Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan202

AACO Football 2010

1,232 posts in this topic

they have not released the schedule yet but it is done, in fact the schedule for all anne arundel county is already done for next year. i do know that om and arundel do not play week 1. but there is still a big time match up week 1.

week 1 Old Mill vs Broadneck *****

week 2 old Mill vs SP ????

week 3 NC vs Old Mill or Arundel vs Meade ????? for both games

week 4 SP vs Southern

week 5 Broadneck vs SP or Arundel vs NC ?????? both games

week 6 Arundel vs Old Mill *****

week 7 Arundel vs Broadneck *****

week 8 Om vs Southern SP vs Arundel NC vs Broadneck ??? all 3 games

week 9 Southern vs Broadneck ???

week 10 Southern vs Arundel Broadneck vs Meade ??? both games

Wrong, the arundels, old mills, broadnecks will all be deeper and those are the teams that the south river faithful want to beat. They have proven they are able to beat the other teams, they want to be at the top. He will have to deal with teams that have ALOT more speed where he will be used to always having the fastest players, he will have to deal with teams being bigger where he is used to his D1 monster line. He wont have any of that anymore.

I sure hope he gets this job or we will all be wasting our time on this conversation.

Sorry fellow but ALL leagues have teams that are better than others. Some teams are just better or some teams teams are worse than others. The issue here is your statement that some coach coming from a private program to a public would have issues like the bench not being as strong as the 1st or 2nd string players. Duh, it's that way with all teams and why some are starters and others are not. You went on to say that the coach who move to the publics would no longer be able to just go out and recruit players and I merely stated that that coach's opponents would be in the same boat. Where the coach use to have a monster line, so too did his opponents on the private side. That coach who was accustomed to having speedier players also had speedier opponents. So relatively speaking, It's All Relative...

If the new SR coach will be outmanned by Arundel, Broadneck, and Old Mill then he just needs to get on the stick and coach his team up to beat those team. Nearly every coach with superior talents should win. It's another thing to beat superior talents by other factors laid out by a superior coach.

old mill vs broadneck was the week 1 big game...

south river is always bigger than the other teams except chesapeake on the lines.

Sorry fellow but ALL leagues have teams that are better than others. Some teams are just better or some teams teams are worse than others. The issue here is your statement that some coach coming from a private program to a public would have issues like the bench not being as strong as the 1st or 2nd string players. Duh, it's that way with all teams and why some are starters and others are not. You went on to say that the coach who move to the publics would no longer be able to just go out and recruit players and I merely stated that that coach's opponents would be in the same boat. Where the coach use to have a monster line, so too did his opponents on the private side. That coach who was accustomed to having speedier players also had speedier opponents. So relatively speaking, It's All Relative...

If the new SR coach will be outmanned by Arundel, Broadneck, and Old Mill then he just needs to get on the stick and coach his team up to beat those team. Nearly every coach with superior talents should win. It's another thing to beat superior talents by other factors laid out by a superior coach.

Sorry fellow, but when you are talking about Dematha the school this coach is coming from he did not face equal talent all year. In fact the only time he did was in what 2 games all year? The others were cake walks. In aa co he will go against 6-7 teams with equal or better talent. I am not saying he cant do it, my point was the south river faithful want to consistantly be up there with the big 3 who will have more depth and more speed then them.

Sorry fellow, but when you are talking about Dematha the school this coach is coming from he did not face equal talent all year. In fact the only time he did was in what 2 games all year? The others were cake walks. In aa co he will go against 6-7 teams with equal or better talent. I am not saying he cant do it, my point was the south river faithful want to consistantly be up there with the big 3 who will have more depth and more speed then them.

Fine, just remember instances like a coach coming from a solid program like Damascus to a bottom feeder like Hammond who this year shed it's bottom feeder cloak and not only took out most of its county competition but also beat one of your top flight AACo teams in the playoffs only to go down to the state champ.... Good coaching is good coaching at the high school level and perhaps it's not all or only about being stacked. Check Urbana as well.

Sure the new coach may go up against 6 - 7 teams with equal or better talent and he could beat those 6 - 7 teams. That's a possibility that can't be dismissed.

Keron Costen and Demond Brown represented AA County well in the Chesapeake Bowl on Dec. 30th. Congrats to both young men in their future endevors!!!!!!!!