Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2010

1,236 posts in this topic

just wondering, have any of the HoCo teams played Frederick County teams last season or lately? I've never seen HoCo teams play but have heard alot about them, just wanted to see if there was any comparison.

just wondering, have any of the HoCo teams played Frederick County teams last season or lately? I've never seen HoCo teams play but have heard alot about them, just wanted to see if there was any comparison.

Not that I'm aware of. Might have to wait until Playoffs for a match-up, except for Urbana (no 4A's in HoCo). Would love to see Urbana play M.R. or R.H., would be a great game. There are also some early Tournaments that also might provide some inter-county games.

Hammond's keeper-who I thought was pretty good-graduated. I heard somewhere last spring that his younger brother is a keeper as well and can fill in.

Also heard that a goalie from Good Counsel-who played for Potomac Academy-is transferring to RH and could challenge for the keeper position...but I also heard that he might try out for kicker on the football team instead.

Imagine if all the kids playing in MIAA or WCAC transferred back to their local Public School! O.M. would be crazy-good.

I use to say the same thing about the teams I played for and against in the miaa 10 years ago...Baltimore County would have been deep on the east side.

The boy from good counsel now plays for the u17 sac premier team. The team is coached by river hills Matt s. I'm sure he will recruit him to play.

Hammond's keeper-who I thought was pretty good-graduated. I heard somewhere last spring that his younger brother is a keeper as well and can fill in.

Also heard that a goalie from Good Counsel-who played for Potomac Academy-is transferring to RH and could challenge for the keeper position...but I also heard that he might try out for kicker on the football team instead.

The boy from good counsel now plays for the u17 sac premier team. The team is coached by river hills Matt s. I'm sure he will recruit him to play.

Wow! If he's able to snag Sullivan (M.R.) off the U18 team, that will be a strong squad next year.

Playoff Predictions:

4A - Beth-CC / Urbana / Bowie / Broadneck

3A - Northwood / Towson / Westlake / R.H.

2A - Liberty / Digital Harbor / M.R. / Bel Air

1A - I plead ignorance (even more than above!)

MIAA - Loyola v. Mcdonogh

Playoff Predictions:

4A - Beth-CC / Urbana / Bowie / Broadneck

3A - Northwood / Towson / Westlake / R.H.

2A - Liberty / Digital Harbor / M.R. / Bel Air

1A - I plead ignorance (even more than above!)

MIAA - Loyola v. Mcdonogh

Fallston over Bel Air in 2A

not sure i could narrow it down for carroll county yet........but a few come to mind

khouri - liberty

gruber - north carroll

mckracken - liberty

virbikus (sp) century

kestler - south carroll

Looks like the talent is pretty spread out in Howard County:

M.R. - Sullivan, Glazer Player to watch - Martinelli

Ath. - Chan, Forbes Player to watch - Bellamy

Ham. - Reamer, Nelson Player to watch - ?

W.L. - Driessen Player to watch - Johnson

R.H. - Krug, Voyton Player to watch - Noonan

Also, look for Gamble (Mcdonogh), Jlopleh (Loyola) & Phillips (DeMatha) to have big seasons (I think all 3 would be at Oakland Mills).

Looks like the talent is pretty spread out in Howard County:

Also, look for Gamble (Mcdonogh), Jlopleh (Loyola) & Phillips (DeMatha) to have big seasons (I think all 3 would be at Oakland Mills).

I would add Banner for MR and Sindjui for Hammond. Parker for Ath. Pacchioni(?) for WL. Also for Reservoir, Konstanzer and Bonner. Is the Centennial goalie returning?

I can't think of anyone at Hebron, Glenelg, Howard, OM or LR.

My top player from each school of Howard County are:

Ham-Reamer or Nelson

OM-speedy defender Young

Ath-Chan or Parker

WL-Drissen or Leitner

RH-Krug

Mr-Sullivan

Reservoir-Jackson

MH-?

Cen-?

Glen-?

Player of the year for Hoco=?

Who do you think are the top players in each county?

CARROLL

Century - Virbikis, Titus, Mills, Byrnes (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP)

Liberty - Witte (u17 SAC PREMIER STATE FINALIST), Khouri(u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP), McKracken (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP), DeBandi(GK) (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP)

North Carroll - Gruber(?), note- there are a pair of twins that play with the u17 Baltimore Bays United which is combing with another Bays team. I'm sure they will be very good.

South Carroll - Andrew Kestler (u17 Potomac Academy), Mischa ?? (was a standout his sophmore year moved and is now back)

FSK - Branden Rehdi (?)

HOWARD COUNTY

^^ I agree with all of the above plus these additions

MR - Bannar (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST)

HAM - Sindju (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST)

WL - Kendrick Pachonni (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Nate Pascale (u17 sac Premier STATE FINALIST)

RES - Ryan Constanzer (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Connor Hassat (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Jake Cocio (u17 sac Premier STATE FINALIST), Bonner (?)

*All names are based off of first hand games witnessed or reliable evaluations of players. These will be the first teamers in their respective counties this year.

Granted, the SAC U17 team is the strongest in HoCo at that age, but every player on the roster can't be an "impact" player. Like most Club teams , they probably have a mix of "A", "B" & "C" players. Also, State Cup is not a great barometer past U15 because none of the Academy teams can enter. Casa Mia used to DOMINATE the State Cup. Once they went Academy it's just a crapshoot (Bays "classic" team won U16 last year and haven't won a game since).

I would add Banner for MR and Sindjui for Hammond. Parker for Ath. Pacchioni(?) for WL. Also for Reservoir, Konstanzer and Bonner. Is the Centennial goalie returning?

I can't think of anyone at Hebron, Glenelg, Howard, OM or LR.

Flying a little blind on a few of these:

Hebron - Pickett, Palin Player to watch - Rose

Glenelg - Burford

O.M. - Fuentes, Wassel

I agree that every team does have a, b and c level players. But the question was which players will have the most impact for their teams in their respective counties. The players on that sac team will ALL be extremely strong for their schools. It is full of former academy players and also ODP players. I'm not advicating for them I'm just simply saying they have plenty of players who will score more than ten goals.

Granted, the SAC U17 team is the strongest in HoCo at that age, but every player on the roster can't be an "impact" player. Like most Club teams , they probably have a mix of "A", "B" & "C" players. Also, State Cup is not a great barometer past U15 because none of the Academy teams can enter. Casa Mia used to DOMINATE the State Cup. Once they went Academy it's just a crapshoot (Bays "classic" team won U16 last year and haven't won a game since).

I know that one player from a Howard County school was on Casa Mia U15 last year and won nationals.

I wouldn't look at players from ODP because ODP gets weaker each year because of Academy. Players who play academy can't play ODP so ODP isn't a team to look for excellent players.

You'd be surprised at how many Academy-quality players are playing at the Club and ODP level because of how insanely expensive Academy is. ODP teams are full of very strong players who are loyal to their club.

I agree that every team does have a, b and c level players. But the question was which players will have the most impact for their teams in their respective counties. The players on that sac team will ALL be extremely strong for their schools. It is full of former academy players and also ODP players. I'm not advicating for them I'm just simply saying they have plenty of players who will score more than ten goals.

My bad, I was just listing who I thought would be the top players in the County and broke them out by school. I was mainly listing the players I felt were "A" level on their Club teams (I'm sure I missed a few, don't get to see as many teams/games as I'd like).

10 goals seems like a lot. Does anyone know how many players had 10 goals last year? (I would think only a handful but I have no idea)

You'd be surprised at how many Academy-quality players are playing at the Club and ODP level because of how insanely expensive Academy is. ODP teams are full of very strong players who are loyal to their club.

No doubt, there are still some studs staying with the "old school", but I would say the Regional Pool for ODP is the new standard. Players that don't make the Regional Pool probably would not have made the ODP team "pre-Academy".

CARROLL

Century - Virbikis, Titus, Mills, Byrnes (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP)

Liberty - Witte (u17 SAC PREMIER STATE FINALIST), Khouri(u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP), McKracken (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP), DeBandi(GK) (u16-FSC UNITED STATE CHAMP)

North Carroll - Gruber(?), note- there are a pair of twins that play with the u17 Baltimore Bays United which is combing with another Bays team. I'm sure they will be very good.

South Carroll - Andrew Kestler (u17 Potomac Academy), Mischa ?? (was a standout his sophmore year moved and is now back)

FSK - Branden Rehdi (?)

HOWARD COUNTY

^^ I agree with all of the above plus these additions

MR - Bannar (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST)

HAM - Sindju (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST)

WL - Kendrick Pachonni (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Nate Pascale (u17 sac Premier STATE FINALIST)

RES - Ryan Constanzer (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Connor Hassat (u17 sac premier STATE FINALIST), Jake Cocio (u17 sac Premier STATE FINALIST), Bonner (?)

*All names are based off of first hand games witnessed or reliable evaluations of players. These will be the first teamers in their respective counties this year.

Pretty bold prediction with 5 returning First-Teamers in HoCo. Some of these players may have to settle for Second-Team.