Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan202

AACO Football 2010

1,232 posts in this topic

My pre season top 5

Broadneck- 90% of defense is coming back who defeated state champs OM

Old mill- with Brown coming in they are in contention again

Southern -they have the top two athletes in the county

Arundel they- reload every year

North county and South River- toss up

I believe Meade will be in the mix this year. They have two potential D1-D1AA players also. Gabe Cox(MLB), Keron Costen(DB/ATH).

My pre season top 5

Broadneck- 90% of defense is coming back who defeated state champs OM

Old mill- with Brown coming in they are in contention again

Southern -they have the top two athletes in the county

Arundel they- reload every year

North county and South River- toss up

Can't argue with your list, not sure Southern will be better than NC and Arundel, but we'll see. Broadneck may have a couple really talented new comers that could make them even stronger. Watch out for NC running back Antoine Drummond, I think he is about to break out big time.

I got North County going far this year. Better then Southern. And surely better then South River. North County should of beaten South River. Drummond wasn't in that game. so their wasn't a running attack

I'm hoping for my Gophers to make a big improvement. New coach and hopefully a new attitude. The county will be what is always is Broadneck, Arundel & Old Mill at the top and another team, take your pick, filling out the top 4. There will only be 3 4a playoff teams from AA county again with North Point in the east.

Southern will make a lot of noise in the 2a if they can get in the playoffs. They were better than both 2a teams in the state champ game but have to play all 4a teams in AA county and didn't get in.

Anyone know the scrimmage schedule yet?

Arundel has the same tough start to the season that they had last year playing om and bn in the first 3 games. I can see them l leaning heavily on Joe Blackwell until their passing game can get it;s footing. I would be very surprised to see a team go undefeated this year in the regular season. It doesn;t look like there are too many gimmes on the schedule.

Lost alot of seniors once again but it;s the next guy up and I think that those guys will impress.

Arundel has the same tough start to the season that they had last year playing om and bn in the first 3 games. I can see them l leaning heavily on Joe Blackwell until their passing game can get it;s footing. I would be very surprised to see a team go undefeated this year in the regular season. It doesn;t look like there are too many gimmes on the schedule.

Lost alot of seniors once again but it;s the next guy up and I think that those guys will impress.

Your right there is no way anyone should go undefeated this yr. this is the most balanced i seen the county in awhile

Looks like NC wants to play tough pre-season games to get ready for a play-off run. Is Arundel holding their 4 way again with River Hill, QO, & Paint Branch? I have gone to that the past 2 years and it is great to see all play-off teams getting together.

Same scrimmage schedule from last year. They got Pat Downey coming back as quarterback. he won states in wrestling for 171. He is physical and can play. they got their wide out coming back for his senior year. Drummond as running back. Losing Pat Carey will be a minus.

I forgot to post my top 5.

1.Arundel

2.Old Mill

3.North County

4.Broadneck

5.Southern

Sleeper-Glen Burnie

Same scrimmage schedule from last year. They got Pat Downey coming back as quarterback. he won states in wrestling for 171. He is physical and can play. they got their wide out coming back for his senior year. Drummond as running back. Losing Pat Carey will be a minus.

Their QB play wasn't very good at all last year. Being a stud wrestler doesn't mean you can play QB. Drummond can play but do they have the bodies up front?

I'll come out and say he will be better this year. Better wide out corp this year . They got 3 coming back. 2 that are graduating.

Posted · Hidden

I heard Downey may transfer because of wrestling. Also who made the Super 22 team from Anne Arundel county.

Preseason top 5 players:

1.Burke-RB Southern

2.Brown-RB Old Mill

3.Drummond-RB North County

4.Blackwell

5.Washington-WR Arundel

I heard Downey may transfer because of wrestling. Also who made the Super 22 team from Anne Arundel county.

Preseason top 5 offensive players:

1.Burke-RB Southern

2.Brown-RB Old Mill

4.Blackwell-RB Arundel

5.Washington-WR Arundel

Preseason top 5 offensive players:

1.Burke-RB Southern

2.Brown-RB Old Mill

4.Blackwell-RB Arundel

5.Washington-WR Arundel

Do we know where the Gibbons QB is gonna end up (lives in NC zone)? Never heard that rumor (Downey, he's already been at 3 schools) but that kid was basically thrust into that position last year anyway and did a solid job. He could make a good LB if another QB comes along..

:( Yes the Cardinal gibbon quarterback is going to curley next year. it was between north county and curley. apparently he thought curley would be better for college for him

1.Arundel

2.Old Mill

3.North County

4.Broadneck

5.Southern

Sleeper-Glen Burnie

Am I reading this correct? Somebody is putting Glen Burnie in front of Annapolis. The new coach at Glen Burnie will get the job done eventually, but to have a better record than Annapolis in his first year is absurd.

This will be bulletin board material all summer long. Thanks.

Am I reading this correct? Somebody is putting Glen Burnie in front of Annapolis. The new coach at Glen Burnie will get the job done eventually, but to have a better record than Annapolis in his first year is absurd.

This will be bulletin board material all summer long. Thanks.

Im going to guess the kid didnt mean that they would be better than Annapolis, just that they would be better than expected.

I certainly hope they are improved as I think right now the community is just very apathetic towards most of the sports here in GB. I would guess off the top of my head that outside of the boys Bb team and girls softball teams there arent any winners in the school. It would be nice if the new coach could build up some school spirit like coach rudd does and have a nice pep band at the games and get a bunch of the students to go.

I went to a couple games this year and its definitely a cool experience when the band is at the basketball games.

1.Arundel

2.Old Mill

3.North County

4.Broadneck

5.Southern

Sleeper-Glen Burnie

north county lost alot of bodies up front but i like how liddick never cupcakes his scrimmages so we should see early if north county is in the front runner

aacountydeservesrespect;

South River's #40, Blane Kleinrichert(6` 1``, 215lbs)had more rushing yards(over 1700yds.) last season than all the players you mentioned and this young man is a dedicated gym rat(benching 340lbs, squating 550lbs) was selected to the Super 22 this year. Expect the same numbers from him this year as well, with some recieving yards to add to his resume. The young man's in all honors classes and carries a 4.4 GPA.