Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan202

AACO Football 2010

1,232 posts in this topic

Rossati was the backup, and the games I saw him in last year has me a bit worried, especially the early games on the schedule. The kid has a strong arm, I'll give him that but he did look a little panicked when he was on the field. My guess for Arundel is that we'll see a lot of Joe Blackwell especially early on and we'll see more of the Wildcat runs that were a staple during Nick Elko's time. Cosh couldn't run like Elko and didn't need to. Not sure if Rosati can run the ball or not but I'm guessing we'll see Tyler Young (Soph) get some snaps as a Wildcat QB

Rossati will be fine next season.

He won't be a Cosh or Elko - Arundel has been really fortunate to have had a great string of years with an all-state QB and a stable of all-state WRs - but Rossati and whomever it is that emerge as the top wideout(s) (for the team) will work out just fine.

Both Elko and Cosh, when they were coming in for clean-up time didn't look great in limited action - largely because they were playing with the second team the whole time. Rossati looked similar last year...

Just a thought, but next years team might look more like the 2006 team that had Kyle Sumter and Anthony Gunn in the backfield. Agree that Blackwell will be the key to the offense.

There's no doubt replacing Cosh, Harris and Partilla will be tough. Old Mill doesn't lose as much replacing Furman with Brown. Broadneck returns many good young players from last years team and Annapolis, losing Brown hurts, but they should have a great defense next season. Not sure what North County will have next year - but it will be a heck of a fight in the county. Many questions will get answered in Week 1 when Old Mill and Arundel square off.

He won't be a Cosh or Elko - Arundel has been really fortunate to have had a great string of years with an all-state QB and a stable of all-state WRs - but Rossati and whomever it is that emerge as the top wideout(s) (for the team) will work out just fine.

Both Elko and Cosh, when they were coming in for clean-up time didn't look great in limited action - largely because they were playing with the second team the whole time. Rossati looked similar last year...

Just a thought, but next years team might look more like the 2006 team that had Kyle Sumter and Anthony Gunn in the backfield. Agree that Blackwell will be the key to the offense.

There's no doubt replacing Cosh, Harris and Partilla will be tough. Old Mill doesn't lose as much replacing Furman with Brown. Broadneck returns many good young players from last years team and Annapolis, losing Brown hurts, but they should have a great defense next season. Not sure what North County will have next year - but it will be a heck of a fight in the county. Many questions will get answered in Week 1 when Old Mill and Arundel square off.

When Rossati came in for clean up duty vs. us I was very impressed. He has a nice arm, good footwork. I liked him. I think he will be just fine. Chuck will make sure he is ready.

The wild card will be transfer Mike Williams and what his role will be with the team. He will play but I am not sure the coaches know where yet. He has played QB in the past and we may seem him take snaps there, maybe RB to keep Blackwell fresh, or maybe LB. My gut says that all may be true.

The receivers will be good with Washington, White, and Young all returning. As a collective group they are better then last year. Just don't have a sure thing All-State receiver like RJ Harris. If they get QB settled in and teams have to allocate extra help to stop Blackwell Tyler Washington can have a monster season.

Lost alot of starters on D but both corner spots are very good and lots of really good players from last year's team and JV to fill in at line and LB.

A young defense and an offense that doesn't control the clock could spell disaster for Arundel. Arundel has had a good defense the last 2 years and gave up over 55+ in the games they went home after. If they can get it together on defense they will be the class of the county with Blackwell leading the way and eating clock.

A young defense and an offense that doesn't control the clock could spell disaster for Arundel. Arundel has had a good defense the last 2 years and gave up over 55+ in the games they went home after. If they can get it together on defense they will be the class of the county with Blackwell leading the way and eating clock.

No doubt about it. Arundel's last three post season losses had backs go for 200+ yards. It was a much improved defensive unit last year, but they still had problems containing Furman - everyone else they did at least a decent job. But they lost Partilla, Harmon, Mathews, and Hunter on the line.

Jonathan Haskett should be an all-county DB next season and along with Michael Coombs make up strong corners. Tommy Chepurko had 40 tackles and 5 sacks as a sophomore, so he could be set for a break out junior year - I don't see these kids much until the season starts, so I don't know who's a gym rat and who isn't...

The JV had a great year last year, going 9-1, with the only loss against Annapolis in a sloppy offensive game - that will bode well for the Varsity next season.

After being out there @ the HSPD, Broadneck, Arundel, & old mill looked pretty good, but Meade looked good also, and I know its early but I think they will be in the hunt this year!

I hope the Gophers can put it together. All of us have suffered through endless hopeless seasons. With a young energetic coach and more kids coming out they should be able to compete with the teams at the bottom of the county. 3 or 4 wins would go a long way.

So most of you are counting out an Annapolis team this year that has 80% of their defense back. The whole offense line back except for Hochman.

The offensive line will also lose Graham (LG) and Jones © to graduation. Hochman also started at defensive end to draw the double teams and played nose tackle on passing downs. Hopefully the underclassmen will step up in the '10 season to fill the holes and keep this team on the rise.

I forgot to post my top 5.

1.Arundel

2.Old Mill

3.North County

4.Broadneck

5.Southern

Sleeper-Glen Burnie

New year. Same nonsense. I will not even dignify this post with an intelligent response because it's absurd. I don't know what's worst between having Glen Burnie as a sleeper over Annapolis & SP or not having Annapolis in your top 5.

New year. Same nonsense. I will not even dignify this post with an intelligent response because it's absurd. I don't know what's worst between having Glen Burnie as a sleeper over Annapolis & SP or not having Annapolis in your top 5.

Glen Burnie as a sleeper yeah I can see your point. That is a reach. I think they will do better then before but still a long way to go. Matt Watson is gone and he was the big playmaker. As far as Annapolis Demond Brown is gone and they are not going to have a back of his caliber step in so I would not put them in the top 5 anymore.

My Top 5 teams in 2010:

1) Broadneck; Lot of returning players solid team

2) Arundel; Hard to replace Cosh and Harris, great coaching

3) Meade; They have alot of athletes and I believe gonna surprize some people this year.

3)Old Mill; Lost a ton, but has athletes and Brown is the truth.

4) Southern; Burke is legit: Might go deep in 2a playoffs

Sleeper: Naptown and North County

Really 2-5 is gonna be tighter than some people thinks......to be continue.........

My Top 5 teams in 2010:

3) Meade; They have alot of athletes and I believe gonna surprize some people this year.

Really 2-5 is gonna be tighter than some people thinks......to be continue.........

Meade above Old Mill? There is no way. Meade will not even be in the top 5. I know everyone says he has 2 D1 kids but that is not enough. They were 4-6 with a D1 QB 2 years ago and 3-7 last year with a talented group.

Your top 2 I agree with. # 3 will be either Old Mill or North County. They return a veteran QB with a deep receiving corps and Drummond. Southern is a good top 5 pick also.

My Top 5 teams in 2010:

If Meade goes .500 it's a major improvement for the program; 6-4 would be a big jump up over the past. I'd like to see them compete this season, but it's still a pretty big climb.

I agree that Southern could make a deep run in the 2A, their biggest problem is they have to get there first. The offense will, as always, be tough to stop, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they've gotten significantly better on defense in the last couple years.

Still think the top 5 will be Broadneck, Old Mill, Arundel, and Annapolis rounding it out neck and neck with North County. If Meade cracks the top half of the conference that's a big step in the right direction.

Glen Burnie as a sleeper yeah I can see your point. That is a reach. I think they will do better then before but still a long way to go. Matt Watson is gone and he was the big playmaker. As far as Annapolis Demond Brown is gone and they are not going to have a back of his caliber step in so I would not put them in the top 5 anymore.

Losing a talented player at any school to another county school is never going to help your team. And I'd be drinking the "Kool Aid" a little too hard if I didn't say that it may be some fall off in production at RB. But lets keep things in perspective please ladies and gentlemen. Although Brown is a helluva player and an even better example of a young man with a good head on his shoulders; Annapolis probably has more 1000 yard caliber running backs in detention some days than some other schools have in the entire building. And anybody who is fairly familiar with the history & dynamics of High School football in this county would probably agree. The same way losing RJ is obviously not going to help Arundel this year, but they'll find a stud to step in and make a playmaker out of them because they have plenty of talent at the WR position throughout the building, and their system will not allow them to have a major fall off in production. The same way Annapolis is going to run the ball the overwhelming majority of a game. Somebody is going to get those carries! Annapolis has speed & talent up and down their roster and walking their hallways at the skill positions. Furthermore keep in mind, Annapolis has been tough as hell defensively the last few years and they return a lot of players on that side of the ball and Brown did not play on that side of the ball. To make a long story short, losing Brown should knock Annapolis out of the "preseason" top 3 in the county, but not the top 5.

Losing a talented player at any school to another county school is never going to help your team. And I'd be drinking the "Kool Aid" a little too hard if I didn't say that it may be some fall off in production at RB. But lets keep things in perspective please ladies and gentlemen. Although Brown is a helluva player and an even better example of a young man with a good head on his shoulders; Annapolis probably has more 1000 yard caliber running backs in detention some days than some other schools have in the entire building. And anybody who is fairly familiar with the history & dynamics of High School football in this county would probably agree. The same way losing RJ is obviously not going to help Arundel this year, but they'll find a stud to step in and make a playmaker out of them because they have plenty of talent at the WR position throughout the building, and their system will not allow them to have a major fall off in production. The same way Annapolis is going to run the ball the overwhelming majority of a game. Somebody is going to get those carries! Annapolis has speed & talent up and down their roster and walking their hallways at the skill positions. Furthermore keep in mind, Annapolis has been tough as hell defensively the last few years and they return a lot of players on that side of the ball and Brown did not play on that side of the ball. To make a long story short, losing Brown should knock Annapolis out of the "preseason" top 3 in the county, but not the top 5.

You are right as far as the talent running around Annapolis HS. We used to always joke about where they would find these kids, but on the same note. If they had a kid he probably would have shown up some last year. It will be fun to see. They will still run the ball and I'm sure be successful at it. I dont know to much about their defense because we did not play them last year. I just saw them on scout tape. It will be a tight race in the county this year with Southern boasting 2 good RB's also. Cant wait.

It seems almost a bit unfair for Southern and other schools that fall into their situation. They'll have a solid team, one that could make a deep playoff run but they may not qualify because they pick up losses to 4A schools and the last few years those 4A schools have been 4A powers. Is there some kind of formula in use to calculate points for the lower division schools that have to play a schedule against the bigger ones?

It seems almost a bit unfair for Southern and other schools that fall into their situation. They'll have a solid team, one that could make a deep playoff run but they may not qualify because they pick up losses to 4A schools and the last few years those 4A schools have been 4A powers. Is there some kind of formula in use to calculate points for the lower division schools that have to play a schedule against the bigger ones?

I have made the same argument before and been slammed on this board because people say that it doesnt matter the size of the school and they bring Dunbar into the argument. AA co. is very unfair to the Southerns and Northeasts that do not have the enrollment of the other schools but are forced to play them year in and year out and for Southern who has been a consistantly good team miss the playoffs or have a lower seed then they would if they didnt have to play a all 4A schedule. It is unfortunate because the Northeasts cant rebuild because they are constantly getting slammed with a schedule of Arundel, Old Mill, Broadneck, North County. Its hard to change a mind set of a school when you look at the schedule and are staring down those games alot of times back to back.

N.East has a new football coach. Ken Fowler,graduate and head wrestling coach.

No doubt about it. Arundel's last three post season losses had backs go for 200+ yards. It was a much improved defensive unit last year, but they still had problems containing Furman - everyone else they did at least a decent job. But they lost Partilla, Harmon, Mathews, and Hunter on the line.

Jonathan Haskett should be an all-county DB next season and along with Michael Coombs make up strong corners. Tommy Chepurko had 40 tackles and 5 sacks as a sophomore, so he could be set for a break out junior year - I don't see these kids much until the season starts, so I don't know who's a gym rat and who isn't...

The JV had a great year last year, going 9-1, with the only loss against Annapolis in a sloppy offensive game - that will bode well for the Varsity next season.

Did you happen to catch the 7on7 at River Hill? It may not mean much to most teams but it was an important building block for the Arundel offense.

Rossatti was very impressive. You can see the hard work he has been putting in is paying off. He made a few throws that I did not think he could make.

The receiving corp showed me alot as well. Tyler Young and John White both looked like they are taking their experience from last year and moving to the next level. Elonte Allen who must be 6'4 really was impressive. He made alot of tough catches. Tyler Washington is going to keep D coordinators up at night. He looks like the next big Arundel receiver.

Pick your poison but I have to think teams early in the season will try to stop Joe Blackwell and the running game. I think Rossatti and the receiving corp may make them pay.

Is it August yet?

Gwynn Park could Make similar argument different way.....Southern gets to play 4a's and get points and they have to play a lot of 1A Schools.....

THIS IS A STATE ISSUE and if you look at every sport there inequities in the way the playoffs are conducted.....

In my opinion, you games should be 8 or 9 games with teams in your region. This would allow for teams to continue to play rivals if they aren't in their region.

Gwynn Park could Make similar argument different way.....Southern gets to play 4a's and get points and they have to play a lot of 1A Schools.....

THIS IS A STATE ISSUE and if you look at every sport there inequities in the way the playoffs are conducted.....

I agree and 2A Gwynn Park would have consistently beaten the vast majority of the 4A PG schools. I think 2A Douglass-PG could have been eliminated from the playoff on points at 8 and 2 if Southern could have beaten 4A Arundel last year. There are two sides to these type of arguments.

As a southern guy, it used to be crucial for us in hoops because we would get those teams at home back in the old days because of all the 4a STUFF..

Now we get hosed in basketball since Greg LeGrand wont change the schedule since we've gone to this District V cherade. no need now for the schedule to be the way it is....Arundel, Annapolis, Southern, Broadneck, SP and SR all play twice....Annapolis and Arundel playing twice while Old Mill only plays them once gives Patriots great advantage...

Vision, creativity someday we will have some around here....