Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5four321

"The Football Factory"

152 posts in this topic

Over 30 D-1 coaches have attended DeMATHA Football Workouts in the last two weeks to recruit DM players....including coaches from Florida, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Ohio State. Many DM players have been offered on the spot, and Michigan State offered 3 players alone including: KENDALL PATTERSON - EX GILMAN PLAYER. More coaches will attend "The Football Factory" Workouts over the next 2 weeks.

Just when you think DeMatha has finally run it's curse they come back with even more D-1 recruits it's amazing what they're doing. They're doing something that very few programs in the country are doing. I'm not a big DeMatha fan but I give credit when credit is do. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Just when you think DeMatha has finally run it's curse they come back with even more D-1 recruits it's amazing what they're doing. They're doing something that very few programs in the country are doing. I'm not a big DeMatha fan but I give credit when credit is do. Keep up the good work!!!!!

They probably have 20 D1 players on their team this year. That being said, still think Gilman will have something for them this year.

Makes you wonder why they ever lose.

Very very true! They should never lose to any team in the state outside of Good Counsel.

That is good to hear. Cool to hear the big name colleges are looking at MD kids.

Posted · Hidden

Wow..you compare that to Baltimore county which in some seasons may not produce a single D1 recruit for over 20 teams.

Very very true! They should never lose to any team in the state outside of Good Counsel.

It's a good thing that kids in other schools don't buy this and it fact believe that they can and do beat the likes of the DeMatha's and Good Counsel.

It's a good thing that kids in other schools don't buy this and it fact believe that they can and do beat the likes of the DeMatha's and Good Counsel.

Actually Good Counsel's program is pretty new when you talk about it as a powerhouse and Gilman is basically the only team that has beaten Dematha on a consistent basis in the state. So basically they haven't lost in state very much.

Actually Good Counsel's program is pretty new when you talk about it as a powerhouse and Gilman is basically the only team that has beaten Dematha on a consistent basis in the state. So basically they haven't lost in state very much.

Okay and I'm not sure about this but would it also be safe to say that DeMatha only plays one or two games a year outside of its league a season -- two tune up games -- and after that just beat up on the teams in their league with a championship decided in several games less than the public league? If that's the case, its hard for at least me to use the term powerhouse, especially when I think of Don Bosco and St.Xavier. Am I way off base with my thinking?

Over 30 D-1 coaches have attended DeMATHA Football Workouts in the last two weeks to recruit DM players....including coaches from Florida, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Ohio State. Many DM players have been offered on the spot, and Michigan State offered 3 players alone including: KENDALL PATTERSON - EX GILMAN PLAYER. More coaches will attend "The Football Factory" Workouts over the next 2 weeks.

Funny how they all made it up to Damascus to see one player in the last two weeks, Brandon Phelps. In 2 months he's up to 21 major D1 offers, just last week Notre Dame, Alabama and UCLA offered.

Okay and I'm not sure about this but would it also be safe to say that DeMatha only plays one or two games a year outside of its league a season -- two tune up games -- and after that just beat up on the teams in their league with a championship decided in several games less than the public league? If that's the case, its hard for at least me to use the term powerhouse, especially when I think of Don Bosco and St.Xavier. Am I way off base with my thinking?

They play at least 3 games out of conference. They are not a Powerhouse in the terms of St. Xavier or Don Bosco as far as rankings and St. Xavier beat them easily a few years ago. That being said, in terms of sending kids to BCS schools they are just as much a powerhouse. I mean they will have about 20 kids with D1 offers this year. How many schools in the Northeast can say that? I don't think Don Bosco had that last year and they were #1 in the Country.

They play at least 3 games out of conference. They are not a Powerhouse in the terms of St. Xavier or Don Bosco as far as rankings and St. Xavier beat them easily a few years ago. That being said, in terms of sending kids to BCS schools they are just as much a powerhouse. I mean they will have about 20 kids with D1 offers this year. How many schools in the Northeast can say that? I don't think Don Bosco had that last year and they were #1 in the Country.

What you say makes sense especially after I just looked this up:

September 21, 2009

DeMatha reigns with most NFL players

When it comes to turning out professional football players, DeMatha is No. 1 in the country, according to USA Football. The Stags, ranked No. 1 every week this season in MdVarsity.com's state media football poll, have seven alumni currently playing in the NFL – two more than a handful of other teams including Eleanor Roosevelt, which has five, according to USA Football statistics released today. The numbers were based on NFL kickoff weekend rosters, which included 1,695 players from schools in 48 states, Washington, D.C., American Samoa and five foreign countries.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/highschool/varsityletters/2009/09/dematha_reigns_with_most_nfl_players.html

McGregor is behind the DeMatha showcase, he has the ability to contact these Coaches and they come out year after year around review time to see his kids. That’s what 30+ years at a top flight program can do for you. Team that up with Tom Lemming being in the house and you have one powerful event. Tom is a very good friend of McGreagor. This is a yearly ritual for DeMatha.

Good Counsel has only been good since Bob Malloy took over the rains 9 years ago or so. Before that they were in the basement of the WCAC. Bob built that program to what it is today.

I knew many of these Coaches were coming and heading to DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gilman, and some to see the Damascus kid. But I did not know Washington, Utah, BYU and almost the whole PAC-10 was coming. If you have not attended one of these sessions, they are open on Mondays at Dematha. Recently they have been held in the old gym. Kids just running drills for two hours, a sight to see.

Interesting note about the rise of Good Counsel. The right hand man of Bob Milloy is Thomas Crowell, who is the head coach of Sprinbrook Basketball.... 3 straight 4A titles. He was also Milloy's assistant at Sherwood and Sprinbrook Football. So he is quite the coach, and those guys have a ton of titles.

McGregor is behind the DeMatha showcase, he has the ability to contact these Coaches and they come out year after year around review time to see his kids. That’s what 30+ years at a top flight program can do for you. Team that up with Tom Lemming being in the house and you have one powerful event. Tom is a very good friend of McGreagor. This is a yearly ritual for DeMatha.

Good Counsel has only been good since Bob Malloy took over the rains 9 years ago or so. Before that they were in the basement of the WCAC. Bob built that program to what it is today.

I knew many of these Coaches were coming and heading to DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gilman, and some to see the Damascus kid. But I did not know Washington, Utah, BYU and almost the whole PAC-10 was coming. If you have not attended one of these sessions, they are open on Mondays at Dematha. Recently they have been held in the old gym. Kids just running drills for two hours, a sight to see.

If the truth is to be told, all these schools did not come just to Dematha and one or two other places to look over players. I'm hearing that they made stops all over the place with a lot of schools visited by a lot of recruiters. Maryland should be gravely concerned. Even the area Towson U recruiters were out doing their due diligence after having a big open house a month ago.

What you say makes sense especially after I just looked this up:

September 21, 2009

DeMatha reigns with most NFL players

When it comes to turning out professional football players, DeMatha is No. 1 in the country, according to USA Football. The Stags, ranked No. 1 every week this season in MdVarsity.com's state media football poll, have seven alumni currently playing in the NFL – two more than a handful of other teams including Eleanor Roosevelt, which has five, according to USA Football statistics released today. The numbers were based on NFL kickoff weekend rosters, which included 1,695 players from schools in 48 states, Washington, D.C., American Samoa and five foreign countries.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/highschool/varsityletters/2009/09/dematha_reigns_with_most_nfl_players.html

Funny thing is 4 of the 5 at Eleanor Roosevelt played on the same team in 2003.

Funny thing is 4 of the 5 at Eleanor Roosevelt played on the same team in 2003.

Did they go into ER as Freshman?

For every kid at DeMatha who receives a D-1 offer there are 2 or 3 good high school football players who wasted their glory days commuting to Hyattsville to sit on the bench at the "Football Factory".

for every kid at the at dematha who receives a d-1 offer there are 2 or 3 good high school football players who wasted their glory days commuting to hyattsville to sit on the bench at the "football factory".

ouch....

For every kid at the at DeMatha who receives a D-1 offer there are 2 or 3 good high school football players who wasted their glory days commuting to Hyattsville to sit on the bench at the "Football Factory".

That's how GC has snuck up them, they have kids that want to play, not sit on Dematha's bench

G.C did not "sneak up" they bucked up. They are spending more money buying athletes than any school in Maryland. BTW I heard a rumor that Bob Milloy is retiring at the end of the 2010 season. Can anyone verify this?

The real question is who takes over? We all should know they're at the top because of someone's DEEP DEEP DEEP pockets. Question is are they deep enough to move him into the drivers seat?