Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5four321

"The Football Factory"

152 posts in this topic

There is a difference from great powerhouse teams like St.Xavier and Don Bosco then having great individual D-1 potential players like DeMatha

DM is a powerhouse team, they won 6 WCAC championships. Yes it's true DM had a hiccup last year losing to Good Counsel in the championship game. But this year and in the near future these STAGS have reloaded to such a level with talent and off season conditioning it's scary. Loyola Dons will be the first victim. They will play and witness greatness. MIAA football fans brace yourself. Soon you will see and understand why DM football has The best talent. The best preparation. The best program.

Gilman is a Team that belongs in the WCAC. Their coaches get it. COMPETING and playing COMPETITION!

Many of the people who talk about Don Basco and X, do not know anything about these programs but the name. These schools suit up over 100 players on the varsity level. This is not bringing kids up from JV or Freshman, this is there full varsity rosters. It is easy to get talent with a pool like that to draw from. DeMatha suites up a lot but some are from the JV ranks that just suit up for the game to make them look imposing. I'm sure that if any team in MD no matter what the league if they could suit up and have over 100 kids they could stay competitive on any level as well. You could always find someone to fill that small hole that you have.

Out of that 100 man roster they send less than 20 a year to the College level. Now take that percentage and match it to other schools with smaller rosters like Linganore or other schools and you will see that they do just as well. So research before you talk on an issue.

Many of the people who talk about Don Basco and X, do not know anything about these programs but the name. These schools suit up over 100 players on the varsity level. This is not bringing kids up from JV or Freshman, this is there full varsity rosters. It is easy to get talent with a pool like that to draw from. DeMatha suites up a lot but some are from the JV ranks that just suit up for the game to make them look imposing. I'm sure that if any team in MD no matter what the league if they could suit up and have over 100 kids they could stay competitive on any level as well. You could always find someone to fill that small hole that you have.

Out of that 100 man roster they send less than 20 a year to the College level. Now take that percentage and match it to other schools with smaller rosters like Linganore or other schools and you will see that they do just as well. So research before you talk on an issue.

Don't fool yourself, Don B has a top flight high school football program and unlike what you say, others do know. Don B has been awarded the nation's #1 several times, four times I recall. To say Don B. sends less than 20 players on to college football is not correct. They'll send 24 the coming year.

mdmann, we were talking about D-1, not just playing in College over all so send me 24 names and schools for Don Basco. Only 24 total players off Basco's enormous roster will play at all on the next level, and just over half are D-1.

Curious as to why you’re putting down these schools. Dematha does the same thing as far as numbers. Basco has a smaller enrollment than dematha by about 100. So your telling me out of 900 boys roughly 300 hundred play football? I not sure what you do for a living and I'm no expert, but Dematha is no different. Take a look at some top public schools enrollment numbers, Jenks 2800, Butler NC 2500, Hoover 1800, Stone Bridge Va. 1700, Phoebus Va. 1400. Split those in half male/female and then how many male go out for football. These schools don't go and offer free rides and hand pick the cream of the crop. Good Counsel I think has an even smaller number of males than Dematha. At the rate they send kids to college and all the pub, they just don't seem to do well on the national stage.

6 kids committed to D1A schools and all were BCS schools. 4 kids committed to D1AA schools. That's pretty impressive any way you cut it.

6 kids committed to D1A schools and all were BCS schools. 4 kids committed to D1AA schools. That's pretty impressive any way you cut it.

It is pretty impressive but not when you compare it to some of the other schools that have been ranked in the Top 5 in the country. Dematha will have close to 20 players with BCS offers this year. That is more than twice what the #1 team in the country had last year. I think it shows that Bosco has some serious coaches over there.

well if you look on mdrivals they have 8 with offers and another 4 listed without. 20 will be a reach because 3 are small school offers.

well if you look on mdrivals they have 8 with offers and another 4 listed without. 20 will be a reach because 3 are small school offers.

Rivals is not always up to date on offers. I was told as of last week there were 14. Now 20 might be reaching but they will have high teens more than likely.

Curious as to why you’re putting down these schools. Dematha does the same thing as far as numbers. Basco has a smaller enrollment than dematha by about 100. So your telling me out of 900 boys roughly 300 hundred play football? I not sure what you do for a living and I'm no expert, but Dematha is no different. Take a look at some top public schools enrollment numbers, Jenks 2800, Butler NC 2500, Hoover 1800, Stone Bridge Va. 1700, Phoebus Va. 1400. Split those in half male/female and then how many male go out for football. These schools don't go and offer free rides and hand pick the cream of the crop. Good Counsel I think has an even smaller number of males than Dematha. At the rate they send kids to college and all the pub, they just don't seem to do well on the national stage.

Rightwing, I obviously read for a living as I see you do not. I am not putting these teams down. I'm saying that these programs are powerhouses with large rosters and if you compare their rosters and the kids that go on to play at the next level, the avg. of them vs. a smaller roster school is about the same. School size I am not looking at, I am looking at ROSTER size.

Never indicated a put down to any of these schools only looked at avg. vs. roster size and moving to the next level. The topic was on D-1.

As far as these schools are concerned, kids grow up wanting to wear their name on their chests. Does DeMatha recruit, yes? Do they just have to show up and say we are DeMatha and we are interested in your kid, yes? The same for Bosco and X. Kids want to wear those names. DeMatha gives out aid just like every other school in the WCAC. They can not offer scholarships like the MIAA.

As far as Good Counsel sending kids to college to play football, a number of publics out do GC on an annual basis. As far as a national stage they have just been reaching out to that level in the last three (3) years or so. They won their game against a NJ team in 2008, 2009 they beat a CA team, and in 2010 they are trying to beat an OHIO, and PA team. So they are just reaching out, and at this stage are doing very well from their out of conference record.

One thing these schools do have in common is great Coaching staffs.

Rightwing, I obviously read for a living as I see you do not. I am not putting these teams down. I'm saying that these programs are powerhouses with large rosters and if you compare their rosters and the kids that go on to play at the next level, the avg. of them vs. a smaller roster school is about the same. School size I am not looking at, I am looking at ROSTER size.

Never indicated a put down to any of these schools only looked at avg. vs. roster size and moving to the next level. The topic was on D-1.

As far as these schools are concerned, kids grow up wanting to wear their name on their chests. Does DeMatha recruit, yes? Do they just have to show up and say we are DeMatha and we are interested in your kid, yes? The same for Bosco and X. Kids want to wear those names. DeMatha gives out aid just like every other school in the WCAC. They can not offer scholarships like the MIAA.

As far as Good Counsel sending kids to college to play football, a number of publics out do GC on an annual basis. As far as a national stage they have just been reaching out to that level in the last three (3) years or so. They won their game against a NJ team in 2008, 2009 they beat a CA team, and in 2010 they are trying to beat an OHIO, and PA team. So they are just reaching out, and at this stage are doing very well from their out of conference record.

One thing these schools do have in common is great Coaching staffs.

Do not know about the other schools in the MIAA but Gilman DOES NOT give scholarships of ANY kind. Not academic nor athletic.

I think he was saying that, like the schools in the MIAA, DeMatha can't offer scholarships. I had to read it twice.

I think he was saying that, like the schools in the MIAA, DeMatha can't offer scholarships. I had to read it twice.

Damn I think you are right.

No I can read I just took it a different way by you saying no knows anything about these schools and the way they outfit there teams. I've seen just about every major powerhouse east the Miss. and a handful west over 20 yrs so I might know a little. Dematha is no different than any of them when is comes to numbers. Ya some schools may larger rosters but not by much.

mdmann, we were talking about D-1, not just playing in College over all so send me 24 names and schools for Don Basco. Only 24 total players off Basco's enormous roster will play at all on the next level, and just over half are D-1.

Fine but you didn't say D1, you said"...Out of that 100 man roster they send less than 20 a year to the College level...."

Do not know about the other schools in the MIAA but Gilman DOES NOT give scholarships of ANY kind. Not academic nor athletic.

I guess just financial aid, and we all know what that equates to.

Greyhound you are not suggesting that every student at Gilman is paying full boat are you?

Greyhound you are not suggesting that every student at Gilman is paying full boat are you?

Where would you get that? Majority of the students at Gilman get some financial aid, athlete or not!