Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan202

AACO Football 2010

1,232 posts in this topic

1) Arundel (39)

2) Old Mill (39)

3) Broadneck (29)

4) Southern-AA (25)

5) North County (18)

6) Annapolis (18)

7) South River (17)

8) Meade (15)

9) Severna Park (11)

Good comments everybody! The wild card in this county is Mt ST JOE getting a foot hold in the county .NC might be without a starting LB and prob the most hearalded 8 th grade recruit .HE would have made varsity and pushed for starting time.the soph lb is 235 4.6 b enching over 300. At the nc combine he did 185 25x!!He will solidify himself sat and sunday june 25th and 26th at under armour combine!!Then, he will go to the TERPS schoolboy camp and drop jaws.He is not a child or relative. Im not a NC hater or fan just know ballers when I see them.His workout routine is SICK!!Also GB has a baby baller that runs a LEGIT 4.40 !hE IS JUST A FRESHMAN! He also will be at the Under Armour combine sat and sunday.Attending the MARYLAND SCHOOLBOY camp to also drop jaws.He is only 5'7' and has over a 44 in vertical!! His weakness now is getting stronger.

AACO football will def. be interesting in 2010

Good comments everybody! The wild card in this county is Mt ST JOE getting a foot hold in the county .NC might be without a starting LB and prob the most hearalded 8 th grade recruit .HE would have made varsity and pushed for starting time.the soph lb is 235 4.6 b enching over 300. At the nc combine he did 185 25x!!He will solidify himself sat and sunday june 25th and 26th at under armour combine!!Then, he will go to the TERPS schoolboy camp and drop jaws.He is not a child or relative. Im not a NC hater or fan just know ballers when I see them.His workout routine is SICK!!Also GB has a baby baller that runs a LEGIT 4.40 !hE IS JUST A FRESHMAN! He also will be at the Under Armour combine sat and sunday.Attending the MARYLAND SCHOOLBOY camp to also drop jaws.He is only 5'7' and has over a 44 in vertical!! His weakness now is getting stronger.

AACO football will def. be interesting in 2010

You had me sold until u said 44inch vertical...lol wow

Arundel has the same tough start to the season that they had last year playing om and bn in the first 3 games. I can see them l leaning heavily on Joe Blackwell until their passing game can get it;s footing. I would be very surprised to see a team go undefeated this year in the regular season. It doesn;t look like there are too many gimmes on the schedule.

Lost alot of seniors once again but it;s the next guy up and I think that those guys will impress.

I hear Blackwell is working out like a mad man this offseason. They also picked up a kid, who could play QB or somewhere, who transferred in and is now one of their better pitchers on the baseball team.

So most of you are counting out an Annapolis team this year that has 80% of there defense back. The whole offense line back accept for Hochman. They will always have a running back. QB back. They should be pretty good this season.

bdb48;

I would agree they should be pretty strong again, good players on defense,plenty of speed on both sides of the ball.

Colsten from meade should have D1 looks after his showing this weekend at penn state.

You had me sold until u said 44inch vertical...lol wow

I dont make a habit of lying FAN202.We shall wait til the combine to officially see where he jumps. Speed is the name of his game.I have never seen a quicker burst from nothing to full go since Caleb Porzel was at GC.He is giving up basketball to fully concentrate on football.All his numbers at the combine next yr will surpass JOSH FURMAN except his bench reps!!My guess is that MT ST JOE will pick up 4 major AACO prospects for the upcoming varsity season.

I need some help...... My son received an invite to attend the FBU camp in Annapolis in July. Is this camp really WORTH $579!!!!!!!!!

I need some help...... My son received an invite to attend the FBU camp in Annapolis in July. Is this camp really WORTH $579!!!!!!!!!

Save your money...no way is it worth it, thats a recruiting service camp no real exposure at all

First of all ,I'm a RAVENS fan and its hard to even write REDSKINS4LIFE!! But as a coach I would tell you, any exposure is good exposure. Now, if money is an issue and you are looking for the best bang for your buck. I would send him to the saturday and sunday sessions at the Under Armour combine . Both days will run you about $200 packaged together.Also I would send him to the University of Md Schoolboy camp in july.Inside this link is all you need to know.For $325 he can spend3 days and 2 nights on the campus of the Uof M. where he can be apart of 11 practices and fill studies.this camp is taught by the University of MD coaches.For the special kids scholarship offers will be given.http://www.umterps.com/camps/md-camps.html#

IMHO, I would send him to these two events. If money not an issue DO IT ALL!!!!

I hear Blackwell is working out like a mad man this offseason. They also picked up a kid, who could play QB or somewhere, who transferred in and is now one of their better pitchers on the baseball team.

I used to coach Blackwell and know the family well. He is doing crazy sessions at API, and taking his visits .He just came back from Princeton and Harvard!! He has shown well at all the combines he has attended.From what I hear the short backup will enter as the starter and pretty much keep that spot.They say he's more of a baseball first kind of guy.

Thanks for the insight fellas(celt9b5, and fan202). We are already going to the Prospect camp @ MD on Jun 23 I had him signed up for the UA combine already, but the WVA prospect camp is on that day and he is invited to that so we're going there!!! Since he is a rising senior, I was told the one day camps is the best way to go now..

I used to coach Blackwell and know the family well. He is doing crazy sessions at API, and taking his visits .He just came back from Princeton and Harvard!! He has shown well at all the combines he has attended.From what I hear the short backup will enter as the starter and pretty much keep that spot.They say he's more of a baseball first kind of guy.

Who is the short backup? I did not understand what you meant.

I dont know who he is. A dad of a player told me the backup isnt as tall as Billy was . OK , the talented shorter than BILLY backup.From a family member in Arundel, there are 3 transfers who are enrolled in classes right now from out of state.It looks like the backup prob will be starting,for now.

I dont know who he is. A dad of a player told me the backup isnt as tall as Billy was . OK , the talented shorter than BILLY backup.From a family member in Arundel, there are 3 transfers who are enrolled in classes right now from out of state.It looks like the backup prob will be starting,for now.

Gotcha now...The backup you speak of is Nick Rossatti. He is in the number one spot. The transfer is Mike Williams and I would expect that he would compete for the starting spot. The 7on7s and scrimmages leading up to the season will tell the story. Old Mill and Broadneck early will be Baptism by fire.

Yes, I heard about his Ivy league prospects... that's outstanding!

Gotcha now...The backup you speak of is Nick Rossatti. He is in the number one spot. The transfer is Mike Williams and I would expect that he would compete for the starting spot. The 7on7s and scrimmages leading up to the season will tell the story. Old Mill and Broadneck early will be Baptism by fire.

Just going on who teams lost and who they're keeping from last year, I gotta think the county's top teams are going to look like this (pre-season ranking):

1. Broadneck (by a nose)

2. Old Mill (by a nose)

3. Arundel

4. North County

5. Annapolis

6. Meade, with Southern just behind them

Annapolis has a great defense - tough nosed football team, but losing Brown to Old Mill hurts them - I know, they have running backs all over the hallways, but Brown is one of the better ones I've seen in the County - he's not at the Furman level - but he is darn good!

Arundel has to survive the first two weeks of the season - if they do that, they'll be a tougher team come week 10.

Can't put Meade any higher than 6 until they show they can execute at the level of their potential. They have all the pieces in place - a decent coach, good athletes - now they just have to do it on the field.

Southern is Southern - you know what you get...lol

Game ten,Broadneck at Old Mill might decide who is #1 in the county. I wonder how good North Point will be. They might have not made the playoffs last year if they were in AA county.

What do you guys think?

North Point would not have made it last year if they had to go through AA County. Old Mill spanked them in every facet. They have a pathetic one demensional offense with a non throwing qb. Arundel, Annapolis, OM did and Broadneck would have all beaten them last year. This is a new year so who knows but last year they would not have made it.

County Rankings:

1. Old Mill- loaded and have two major sleepers; one at RB (not demond) and one at QB.

2. Arundel- They will have a great O again (more run this year) and a weaker d.

3. Broadneck- They haven't been to the playoffs the last two years even though they have been 8-2 and 7-3. They have to get over the hump.

4. North County- if the OL plays well they will be here (they have a stud at RB back and a returning QB) if not Annapolis by the strength of the D.

**Southern will be very good and if they can make the playoffs they could win it all in the 2A. They have stud athletes back this year.

North Point would not have made it last year if they had to go through AA County. Old Mill spanked them in every facet. They have a pathetic one demensional offense with a non throwing qb. Arundel, Annapolis, OM did and Broadneck would have all beaten them last year. This is a new year so who knows but last year they would not have made it.

County Rankings:

1. Old Mill- loaded and have two major sleepers; one at RB (not demond) and one at QB.

2. Arundel- They will have a great O again (more run this year) and a weaker d.

3. Broadneck- They haven't been to the playoffs the last two years even though they have been 8-2 and 7-3. They have to get over the hump.

4. North County- if the OL plays well they will be here (they have a stud at RB back and a returning QB) if not Annapolis by the strength of the D.

**Southern will be very good and if they can make the playoffs they could win it all in the 2A. They have stud athletes back this year.

Arundel will have a GOOD running game, but will their coach actually run it 70% of the time?

Old Mill will be in trouble if it has to pass the ball. I saw a game in which their back up QB played last year and he looked like he was scared to death to be in. The game was well in hand also. When the pressure is on this kid could crumble. If they hand it off to their running backs 99% of the time then they will make the playoffs.

Broadneck could take it all!

Broadneck could take it all!

I think last year proved that getting out of Anne Arundel County can be as tough as going all the way. No Question that Arundel was good enough to win a title last year, but Old Mill stole the show, who was the 2nd or 3rd best team in the county depending on who you ask.

Does Broadneck have the talent to win it all this year, maybe, but I'm sure it will be a dog fight to get out of the 4A east as usual. I don't expect North Point to be anything but a casualty to the 4th 4A best team in AA this year.