Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5four321

"The Football Factory"

152 posts in this topic

G.C did not "sneak up" they bucked up. They are spending more money buying athletes than any school in Maryland. BTW I heard a rumor that Bob Milloy is retiring at the end of the 2010 season. Can anyone verify this?

They are definitely doing a GREAT job getting the Bmore area kids there!

DeMatha has a new offensive line Coach to replace the one that left the program. Jim Esposito is his name, and he is holding a Lineman Camp in Bowie from what I am reading. So is this a pay to play at DeMatha like the Football factory for DeMatha QB's? I know a lot of parents are questioning this development, since the QB factory caused so many problems with the program lately.

Over 30 D-1 coaches have attended DeMATHA Football Workouts in the last two weeks to recruit DM players....including coaches from Florida, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Ohio State. Many DM players have been offered on the spot, and Michigan State offered 3 players alone including: KENDALL PATTERSON - EX GILMAN PLAYER. More coaches will attend "The Football Factory" Workouts over the next 2 weeks.

Dematha is holding organized team workouts? Is that whithin the rules or did all these coaches just show up to watch the kids lift weights which is the only thing they can be doing as a team if I'm not mistaken.

They are definitely doing a GREAT job getting the Bmore area kids there!

The vast majority of the kids still come from Montco, but with their location they are also drawing from Frederick, Howard, PG and I guess B'more.

The vast majority of the kids still come from Montco, but with their location they are also drawing from Frederick, Howard, PG and I guess B'more.

They have like 6 or 7 Bmore area kids on the team now. Speaking of 1, Kyle Fuller's little brother Kendall was a freshman on varsity at GC and this kid looks like he is going to be better than Kyle already(can't say Vincent because he's in the league). He is already a better athlete! He has been going head to head with Kyle this year in track and has beaten him multiple times and is only a frosh. How did MSJ lose out on him?

Greyhound I only seen the Freshman is a little film during the year as I was analyzing GC, and every time the kid looked lost out there. The McNamara game was the most telling. Kids maybe fast on the track, but that does not always translate into football skills. Fast does not mean you can be a great DB and cover and be a ball hawk. That beings said, I know his brother is going to VA. Tech. but on the football field I would suspect the big bro can hold his own, because on the football field the little brother has a ways to go. He would have benefited greatly by being on JV or Freshman and competing vs. sitting on the bench on Varsity. Well at least he got a championship.

The real question is who takes over? We all should know they're at the top because of someone's DEEP DEEP DEEP pockets. Question is are they deep enough to move him into the drivers seat?

Like Bobby Knight and Lefty, Milloy has a son on the coaching staff?

Greyhound I only seen the Freshman is a little film during the year as I was analyzing GC, and every time the kid looked lost out there. The McNamara game was the most telling. Kids maybe fast on the track, but that does not always translate into football skills. Fast does not mean you can be a great DB and cover and be a ball hawk. That beings said, I know his brother is going to VA. Tech. but on the football field I would suspect the big bro can hold his own, because on the football field the little brother has a ways to go. He would have benefited greatly by being on JV or Freshman and competing vs. sitting on the bench on Varsity. Well at least he got a championship.

Well I agree with you on that but as an athlete he is already as good as his brother. And as a freshman thats saying a lot since his brother is a hell of an athlete. Now mind you, he was only 1 of 2 freshmen on GC Varisty and they had a kid on their JV who was a freshman that Maryland already offered a scholly to! So to me that is saying something about his talent.

They have like 6 or 7 Bmore area kids on the team now. Speaking of 1, Kyle Fuller's little brother Kendall was a freshman on varsity at GC and this kid looks like he is going to be better than Kyle already(can't say Vincent because he's in the league). He is already a better athlete! He has been going head to head with Kyle this year in track and has beaten him multiple times and is only a frosh. How did MSJ lose out on him?

2009 Roster has 4 TBD's, I assume they are B'more guys. They have that many that could be attending Damascus, just as many that could be playing at Seneca Valley. Croce could be attending Linganore. Those programs continue to be succesfull. Everybody loses some players to the Privates.

The PAC10, BIG10, BIG12, SEC, ACC, and the WAC (Hawaii) invaded DeMATHA on Wednesday. Today again more than 19 coaches mostly D-1 schools show up at the "Football Factory" workouts!

2009 Roster has 4 TBD's, I assume they are B'more guys. They have that many that could be attending Damascus, just as many that could be playing at Seneca Valley. Croce could be attending Linganore. Those programs continue to be succesfull. Everybody loses some players to the Privates.

I don't actually care about any of it! For me it means ZERO! I am a Gilman guy and NONE of it matters to me! We lost a GREAT player, one of the best players in the state Blake Countess to GC but guess what, we don't care! We respect the hell out of them but they know that they have to bring their A game when they Gilly Tech!

They actually had 6 Baltimore kids on their varsity last season, 3 on the JV and 2 on the freshman team that I know about. Like someone else mentioned, is Mr. Dancel going to keep digging into his pockets after Zach(2011) and his younger (and much larger) brother Tony (2012) graduate from OLGC?

Guy's I don't know why you are so hyped up on the Baltimore Kids on GC's Roster. Outside of Countess who spent a lot of time on the bench last year, and did not start until late in the season due injuries, and other issues with other players, none of those kids will see major time this year. Let alone start.

This is the probable outcome of summer practice. The offensive line is solid no one is breaking into that line up. The backs are solid with Brown, and Jefferson. The wide outs, Countess and Diggs. That is the "O" line up. When they go to a three (3) receiver set I would move Wes to receiver in some cases, and move the freshman running back in the backfield. They had a kid on the Freshman team #23 that will see time before fuller so that's how I see it. #23 just needs to become a more physical reciever, and agressive towards the ball and he is the third recieve if they do not slide Wes.

No B-More kids again outside of Countess will start on D either, so why all the hype about these Baltimore kids that are not contributing.

I disagree, I have a good source says fuller starts at wide out in 10

i highly doubt fuller will start, if any where it will be defense. i have good sources too. and the jv only had 1 bmore kid

The PAC10, BIG10, BIG12, SEC, ACC, and the WAC (Hawaii) invaded DeMATHA on Wednesday. Today again more than 19 coaches mostly D-1 schools show up at the "Football Factory" workouts!

It's not just DeMatha. It must be that time of the year for heavy recruiting because Pennsylvania, Boston College, Old Diminion, West Virginia, Delaware or Delaware State and others were spotted eleswhere in Maryland.

Guy's I dont know who your sources are but Fuller will not start on Defense. If he does, he will not be out there for long. Keep trying to tell people that speed does not make you a better cover guy, or a ball hawk. There are far more other kids on that roster that can fill those 3-4 spots depending on the scheme. Sorry no B-More kids lead in the front runners other than Countess.

Diggs and Countess are two corners, Wes, or Mike Nicastro for Safety, in a four player nickle they both can play, if not then other kids not mentioned would be a better fit. He may make the rotation, but will not be a starter, and GC does not rotate the D-backs much.

Dematha is holding organized team workouts? Is that whithin the rules or did all these coaches just show up to watch the kids lift weights which is the only thing they can be doing as a team if I'm not mistaken.

According to the NCAA football rules coaches are allowed to evaluate kids in April and May. DeMATHA workouts end next week.

There is a difference from great powerhouse teams like St.Xavier and Don Bosco then having great individual D-1 potential players like DeMatha

There is a difference from great powerhouse teams like St.Xavier and Don Bosco then having great individual D-1 potential players like DeMatha

Then explain the difference.

Please explain!

I wouldn't say potential, they have a hell of a lot of D1 talent, nothing potential about it. I do agree with you though, the difference is coaching and the chemistry of the team. But don't be mistaken, St. Xavier has GREAT D1 talent! Don Bosco might have the best coaches in the country!

The best talent. The best preparation. The best program. DeMATHA.

The best talent. The best preparation. The best program. DeMATHA.

Best talent yes, best program yes (can't argue with all the w's), but best preparation is a loose statement. there are a lot of great coaching staffs in MD that prepare and coach their tails off. I would argue a team like Calvert Hall or Eastern Tech have to prepare even harder because they don't have a D1 kid at ever position. They put their kids in a great postion to win.

The difference is you could have a team full of great individuals and D-1 players but at the end of the day it is great teams a team of individuals coming together to form a great team not saying that DeMatha doesn't play together as a team but tht's the difference