Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustangDad

The New Harford County Basketball Thread

4,292 posts in this topic

Insider,

Thank you.

Do you know what grade he is in?

They say he is a 15 year old sophmore. Hard to tell with foreign players. My guess is he may be a little older than that.

Spoke with a local ref who happened to see one of the city league games that JC is in and he was very impressed. He said they are big overall, the tall kid is 7'ish, not 7'3" but he is decent and they have a couple of other solid big guys. Three players that impressed him the most were Muckzo (sp?), TJ Ford's little brother, and one other smaller black guard (he did not get a name). The team was running plays, pressing, working real hard. He told me that they win the B division without a problem this year based on what he saw. He thinks that Harford County teams will not want them on their schedules after the next two seasons. Should be cool, anyone know who this other guard is?

It appears the JC is letting coach Martin do his thing and I said if they allow him to do his thing, JC would be a powerhouse in 3-5 years.

As far them winning the B Conference, Gilman has won the last two B conference titles and are returning 10 kids including their entire starting five. They won't give up the title without a fight.

EV I understand that the kid from Poland graduated at 17 played 2 years for the Polish National team and is now being brought over as a junior to JC. But they tell me he looks very, very young! Just kidding I will find out and let everyone know.

Anyone know if there is going to be a Fall High School Development league similar to the Spring league they had at CMW?

Also, any idea why JC and some of the other Harford County teams on the east side of 95 have not participated in these leagues?

Jacob is a sophmore and I assure you he is 7'3" tall! They also have 6'6-7" soph. two 6'5" junior's, a 6'4-5" freshman. All can play, but all have work to do to get there. The point gaurd is also a freshman. It will be an interesting year, and DJ your right you told everyone so.

BTW: when the "local ref" was there Maczco was on vacation, the point gaurd pulled something in the first 4 minutes and sat out and raphael did'nt make it for that game. Such BS.

Are these sophmores and juniors that have transferred in or are returning from last year?

wtrules what is the attitude all about? do you have a son on that team and have you only played one game? the person who talked to me would have no reason to lie about JC, he was very complimentary. what gives with your comment?

Jacob is a sophmore and I assure you he is 7'3" tall! They also have 6'6-7" soph. two 6'5" junior's, a 6'4-5" freshman. All can play, but all have work to do to get there. The point gaurd is also a freshman. It will be an interesting year, and DJ your right you told everyone so.

I actually saw this coming as well. I would say that in less than five years, half of most private schools rosters will be foreign students. The public schools, especially inner city schools will regain the luster it once had. The problem is, fewer American born students will be playing Division I basketball.

It was not an attitude if you took it that way I apologize. Yes, I do. No he's played many games, Yes, he (the ref) has alway's been complimentary, and he recomended JC to me originally, I have only seen him @ one game and those players were not there that night. If he has been at others then I am wrong. All the one's you mentioned will be very fine players, along with all the one's you did'nt, that was my only point.

TS, I don't think that's all together true, how many foreign born players of caliber are there? I think as a rule you will have a few sprinkled in as you have had for some number of years now anyway. Truely though, I think that our own kids need to be developed fundamentally by qualified coaches or we may fall behind.

wt understood, I did check back with my firiend and he had seen the team 4 times this summer. The reason I didn't mention everyone is that these were the ones that stuck out most to him. He did state that he believes that they will win the B league. Pretty good stuff, best of luck to your son and the whole JC program. Let's hope it is a positive situation for all.

Thank's, I have tried to stay away from the fray, so to speak, on the site about JC. There has been alot of misinformation that has been floated, did'nt mean to get flustered.

WT / Hoopinsider : Once again, are these sophmores and juniors you refer to new to JC or returning players? I am assuming they must be new since they are getting such raves reviews. Did Martin bring alot of transfer students in as well as freshman in order to improve right away. Unless he is some kind of miracle worker and has turned very poor Varsity and mediocore JV players from last year into a Conference winner over 1 summer.

I don't know about the conference winner part, but I'll speak to some of the things that are fact's; the junior's are returning players, there are four transfering soph's, and then the freshman they have brought in.

Outsider,

JC has 2 returning Juniors, the twin towers, who could start for any team in the county this season.

Do you agree wt?

I was at the Dome this summer and must say the JC team that played in the first couple of games improved over time. I dont know what JC's record was last year ( if I remember correctly it was'nt that good ) but I believe this years will be much better. As the summer went on you could see the confidence level increase. The team can play and did. I wish you all a wonderful season. Play hard guy's .

I do agree Elevation Stan and ryan could start or play a significant role on any team in the county.

Outsider: The fall development league will be hosted at CMW and will begin on Sunday, Sept. 11th and run thru Nov.6th. The front gym will host Varsity games and the back will host JV. Games will take place sometime between noon and 5:00pm. Thus far confirmed teams are CMW, Edgewood, Hereford, Harford Tech. Others are still responding.

Once again after a great start my Birds have let me down, need to get a quick fix of HCBB info. Looks like the board has been quiet, school is back in and only a couple of months until tryouts. Any news a breakin at any of the local schools?

WT as of today here is what we have for the fall league

Varsity: Edgewood, CMW, Hereford, KennerDale, Fallston, Sophmore MD Elite team Junior Varsity: Edgewood, CMW, Hereford, Fallston, 8th grade MD Elite team Still waiting to hear from North Harford, they think they will be in but am waiting on confirmation. John Carroll and Bel Air have said no as well as Harford Tech. I will post the schedules once they are complete for everyone.