdeen at BelAir is definitely the Game of the Week

But how about Elkton @ Tech, could be the battle for supremacy in the lower division

JTowne @ Fallston, Always a battle

Friday

Belair @ JTowne

EWOOD @ Aberdeen

Tech @ N Harford

Really a good week of basketball for Harford County Schools

JC has to be able to shut down atleast two of their big three (Mosley, Oquendo, Sparrow). If they can do that, they should be able to keep the game close.

Aberdeen at BelAir is definitely the Game of the Week

But how about Elkton @ Tech, could be the battle for supremacy in the lower division

JTowne @ Fallston, Always a battle

Friday

Belair @ JTowne

EWOOD @ Aberdeen

Tech @ N Harford

Really a good week of basketball for Harford County Schools

Aberdeen/Belair should be close.

I like St Francis over JC.

I like Fallston since they are home

Cobra , I am going with Elkton because of the big man. Also don't take the warriors for granted. They will be in the hunt

I agree that this is a great way to start off the new year

i would like to hear some (MATURE) opinions on Devon Branch, Devon Saddler, Tyre Moore and Gerrae Williams all playin for Aberdeen High School.

Since I am not under any type of a gag rule and I will tell you what I know about JC. I will provide names since I don't undertand the big deal about using names. We do it all the time. JC has 3 returning JV players that should get playing time. They are Stan, Ryan and Chase. All 3 played AAU and Ryan and Stan are about 6' 5".

They brought in a point guard from Perry Hall. I heard he is quick and can handle the ball. He is a soph and about 5-8". They brought in Josh W from North Harford who is almost 6'7" who is a soph. They brought in young Maczko from Belair who will probably be a shooting guard. He is about 6' 2". They have several fresh from MD Elite. The two that will most likely play up in my opinion is Smith who is about 6' 4" and jumps extremely well and perhaps TJ Jordan's younger brother Raphael. Then of course you have the 7' 3" transfer who is a sophomore.

FallstonBC, potentially JC could go 6-5, 6-7 and 7-3 at the 3,4,5 position. I think that Fallston and several other teams in the county would have match up problems with this team especially if JC gets the guard play.

I think there is a lot of parody in the league. I think that Fallston, CMW,Tech, HVG and NH are close to one another in talent. I would give Edgewood, Joppa and Belair and slight edge over the that group but on any given night I think every game is up for grabs with the exception of Aberdeen.

One final note about JC. Those kids have been eating and drinking basketball since May. That gives them a big advantage over the public schools

What point gaurd from Perry Hall ?

:rolleyes:Those guys r taking care of business on the HARDWOOD nice 2 see hard work pays off:cool:

i would like to hear some (MATURE) opinions on Devon Branch, Devon Saddler, Tyre Moore and Gerrae Williams all playin for Aberdeen High School.