Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2010

1,236 posts in this topic

I agree that every team does have a, b and c level players. But the question was which players will have the most impact for their teams in their respective counties. The players on that sac team will ALL be extremely strong for their schools. It is full of former academy players and also ODP players. I'm not advicating for them I'm just simply saying they have plenty of players who will score more than ten goals.

Looks like 5 players had 10+ goals (in County play) last year. Glazer (M.R.) is the only one returning. Bonner was the only player off your list in the Top 35(HoCo Times) and he had 3. Too many good Keepers and Defenders to have "plenty of players" going from 0 to 10 goals in a season.

Looks like 5 players had 10+ goals (in County play) last year. Glazer (M.R.) is the only one returning. Bonner was the only player off your list in the Top 35(HoCo Times) and he had 3. Too many good Keepers and Defenders to have "plenty of players" going from 0 to 10 goals in a season.

Where is this top35 Hoco Times?

Too many good keepers and defenders as in who? I think Reservoir had the best defense last year. Others were okay

While there won't be many players going from 0 to 10, how many goals did Villaroel and Najib have their junior years? I doubt anyone here knows the answer. But Bannar is on my list of players to watch because he's a quality returning forward on a team losing two of the top 3 goal scorers in the county.

Ok you got me, but thats besides the point. Najib shows my point though. Did Villaroel play freshman or sophomore year?

Where is this top35 Hoco Times?

Too many good keepers and defenders as in who? I think Reservoir had the best defense last year. Others were okay

I was referring to the same article you posted listing players stats. Looks like they had about 35 names listed.

Keepers - Russell (All County), Forbes, Voyton, Moore, Staedli are all experienced.

Defenders - Beyond Chan and Driessen I'm not sure who will be top defenders. I know Scotten (Ham), Kaiser (R.H.) and Richardson (M.H.) are solid.

I think the top defender in the county will be Sindjui of Hammond, followed by Chan, Driessen, and Konstanzer

Ok you got me, but thats besides the point. Najib shows my point though. Did Villaroel play freshman or sophomore year?

He was injured freshman year and played JV sophomore year. I think Najib is more the exception than the rule, M.R. has been an offensive monster (3 players with 10+ goals . . . 2 years in a row!) and had 40+ goals. Teams like Res, Ham & W.L. probably had 18 - 25 (depending on if coach let them "run it up").

I was referring to the same article you posted listing players stats. Looks like they had about 35 names listed.

Keepers - Russell (All County), Forbes, Voyton, Moore, Staedli are all experienced.

Defenders - Beyond Chan and Driessen I'm not sure who will be top defenders. I know Scotten (Ham), Kaiser (R.H.) and Richardson (M.H.) are solid.

I heard Chan will go back to play forward this coming season. Look out for his speed and quickness to get behind the defenders.

I think the top defender in the county will be Sindjui of Hammond, followed by Chan, Driessen, and Konstanzer[

Yes I agree. Connor Hassett is one to add to that list. Him and Konstanzer will hold together a strong Resivior D.

Granted, the SAC U17 team is the strongest in HoCo at that age, but every player on the roster can't be an "impact" player. Like most Club teams , they probably have a mix of "A", "B" & "C" players. Also, State Cup is not a great barometer past U15 because none of the Academy teams can enter. Casa Mia used to DOMINATE the State Cup. Once they went Academy it's just a crapshoot (Bays "classic" team won U16 last year and haven't won a game since).

Totally agreed with you that most of the impact players are in the academy program after U15.

You'd be surprised at how many Academy-quality players are playing at the Club and ODP level because of how insanely expensive Academy is. ODP teams are full of very strong players who are loyal to their club.

Can you name a few club/odp players who can start for the bays or dc united academy team? Potomac academy is weak and any good odp players can play for them.

It's free for the scholarship players in the academy program; others have to pay about $750/year to play for bays or dc. The bays players have to pay for their own travel expense but not for dc. Need to pay around $6k-$7k per year for Potomac.

Why do players who are loyal to their club play for odp??? Don't they need to challenge the next level like DC United? Just come to the tryout but don't need to accept the position and you are very surprise to find out the talents out there.

I would think Sullivan (M.R.) would start for Bays or DC United Academy, not sure of any other seniors in HoCo. The problem with Academy (besides the cost), is if you're not one of the top 5 or 6 players, you're probably playing 1/2 (or less) of the available minutes. Most "stud" players want to play EVERY minute. Granted, you get to train with better players, but there is no substitute for true game conditions.

I heard Chan will go back to play forward this coming season. Look out for his speed and quickness to get behind the defenders.

That's pretty surprising (sounds like you have inside info). Should boost his chances for Player of the Year if it works. Could be a few 5-4 games at Atholton this year!

Nice it sounds like you have the inside scoop of Chan. Would he make a great impact at striker? The defense is going to be weak without him.

I would think Sullivan (M.R.) would start for Bays or DC United Academy, not sure of any other seniors in HoCo. The problem with Academy (besides the cost), is if you're not one of the top 5 or 6 players, you're probably playing 1/2 (or less) of the available minutes. Most "stud" players want to play EVERY minute. Granted, you get to train with better players, but there is no substitute for true game conditions.

and he plays ODP.. granted that most the best players play for Academy teams there are still plenty of players who stick it out with club cause of costs or other reasons. I think Nelson would start as well as Sullivan. And also, many Academy players play in the MIAA and get "help" financially.

Chan will have an impact immediately on the Alth. offense. His athletic talents alone especially his quickness and speed will help them. But my only question is who else on the team will be able to help him???

Looks like Atholton has a few players from the Bays U17 (Parker, Nigam, Harris), plus some juniors from the SAC U15 team (Bellamy, Burns, Royalty). My bet is Bellamy. The SAC U15 team plays Region 1 so they probably have more "A" players on their roster.

That's pretty surprising (sounds like you have inside info). Should boost his chances for Player of the Year if it works. Could be a few 5-4 games at Atholton this year!

Heard from kids talking at the Elite 300 Academy camp. He can be the top goal scoring in HC this coming season.

Also Driessen will move up to play attacking CM for WL and look out for him to run over the defense.

Heard from kids talking at the Elite 300 Academy camp. He can be the top goal scoring in HC this coming season.

Also Driessen will move up to play attacking CM for WL and look out for him to run over the defense.

Have either of them played those positions before? Not that easy to go from years playing "D" and suddenly becoming a scorer or a playmaker. I'm sure Chan will get some goals but leading the county is alot to ask and Driessen will have an impact in the middle, "running over defenses", not so sure.

Anyone know what happened to the Bays U17 team they both play for?

according to gotsoccer roster six returning liberty players from fsc united state champ team. ???

franz

teofilak

khouri

debandi

mccracken

stinson

not sure i could narrow it down for carroll county yet........but a few come to mind

khouri - liberty

gruber - north carroll

mckracken - liberty

virbikus (sp) century

kestler - south carroll

Have either of them played those positions before? Not that easy to go from years playing "D" and suddenly becoming a scorer or a playmaker. I'm sure Chan will get some goals but leading the county is alot to ask and Driessen will have an impact in the middle, "running over defenses", not so sure.

Anyone know what happened to the Bays U17 team they both play for?

The Bays United team they both played for combined with another Bays team, Bays Blues. Driessen however has switched to the U17 SAC TEAM that I keep getting slammed for praising even though almost every single Howard County player mentioned is on this team.

As far as Liberty I think they will be a strong strong contender. Along with the FSC UNITED players returning they also have Steven Wittie from the U17 SAC TEAM that was a state finalist. Watch out for Liberty this year, might be the most complete side in 2A... :0

I'm not sure who "slammed" you for touting the SAC team, they're clearly the top team in HoCo at U17 now that Bays are consolidating. I just think it's a mistake to put a ton of emphasis on State Cup. SAC U17 struggled in the Colonial League and FSC finished 3rd in NCSL D2. No doubt they're solid teams, just disagree with the "depth" of talent I guess.

I'm not sure who "slammed" you for touting the SAC team, they're clearly the top team in HoCo at U17 now that Bays are consolidating. I just think it's a mistake to put a ton of emphasis on State Cup. SAC U17 struggled in the Colonial League and FSC finished 3rd in NCSL D2. No doubt they're solid teams, just disagree with the "depth" of talent I guess.

True they struggled in Colonial but this was the first year that teams been together. Only 6 players were on the SAC PREMIER U16 team from the year before they had 12 new players.. Teams don't always gel instantly. And from first hand watching this team at a few tournaments.. they are extremely good. They've been accepted into Disney, Castle, Jefferson and Raliegh Shootout I believe some of the top tournaments in the country.

As for the FSC United I agree that there are some questions as to how strong the team actually is. I think that between U15 and U18 the 16s were the weakest overall age grouping. However, they beat out a tough Potomac squad and beat ASA in the final 2-0 convincingly. (ASA beat out the SAC U16) And the players from the United team that go to Liberty are the stronger players. Teoflick, McCracken, Franz and Khouri (MD ODP) are the top four goalscorers on the team. DeBandi is the starting and only keeper on the team. And Stinson is a returning starter and has been playing sweeper in a 3-4-3 showing good athletic ability.

team. And Stinson is a returning starter and has been playing sweeper in a 3-4-3 showing good athletic ability.

Sweeper- ha ha- so archaic. If that is the case they need a new coach.

Who is the sweeper for Manchester United?