Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2010

1,236 posts in this topic

School years finishing up, teams are gearing up for summer leagues. Here are some of my quick picks... opinions?

MIAA- McDonough

Howard County - Hammond

Frederick County - Tuscarora

Baltimore County - Loch Raven

Carroll County - Century

dulaneys keeper plays on the u17 thunder ajax team. not very strong team.. not a good indicator for the net minder. who does liberty have after losing another gillen?

MIAA- Mount St. Joseph

Howard County - Marriots Ridge

Frederick County - Tuscarora

Baltimore County - Eastern Tech

Carroll County - Century

Anne Arundel - Severna Park in the front and Arundel as the team to watch.

dulaneys keeper plays on the u17 thunder ajax team. not very strong team.. not a good indicator for the net minder. who does liberty have after losing another gillen?

Liberty is full of kids from the fsc united club team that just won the u16 md state cup, liberty will definitely compete, imo they will beat out century but i also thought that last year.

liberty is definately going to be very good this year, they might even be better then the team that made the finals two years ago.

eastern tech is going to be pretty good as well i hear, but does anyone know any stand out players for them? and are they good enough to beat loch raven(statechamps)?

who do you think will win miaa? mcdonough and st joe lost alot but we all know they are always loaded, could calvert hall or someone knock them off this year?

liberty is definately going to be very good this year, they might even be better then the team that made the finals two years ago.

eastern tech is going to be pretty good as well i hear, but does anyone know any stand out players for them? and are they good enough to beat loch raven(statechamps)?

who do you think will win miaa? mcdonough and st joe lost alot but we all know they are always loaded, could calvert hall or someone knock them off this year?

calvert hall is also losing a good amount of players from last year.

Anne Arundel - Severna Park in the front and Arundel as the team to watch.

I'd probably put Broadneck over or atleast neck and neck with Severna Park. SP has some outstanding coaching, but it all starts in the pipes and Broadneck has arguably the top keeper in the county. I agree that Arundel is a team to watch out for, they return two of the top players in the county... again though it starts with your keeper and they lack a top level keeper

any players from that liberty team still play? loch raven is very well coached, always competative.. played that liberty team in semi. mcdonough is the obvious.. a RUMOR.. that one of the players from that team is practicing with the DC UNITED ACADEMY first team. i think they will take it with (the best coach in high school soccer in the area) and some special players.. however loyola is my sleeper.

also saying a lot of 7 v 7 leagues are starting up in the next few weeks.. good chance to get an early look at players.

The player that plays with DC United does not play for his high school team.And the coach is only good because he recruits players.

any players from that liberty team still play? loch raven is very well coached, always competative.. played that liberty team in semi. mcdonough is the obvious.. a RUMOR.. that one of the players from that team is practicing with the DC UNITED ACADEMY first team. i think they will take it with (the best coach in high school soccer in the area) and some special players.. however loyola is my sleeper.

also saying a lot of 7 v 7 leagues are starting up in the next few weeks.. good chance to get an early look at players.

How can you say he is the best high school?

He got beat by my former coach Mike St. Martin at Mount St. Joe last season twice with less senior talent.

MSJ still has Jalen Robenson who is practicing with DC United first team and is captain of the National team at his age. They also have some great talent returning from the varsity and the JV won the league last year. and no scholarships

Loyola is a good call for sleeper.

Curley will also be talented

Liberty will be good along with ET and LR. I will take LR

quick question. who is the best five players in the state in your opinion? any national team players?

How can you say he is the best high school?

He got beat by my former coach Mike St. Martin at Mount St. Joe last season twice with less senior talent.

MSJ still has Jalen Robenson who is practicing with DC United first team and is captain of the National team at his age. They also have some great talent returning from the varsity and the JV won the league last year. and no scholarships

Loyola is a good call for sleeper.

Curley will also be talented

Liberty will be good along with ET and LR. I will take LR

Is Robinson still at St. Joe - heard that he was heading to IMG in Bradenton.

Is Robinson still at St. Joe - heard that he was heading to IMG in Bradenton.

Jalen is at MSJ.

Don't sleep on the Linganore Lancers in Fred Co - they return Matt Friebaum to their front line as he took last year off to play in Va. He can score every night!

Don't sleep on the Linganore Lancers in Fred Co - they return Matt Friebaum to their front line as he took last year off to play in Va. He can score every night!

I don't think you are looking at the right team hsFBfan, they were beaten 7-0 last year by Urbana, and Urbana only lost 3 starters this year. They might be the real sleepers.

quick question. who is the best five players in the state in your opinion? any national team players?

Yes there are 2 national team players that are transferring to mcdonough, and the boy from mt st joe.

Im going to have to agree with soccerguy324. Urbana is returning 8 of its 11 starters from their playoff run last year. Starting between the posts is Senior Alex Vert who had a phenomenal year last year and will only get better this year. Defensively they are returning 2 of their 4 starting defenders with two great underclassmen filling the void for the lost seniors. Midfield and Fowards can really bring some firepower to the team. Returning Midfielder Nick Breitsameter who claimed all state honors and was a top scorer for Frederick county will captain the Midfield. Joey Penn will be returning as one of the top offensive threats in the state. The only thing i dont agree with Soccerguy324 about is that Urbana would be a sleeper. Im making them the clear favorites to come out of Frederick County, and dont be suprised if they make another title run.

Yes there are 2 national team players that are transferring to mcdonough, and the boy from mt st joe.

There is NO player transfering to McDonogh from Mount St. Joe.

They are stealing a kid from Good Council and another from G Grace.

Hands down Urbana will win it all.

There is NO player transfering to McDonogh from Mount St. Joe.

They are stealing a kid from Good Council and another from G Grace.

Hands down Urbana will win it all.

Never said they were transferring from St. Joe i said there was a national team player at st Joe.

So READ carefully next time

The player that plays with DC United does not play for his high school team.And the coach is only good because he recruits players.

My bad, misread. Could not agree with you more on above.