Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustangDad

The New Harford County Basketball Thread

4,292 posts in this topic

For the sake of protecting 94feet, he's not me, and I'm not him..... I think. I don't even know who I am anymore. I assume that's what was being suspected by GMTB.

I love the way you constantly avoid questions by me, in turn making you look guilty...come on I want to know why a Bel Air guy would break news about NH chemistry and then when others disagree get defensive about it. Like I said earlier someone from another school wouldn't think it is his place to break rumors on a public board not involving his school.

Somewhat intelligent question you justed asked... In the past you usualy have a freshman that makes or somewhat contributes to varsity as a freshman.. some examples off the top of my head are pettiway and the freshman of aberdeen.. However, in my opinion I feel this freshman class is somewhat weak this year and I do not know of anyone that is varsity ready. What is the rest of the boards thoughts..?

NEWS FLASH..you avoid main questions with sarcastic remarks because you cannot defend your Bel Air claim. Also instead of insinuating things please elaborate. For example, what chemistry problems... Also, what freshman do you "have in mind."

Also, what freshman do you "have in mind."

Freshman with chemistry problems.

I don't know much about the freshman class but the only kids that I have heard about were the 8th grade Elite kids and it is my understanding that most of them went to JC.

Two went to Loyola and one went to Boy's Latin. Pettiway was good as a freshman, so was Devon, the best freshman of this class is probably TJ's little brother

Two went to Loyola and one went to Boy's Latin. Pettiway was good as a freshman, so was Devon, the best freshman of this class is probably TJ's little brother

Agree 100%... Raphael Jordan will be the best freshman in the county next year... He should play a lot, if not start, for JC' s varsity next year... Huge loss for the BAHS program...

For those of you who may have known Marcus Hunt, we are trying to get the word out of his passing. Marcus was a 2004 graduate of CMW high and passed away Sunday in a tragic kyacking accident. Marcus played football at CMW and was very active in the school. He grew up playing rec league basketball in the Forest Hill program and will be remembered as an outstanding young man who was a joy to coach. Too often we get hung up on what coach is doing what and what board member said what that we miss the big picture. Give your children, your mom, your dad, your brother, and your sister an extra big hug tonight and tell them that you love them. Please keep the family of Marcus Hunt in your prayers as they begin to deal with this tragic death.

Interesting sighting this past weekend at Towson U. Robbie Jackson and Kasheif Brown were playing for Aberdeen High at a high school team "camp" weekend. Maybe because they didn't graduate they are coming back for another season. Heck Robbie would only be 20 by then!

On other tidbit, does anyone find it silly that Robbie Jackson plays on the Baltimore Select 17U AAU team?

are there any sophmores that will be taken up and contribute on the varisty level this year?

Hoopinsider, I agree with you on the Jackson thing. CMWSTUD, The only schools that I know will have some sophs on it is Belair, JC and perhaps Tech. Branch from Aberdeen is also a soph. I say this half joking but didn't both Jackson and Brown only play 3 years of ball?

Stud and BBall the only two real sophs exclusive of JC that I am aware of are Branch at Aberdeen and Hackey at Bel Air. Two sleepers may be Cannon (Brian's little brother at Fallston) and JP Lacey at CMW. Lacey will probably start out on the JV level but may be moved to V midway thru the seasaon. Both Cannon and Lacey are solid inside players. Who else is out there, any thoughts anyone?

Black and Gold how does little Ewing compare to his brother, same type of game and how big is he now?

B&G the fall league will be hosted by CMW and will begin the Sunday after Labor Day, Sept.11th and run thru the first Sunday in November.

I played with Devan tonight along with a bunch of other Harford Basketball graduates. He looked very good. He was comfortable with pressure and shot with alot of confidence .

According to Marylandprephoops.com Harford is home to the #2 and #6 SG's in the state. Branch from Aberdeen and Charles Smith from HdG. I don't know if you can really put a lot of faith into these rankings however it is impressive that these two are garnering this recognition regardless.

Hoops I totally agree with you that it is a joke that Robbie is playing with the 17's. I saw it some time ago but couldn't get on to post it. It really does make you wonder how old some of these kids really are.

On a side note I think HCC will field a much more competitive team this year as long as people take care of the grades.

"According to Marylandprephoops.com Harford is home to the #2 and #6 SG's in the state. Branch from Aberdeen and Charles Smith from HdG. I don't know if you can really put a lot of faith into these rankings however it is impressive that these two are garnering this recognition regardless."

You DO know that is for the class of 2008, correct? It is great though to get some Harford County players being recognized on that site. College coaches go on their for sure to take a look. Any recognition the kids can get the better it is for everyone who plays against or with those players. Alot of times a college coach will come watch one player and also sees another player or two that catch their eye that otherwise would have never have gotten noticed. Keep up the good work guys!

The rankings on Md Prep Hoops are immpressive, Mr. Branch has been ranked for two years, Mr. Smith is new. A question though, I don't remember Mr. Smith even playing for HDG last year? I know he played for Cecil Kirk, I don't know who he played aau for this year, but is this just a ranking based on aau play?

John Carroll lands 7'3 sophmore from Poland. This foriegn exchange student will be the first of many for Coach Martin who has been busy in Baltimore City on the recruiting trail.

John Carroll lands 7'3 sophmore from Poland. This foriegn exchange student will be the first of many for Coach Martin who has been busy in Baltimore City on the recruiting trail.

Yeah, the school had to order some special desks, and raise up some of the ceiling fans. 7'3" is a good bit tall...

Spoke with a local ref who happened to see one of the city league games that JC is in and he was very impressed. He said they are big overall, the tall kid is 7'ish, not 7'3" but he is decent and they have a couple of other solid big guys. Three players that impressed him the most were Muckzo (sp?), TJ Ford's little brother, and one other smaller black guard (he did not get a name). The team was running plays, pressing, working real hard. He told me that they win the B division without a problem this year based on what he saw. He thinks that Harford County teams will not want them on their schedules after the next two seasons. Should be cool, anyone know who this other guard is?

Hey guys.

I am back from my 10 day "vacation" from the board.

Insider,

Could the new 7 foot guy be the best center in the county this season?

What type of talent does he have?

Elevation welcome back. It sounds like he is a young version of Robbie Jackson. Decent footwork, decent hands, needs development in a system. He should be the best center in the county just based on size. In some of the county schools the starting centers are no taller than 6'4" or so. It will be intertesting.