Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5four321

"The Football Factory"

152 posts in this topic

Many rising DM seniors players have received scholarship offers within the last three weeks of football workouts for college coaches. Some players have never played a down in the varsity ranks! But the scholarships are flying in at a alarming rate, wow!

A lot of those scholarships are off of the DM name alone. You look at a lot of those players highlights and they are not overly impressive or dominating at all. I have heard it from a coaches mouth myself that most coaches throw out a scholarship or two to several players on a team in hopes of grabbing the "target one". We all know the big prize at DM is Cyrus. If a coach has to sacrifice 1 or 2 scholarships for players that may materialize into a contributing player to get the #1 tackle prospect in the nation then so be it. A coach can more easily justiy offering a player that turns out to be 2nd or 3rd string from a football hotbed like DM or GC or Don Bosco if it brings in the big prize.

A lot of those scholarships are off of the DM name alone. You look at a lot of those players highlights and they are not overly impressive or dominating at all. I have heard it from a coaches mouth myself that most coaches throw out a scholarship or two to several players on a team in hopes of grabbing the "target one". We all know the big prize at DM is Cyrus. If a coach has to sacrifice 1 or 2 scholarships for players that may materialize into a contributing player to get the #1 tackle prospect in the nation then so be it. A coach can more easily justiy offering a player that turns out to be 2nd or 3rd string from a football hotbed like DM or GC or Don Bosco if it brings in the big prize.

You speak some truth. DM had a DB named Jeff Knox they brought in from Pittsburgh who is returning to Pittsburgh via the U of Pittsburgh on a football scholarship. Knox only made the second team DBs in PG County by the Gazette but I think he was more sought after than all the other PG County DBs.

You speak some truth. DM had a DB named Jeff Knox they brought in from Pittsburgh who is returning to Pittsburgh via the U of Pittsburgh on a football scholarship. Knox only made the second team DBs in PG County by the Gazette but I think he was more sought after than all the other PG County DBs.

Yeah but this is different, Knox was a starter on Dematha. He is talking about kids who never played that are getting offers. These kids have yet to prove it on the field. This is the same reason I would rate Gilman and Good Counsel ahead of Dematha. Dematha could very well turn into the best team by years end but I just think they have too many question marks at the beginning of the year.

The only question mark should be is how many points will Gilman loose buy when they play the WCAC teams....21, 28, 35, or 42!

The only question mark should be is how many points will Gilman loose buy when they play the WCAC teams....21, 28, 35, or 42!

You talk the WCAC up like they are world beaters but just how did the WCAC teams do against non-WCAC teams in 2009. I'll start you off with the Douglass PG team wacking WCAC Paul VI 40 something to 0 with the PG team calling off the dogs very early. And didn't DM beat Bishop McNamara by a score of only 10 - 7 or something like that?

You talk the WCAC up like they are world beaters but just how did the WCAC teams do against non-WCAC teams in 2009. I'll start you off with the Douglass PG team wacking WCAC Paul VI 40 something to 0 with the PG team calling off the dogs very early. And didn't DM beat Bishop McNamara by a score of only 10 - 7 or something like that?

I only stated true facts that GC and DM will slaughter any DC, MD, or VA public school (different level of football: coaching and players). As far as Paul VI, they have a lot of work to do. Yes DM defeated Bishop McNamara...so what's your point? Remember DM went undefeated doing the regular season, however they did have a hiccup in the championship game against GC. If you are trying to put down DM: DM won 6 straight WCAC championships prior to losing last year. DM is very aware that they are a huge target, beating DM will make any coaches or players year and dream come true.

I only stated true facts that GC and DM will slaughter any DC, MD, or VA public school (different level of football: coaching and players). As far as Paul VI, they have a lot of work to do. Yes DM defeated Bishop McNamara...so what's your point? Remember DM went undefeated doing the regular season, however they did have a hiccup in the championship game against GC. If you are trying to put down DM: DM won 6 straight WCAC championships prior to losing last year. DM is very aware that they are a huge target, beating DM will make any coaches or players year and dream come true.

Only in maryland, there not even taken as serious out of state. Look at what has happened to them when they did travel out of state. Dematha is a maryland power, sometimes a regional power depending the year, but never will be known as a national threat. They never contend for national championships so get your head out your *** please.

You must know absolutely nothing about football. If Dematha or GC had to play lets say Linganore, QO, Seneca Valley, Urbana, Sherwood, Damascus, River Hill every year in the playoffs or on there schedule there records would be much different. In Va it would much different also maybe worse. You have the tide water area which is nothing but talent, and NVA were the schools carry over 3000 kids. Line up Phoebus, Highland Springs, Oscar Smith, Stone Bridge, Robinson, and Varina to name a few of the heavy hitters. I think GC played a split with one of NVA teams back in 04 05 when GC was ranked #1 in the metro area and they had the OLB that went to UGA.

You must know absolutely nothing about football. If Dematha or GC had to play lets say Linganore, QO, Seneca Valley, Urbana, Sherwood, Damascus, River Hill every year in the playoffs or on there schedule there records would be much different. In Va it would much different also maybe worse. You have the tide water area which is nothing but talent, and NVA were the schools carry over 3000 kids. Line up Phoebus, Highland Springs, Oscar Smith, Stone Bridge, Robinson, and Varina to name a few of the heavy hitters. I think GC played a split with one of NVA teams back in 04 05 when GC was ranked #1 in the metro area and they had the OLB that went to UGA.

The teams you ramble about are a Joke compared to DM.

If you want your kid to get a D-1 scholarship and they have good grades and character and don't mind competing with other DM kids, your child chances increase by 100% over any DC, MD, or VA public school getting a D-1 or D-2 scholarship. Why does this happen, because "The DeMATHA Catholic High School" is a major football factory with; The best talent. The best preparation. The best program. DeMATHA!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2009-09-21-nfl-rosters_N.htm

Obviously, DeMatha is a recognized national power in football.

Over the past 8 seasons, the Stags have finished in the USA Today nationwide Top 25 four times.

Only 6 teams in the entire country have finished in the Top 25 more often than DeMatha during that span.

I don't think anyone doubts they're a good or even great football program, but they feast on there division. The biggest comp. is GC and since 04 they are 11-6, if you add GOOD football teams to that since then St. X and Gilman there 3-3. I just think if you put them in with public power houses they come down to earth. With all that talent you think they would be playing at least on top team a year in the country outside of MD.

Obviously, DeMatha is a recognized national power in football.

Over the past 8 seasons, the Stags have finished in the USA Today nationwide Top 25 four times.

Only 6 teams in the entire country have finished in the Top 25 more often than DeMatha during that span.

Yeah you can not deny that Dematha is a National Power. They would have finished in the Top25 last year if they had not lost to Good Counsel in the final game of the year. Now that being said, of course schools like Phoebus and Oscar Smith can play with Dematha and hold their own. But year in year out I would still say Dematha wins the majority of the time even against those teams.

I don't think anyone doubts they're a good or even great football program, but they feast on there division. The biggest comp. is GC and since 04 they are 11-6, if you add GOOD football teams to that since then St. X and Gilman there 3-3. I just think if you put them in with public power houses they come down to earth. With all that talent you think they would be playing at least on top team a year in the country outside of MD.

How can Good Counsel and Dematha be 11-6 over 6 years? That means they played almost 3 times a year, thats not possible!

How can Good Counsel and Dematha be 11-6 over 6 years? That means they played almost 3 times a year, thats not possible!

Great football, but I guess they don't teach them math!

DM & GC play once in the regular season and almost always in the WCAC playoffs, but 11-6 doesn't add up any way you slice it.

The teams you ramble about are a Joke compared to DM.

If you want your kid to get a D-1 scholarship and they have good grades and character and don't mind competing with other DM kids, your child chances increase by 100% over any DC, MD, or VA public school getting a D-1 or D-2 scholarship. Why does this happen, because "The DeMATHA Catholic High School" is a major football factory with; The best talent. The best preparation. The best program. DeMATHA!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2009-09-21-nfl-rosters_N.htm

Joke? I got a joke for you. The "Football Factory" doesn't even have a football field?? Your locker is the trunk of your car?? I guess you're better off eating steroids rather than smoking crack around the corner. For the 20 guys that got D-1 scholarships it was worth the commute. The other 40 might have had more fun playing football for their local high school.

Trust me I hate Bill Mcgregor and Dematha but you have to give credit where credit is due. They are a football factory. I have coached hs football for 14 years in both private and public schools. If DM played the public schools on a regular basis 9 out of 10 times they would kill them. I coached against Arundel and Old Mill this year and they would not stand a chance. DM has to much size and speed. Old Mill lived off Furman. DM has 20 Josh Furmans. Am I saying a public school couldnt beat them? No, but majority of the time DM wins.

Joke? I got a joke for you. The "Football Factory" doesn't even have a football field?? Your locker is the trunk of your car?? I guess you're better off eating steroids rather than smoking crack around the corner. For the 20 guys that got D-1 scholarships it was worth the commute. The other 40 might have had more fun playing football for their local high school.

Oil can - the fact that they don't have great facilities and still have a great program speaks for itself...also to state that the kids options are 1) eating steriods or 2) smoking crack....is unfair and uncalled for...

Trust me I hate Bill Mcgregor and Dematha but you have to give credit where credit is due. They are a football factory. I have coached hs football for 14 years in both private and public schools. If DM played the public schools on a regular basis 9 out of 10 times they would kill them. I coached against Arundel and Old Mill this year and they would not stand a chance. DM has to much size and speed. Old Mill lived off Furman. DM has 20 Josh Furmans. Am I saying a public school couldnt beat them? No, but majority of the time DM wins.

Why does everybody keep doing that? They dont even have 1 Josh Furman. Are yall that clouded by the name and foget Dematha is yes a great team, but is far from invincible. Im not sure were everybody is getting this from because Dematha is not stacked as people make them seem. They had a coker, was the base of there offense, no Coker they dont win as much. They had no Josh Furman, No Adrian Coxson, Or Darius Jennings. Yall are getting caught up in the hype Dematha has players, but dont have more than 1 of the same top players out there. These 3 people, plus Coker were the top players in the state, Dematha has nobody that could replace these 4 if they played for them plain and simple. Have you'll even seen Dematha play before? They were stacked on DB's(All 4 went to BCS schools), and on the Oline especially. But i call it like i see it, there oline, may be bigger, but will not be better by a long ****.They graduate 4 of 5 starting olineman, with Cyrus stating left tackle, and most likely Kelby jonhson at right tackle. There line will be huge, but will be nowere near as physical as last year. Size gets you but so far, but you still have to be able to produce on the field. W

We all know that Dematha is the #1 PROGRAM in the state hands down, but this is insane to say the publics cant play with them. This past year, Suitland, Wise, Flowers, Old Mill, Arundal, FH, Dunbar, Liganore, Quince Orchard and Damascus could all compete with Dematha. Im not sure why you all believe that the privates are so much better than publics, when in all reality, the public schools send out more players D1 than privates do.

In the MIAA i can only name 6 people who went D1 out of there, but there superior to the publics? in the WCAC there are more, but still, if they were so much superior each team would send a good 3 or 4 maybe, instead of the average 1 or 2, and some schools NONE.

Why does everybody keep doing that? They dont even have 1 Josh Furman. Are yall that clouded by the name and foget Dematha is yes a great team, but is far from invincible. Im not sure were everybody is getting this from because Dematha is not stacked as people make them seem. They had a coker, was the base of there offense, no Coker they dont win as much. They had no Josh Furman, No Adrian Coxson, Or Darius Jennings. Yall are getting caught up in the hype Dematha has players, but dont have more than 1 of the same top players out there. These 3 people, plus Coker were the top players in the state, Dematha has nobody that could replace these 4 if they played for them plain and simple. Have you'll even seen Dematha play before? They were stacked on DB's(All 4 went to BCS schools), and on the Oline especially. But i call it like i see it, there oline, may be bigger, but will not be better by a long ****.They graduate 4 of 5 starting olineman, with Cyrus stating left tackle, and most likely Kelby jonhson at right tackle. There line will be huge, but will be nowere near as physical as last year. Size gets you but so far, but you still have to be able to produce on the field. W

We all know that Dematha is the #1 PROGRAM in the state hands down, but this is insane to say the publics cant play with them. This past year, Suitland, Wise, Flowers, Old Mill, Arundal, FH, Dunbar, Liganore, Quince Orchard and Damascus could all compete with Dematha. Im not sure why you all believe that the privates are so much better than publics, when in all reality, the public schools send out more players D1 than privates do.

In the MIAA i can only name 6 people who went D1 out of there, but there superior to the publics? in the WCAC there are more, but still, if they were so much superior each team would send a good 3 or 4 maybe, instead of the average 1 or 2, and some schools NONE.

Funny they dont have 1 Josh Furman but they are gonna have 20 D-1 signees. Like I said I coached against Arundel and Old Mill and NO, they would not have competed with them. Dematha had a O line that averaged probably well over 285. Those schools would have been worn out in the 1st quarter from being man handled. If you read all the way through I did say some schools would beat them but the majority of the time DM would win. I am not a DM fan by any means but I have coached hs ball for a long time and seen many schools and public could not compete year in and year out with them.

Funny they dont have 1 Josh Furman but they are gonna have 20 D-1 signees. Like I said I coached against Arundel and Old Mill and NO, they would not have competed with them. Dematha had a O line that averaged probably well over 285. Those schools would have been worn out in the 1st quarter from being man handled. If you read all the way through I did say some schools would beat them but the majority of the time DM would win. I am not a DM fan by any means but I have coached hs ball for a long time and seen many schools and public could not compete year in and year out with them.

Dude they have 9 players with D1 offers, not all are BCS, just D1 meaning 1A & 1AA. Were are you getting 20 from? Thats off by a big shot. They will have a good 15 probaly, but thats Dematha, Coach Mcgregor is a recruiting genius, and trust me, some of those players arent D1 caliber, but will get offers, to real in thier main attraction. Do you know out of those transfers, only 2 1/2 started? They will get offers because of the school name, this is not hate but is fact. Dematha will get you an offer from somewere and thats just how it is, if you actually watch there highlights you will be in shock, those players, NEVER touched the field against GC nor Mcnamara. They were not good enough and could not be depended on when the game is on the line. Are they trash? No, but they are not god given athletes that will shock you, none of them. The only two players ho are proven on the field are Cyrus and Darian copper. And even cyrus had an average year, but you will tell me im wrong because he is in the running for top 5 player in the country, this is just fact, if you can, go watch the game against GC in both games, he gave up the game winning sack in the championsip, and was over matched throughout both games, now this is no knock on him because he will be in the NFL in 4 years, but these kids arent the best thing since sliced bread. Darian and Cyrus are the only two who made an impact this year, the rest are jus going off highlights when in the game up 40-0 or something, nothing they had any contribution to. Thats a fact. Saying Dematha would destroy these publics is insane. In 08 I saw Dunbar play with Dematha in a controlled scrimmage, yes it is a scrimmage, but was in game like scenario. I dont care what yall ahve to say, this was taken serious, just like all the Dunbar ematha scrimmages have been taken serious, and Dematha is very very beatable, each year they have a major weakness to them. Last year it was there passing game, this year is going to be them stopping the run. They will have patterson and Copper clogging the middle with 2 studs at OLB, but will be very weak in the middle at ILB and on the secondary as well.

To say publics could not compete with DeMatha is ridiculus. Who do you think ( talent wise ) compete with DeMatha year in and year out! DeMatha has made a name for itself beating up on teams like Gonzaga, Carroll, Paul VI, Bishop McNamara, etc. These are teams the publics would be very competitive against and if they compete with DeMatha then so can the publics. 285-lbs Tarzan look alikes who play like Jane as someone said is nothing. Yes DeMatha can bring in players. Someone here mentioned that DeMatha had DBs it brought in from PA who only managed to be named SECOND team ALL-COUNTY in PG. But it's a fact that second team DeMatha player got a D1 deal while those named with him on the second team or even the first team did not get D1 offers or as many. It's something beyond pure football talent although you think DeMatha has all the talent.