Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustangDad

The New Harford County Basketball Thread

4,292 posts in this topic

Are you sure they have a Fallston team in there. All the kids are playing Fall sports and we had not heard a thing about it. (Maybe we were not invited?) It would be a tough committment with soccer and football.

Sunday schedule for those interested in some basketball:

CMW Front gym Varsity

12:30pm Fallston vs MD Elite

Sorry about that 1:40pm Edgewood vs Hereford

2:50pm CMW K Dale

JV Back gym 12:30pm CMW vs CMW

1:40pm Fallston vs MD Elite

2:50pm Edgewood vs Hereford

Hoopinsider, Can you clarify what MD Elite teams are playing? I would be interested in your assessment of what goes on Sunday ( if you are there).

BBall it is my understanding that the current 8th grade MD Elite is playing in the JV league and the current 10th grade Md Elite is playing in the V league. Will let you know Monday how it goes

Hey guys.

I am back from my second "vacation".

From what I see it looks like JC just has the 2 towers anymore. I think they went ahead and bought the whole village.

hoopinsider.......lots of Juniors on that Mdelite 10th grade team. Maybe that was from when they formed. Elevation,translate, please.

Hey guys.

I am back from my second "vacation".

From what I see it looks like JC just has the 2 towers anymore. I think they went ahead and bought the whole village.

If JC has an entire village, would that make you the village idiot? Just kidding ellevation. The only issue that I have with the village is that you only play 5 kids at a time. Will there be enough playing time to make everyone happy?

Recdad, I don't know what juniors played this past weekend. It all depends on your birthday. If you have a birthday that is after Sept 1, you can basically play down in grade.

Don't know a thing about MDelite, so it is a birthday thing. It seemed like a grade thing the way hoopinsider described it. Did not see much out there besides the Mdelite vs Fallston game. That was OK. Is there a lot of talent or any dominant teams?

Don't know a thing about MDelite, so it is a birthday thing. It seemed like a grade thing the way hoopinsider described it. Did not see much out there besides the Mdelite vs Fallston game. That was OK. Is there a lot of talent or any dominant teams?

The way AAU/ MD Elite works is a combination of grade and age. For example, the 9th grade 15 under division is composed of mostly 9th graders. However, if you are in the 10th grade and you turn 16 after Sept 1, you can basically play down on the 9th grade team. This is usually good for your program but I am not so sure how good it is for the kids. Just my opinion. In addition, AAU allows grade exceptions for kids that have been left back or repeated a grade. In some aau venues, that the majority of the kids on say the 10th grade team are not true 10th graders. I am not saying that MD Elite does this but it is one the problems that I see with AAU

If JC has an entire village, would that make you the village idiot? Just kidding ellevation. The only issue that I have with the village is that you only play 5 kids at a time. Will there be enough playing time to make everyone happy?

Recdad, I don't know what juniors played this past weekend. It all depends on your birthday. If you have a birthday that is after Sept 1, you can basically play down in grade.

I think I am the member of the village who sweeps up the sidewalk.

How are things going to be up at NH this year?

I was thinking to myself quite an achievement in itself) who is going to be playing center for them this season?

Rigdon graduated, Armstrong is more of a 3-4, and Josh W isn't there anymore.

Any thoughts?

Regarding the MD Elite teams, I only went on what I was told. Terry M told me that he was bringing in the current 8th grade team to play "UP in a JV league and a 10th grade team to play "UP" in the Varsity league. The Elite teams have an advantage becasue they have recently played together and that is why we would let them play up but we do not want the soph's as an example playing with the V league. Hope that helps.

is ramero his last name or first?

is ramero his last name or first?

His name is Ramiro Ramos... had a good AAU season playing 17U with HLD together with some of his Edgewood teammates... he is definitely one of the players to watch next year in Harco basketball...

coming soon... MD's pre-season predictions...

I posted my pre-season predictions awhile ago, but I think they all got deleted. I know you all are just dying to see them again so I'll repost them as soon as I remember what I said.

Oh yeah I know of Ramos. For some reason the first name didnt click for me at the moment.

It is obvious that some of you are in the know for local bball. My question is regarding schedules, I would like to see some games of all the different schools, is there a web site that will post the entire high school scheudule for the local area? Thanks for you help

You should be able to find the schedules on hcps.org but I dont think all the schedules are out yet. I know the big out of conference matchup for Fallston this year will be an away trip to St Frances which should be quite an experience for them. I know Coach Jerg was attempting to get another BCL on the sched but I don't know if it worked out.

I know I ask this everytime but any recruiting news?? Any players getting recruited by any MAC Commonwealth schools?

fallston,

I know that Randolph Macon and Catholic U have contacted some of the JC Juniors.

Well this is another year of basketball season this winter and im so excited to watch Aberdeen play. We have kids from JV coming up along with the strong varisty team members that were juniors last year. This year i have NO doubt that Aberdeen is going to give everyone a run for their money again. I've read some of the comments you all have made about Aberdeen the last couple of months well for all of you i wouldnt say anything else until you see these boys play ball. Branch is going to shock some people this year along with the other members of the team. I dont know why you all are so interested about how a ex-coach from Aberdeen coaches somewhere else but, oh well just shows you have nothing better to do then sit at your computer and try to get at the best team out there but i dont mind because this season aberdeen is going to blow you out of the water