Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fb4l

Harco Football 2010

1,078 posts in this topic

North Harford is the front runner for the Chesapeake from what I hear, and I think the Susq. is down to Bo and Pville.

North Harford is the front runner for the Chesapeake from what I hear, and I think the Susq. is down to Bo and Pville.

I'm almost certain NH won't lead the chesapeake. I can't say too much right now though .

Lotg you must know something the rest of us don't. I say it is between nh and jt.

I know you are a hdg fan. Did brooks get some more kids from deen to transfer. :).

Anyone have any comments about the UCBAC Football Combine last weekend at Harford Tech. I think it is a good thing and they should sponsor more events for different sports as well. UCBAC has an outstanding record for putting teams into state level competition and winning. These events can only help exposing the athletes to quality colleges and sponsors.

Lotg you must know something the rest of us don't. I say it is between nh and jt.

I know you are a hdg fan. Did brooks get some more kids from deen to transfer. :).

Sorry you have such a poor opinion of Coach Brooks. I will speak for him physically in the face of any one here. Despite what you think Coach Brooks never has recruited anyone. Kids come to HdG because they, and their parents want to play for him. Anyone that actually knows Coach will vouch for his good character and understanding of football. He was my coach and I love and respect the guy. And I do know something y'all don't but surely will be discussing in the next few weeks or so.

Sorry you have such a poor opinion of Coach Brooks. I will speak for him physically in the face of any one here. Despite what you think Coach Brooks never has recruited anyone. Kids come to HdG because they, and their parents want to play for him. Anyone that actually knows Coach will vouch for his good character and understanding of football. He was my coach and I love and respect the guy. And I do know something y'all don't but surely will be discussing in the next few weeks or so.

I think Johnny Brooks is a great coach and a Harford County coaching legend but everybody and their mothers know that he has recruited players in the past. Thats just common knowledge.

I think Johnny Brooks is a great coach and a Harford County coaching legend but everybody and their mothers know that he has recruited players in the past. Thats just common knowledge.

And I will say again, Coach Brooks does not recruit players. I know either all the players in question personally, their parents, or a relative. This is the type of gossip that women spread in hair salons. Everybody and their mother knows nothing. Coach may accept kids and welcome them but he does not encourage and recruit. Almost all of these kids have linkss to the coaching staff because everybody knows everybody in the rt 40 corridor. Parents and kids have and continue to make their decisons with no encouragement.

To say JB actively recruits is extremely inaccurate.

The question is not if he recruits or not, but why doesn't he? A head coach should be recruiting and beating the bushes to get the boys to show up for his team. . . Mind you we are not talking about taking someone off of someone else's roster, but the middle schools are fair game. . . and if he is not selling his program the question should be "why not?"

All I'm saying is I'm sure that he hasn't went out and encouraged nobody to leave another school. He was born and raised in HdG and came back to his school to teach and coach and to accuse the man of that in fact calls his ethics in to question. Those that claim to know definetly don't but only speculate like females. A real man wouldn't make claims regarding anothers integrity without facts which don't exist. Don't speak matter of factly with speculation. Players and their parents want to play for the man and don't need encouragement.

The question is not if he recruits or not, but why doesn't he? A head coach should be recruiting and beating the bushes to get the boys to show up for his team. . . Mind you we are not talking about taking someone off of someone else's roster, but the middle schools are fair game. . . and if he is not selling his program the question should be "why not?"

What do you mean "schools." In this county each middle school moves to one specific high school except for magnet programs (HVT, SMA, IB, Ag). You are required ot go to your school so the only school in that case that is fair game is Havre de Grace middle school!

LOTG I knew that would get you going. You are right that some kids and parents want their kids to go to HDG. How they get them in I have no clue. I do know certain star players they had over the last couple years did NOT live in the HDG zone. I didnnt realize Brooks has been there that long. There are 2 other HDG posters in here that are not that high on Brooks so hopefully they will chime in on your thoughts.

I am anxious to here what you got for us. What is Washington coming back?

I dont think anyone has questioned Brooks as a coach just the players he gets from other schools along rt 40. Brooks does do alot with the little he has.

Also you have to remember you are also one of the players that played somewhere else and then transferred to HDG. Not saying that Brooks recruited you but just saying there is a pattern for years this has been happening.

JTowne, you points are completely off the mark. What anyone that know the man would know he doesn't approach. Since you don't know I'm telling you, the parents and kids see what they have and made the decision to do what they do

And don't act like Jtowne doesn't do it because y'all got caught and gave up some games due to it.

The point I'm making is y'all discredit a man that is good all around in an area that you are definetly not in the know with. The kids that we all know have came from other areas all know as do their parents. Check your facts homie.

Do more investigation before you speak on a man better than most purely off speculation. In this area everyone knows each other directly or through familial relations. Everybody knows brooks because he's from the area. And most all of his coaching staff played and went to school in this area..

And to show you again how you speculate and then speak as if you know something, I am born and raised in HdG. My 1st year I played jv in hdg then 10th varsity in Aberdeen because my mother moved there. The next year I moved back with my father and completed school in HdG. Went to Hdg elementary then middle.

Coach Tom Marron was my head Coach and Brooks was off.coordinator. Coach Long, who also is still a teacher and defensive coach at HdG, and HdG graduate, was on the coaching staff when I was there.

See y'all assume too much. HdG has several coaches that actually played at HdG and graduated there with two of them who also came back to teach there. This is why parents want their kids there. These coaches are from here and everyone knows them.

I'm sure there are some Brooks haters but I assure you their hate is not justified. Find one player that claims Coach recruited them. You won't because you can't. Y'all dudes don't know nobody to know how wrong your accusations are.

Get your facts straight.

Lotg game jtowne didn't get caught they turned themselves in when they found out and this was a kid that played at ejs and went to jt their freshman and sophmore year.

You keep defending him as a person and a coach but no one is critizing him personally or as a coach.

it is just a fact kids get into hdg that do not live full time in the hdg zone. It doesn't matter if they have family there or their parents are friends with brooks you go to the school were you live.

Lotg game jtowne didn't get caught they turned themselves in when they found out and this was a kid that played at ejs and went to jt their freshman and sophmore year.

You keep defending him as a person and a coach but no one is critizing him personally or as a coach.

it is just a fact kids get into hdg that do not live full time in the hdg zone. It doesn't matter if they have family there or their parents are friends with brooks you go to the school were you live.

I'm starting to think you use to ride the short bus to Jtown.

I defend my coach as a person because accusing him of recruiting is an attack on him as a person. If you wanna talk about kids playing where they live fine. But don't accuse Coach Brooks of recruiting. Like I said, he may accept and welcome them but he does not recruit or encourage them to leave wherever they where. Your school and others have kids that don't play where they live. It gets done because it can otherwise with all the big mouth in this county it wouldn't. Don't question a good mans integrity.

And tell somebody else that story cause the kid was driving from Dundalk to joppa.

If you wanna play where u live ask yourself how many edgwood kids play for Joppa. What you gonna have when hanson road gets redistricted? If a kid gets a boundry acception then it is within the rules. If a kid moves with a grandparent then guess what, if done properly its within the rules. Likewise if a kid lives in Meadowood and goes to Joppa he can, because its within the rules. Edgewood ain't no more joppa than aberdeen is HdG. If something was going on wrong in HdG it would be shut down because of people like the ones on this forum that would complain as they have. But everything is within the rules.

If you have a problem with play where u live then check your own house first. Don't make it seem like JB is hunting kids down when the fact is kids, along with their parents want to play in HdG. It just so happens that a few can within the rules while others can't. And that includes some Joppa kids that want to. Don't blink homie. See I speak what I KNOW, no speculation.

Your beef is with the few parents and kids that chose HdG without any influence from Coach Brooks. And I didn't say the parents are necessarily friends with Brooks but perhaps a frien of some of the coaching staff of about 5 or 6.

Please stop acting like Joppa doesn't have kids that don't live in Joppatowne.

I've posted enough reread the last one. We can meet up and debate the topic anytime.

Even with the county requesting BGE bills for student athletes that their are always going to be people trying to bend the rules...hasn't this county been notorious having kids make their way up and down route 40? seems like the constant bantering about boundaries CAN'T be the most exciting thing about football in the county....

Anyone make their way to any 7on7 leagues this afternoon? Initial thoughts?

I didn't make it but heard joppa and HdG did well, ironically. HdG had an 8th grader, that does in fact attend HdG middle, at QB. Didn't hear specifics just that it was pretty even.

It is true that if hanson rd gets redistricted to edgewood jtowne would loode a ton of talent. But that side of 24 always went to joppatowne.

Also its not meadowood anymore they are trying to clean it up and renamed it windsor valley. I am sure the new name helped.

I do want to come to one of your sons games his year so we can debate it then or whenever. Its not really that big of a deal to me. I hope hdg and every other team in hc put a good team together because it is only going to help whatever teams get into the playoffs.

I honestly wish washington stayed at hdg. He was very impressive as a freshman. I would have like to see him as a senior.

Stay tuned. Gonna be an exciting year.

By the way, no matter what they name it everyone will continue to call it Meadowood.

I'm starting to think you use to ride the short bus to Jtown.

I defend my coach as a person because accusing him of recruiting is an attack on him as a person. If you wanna talk about kids playing where they live fine. But don't accuse Coach Brooks of recruiting. Like I said, he may accept and welcome them but he does not recruit or encourage them to leave wherever they where. Your school and others have kids that don't play where they live. It gets done because it can otherwise with all the big mouth in this county it wouldn't. Don't question a good mans integrity.

And tell somebody else that story cause the kid was driving from Dundalk to joppa.

If you wanna play where u live ask yourself how many edgwood kids play for Joppa. What you gonna have when hanson road gets redistricted? If a kid gets a boundry acception then it is within the rules. If a kid moves with a grandparent then guess what, if done properly its within the rules. Likewise if a kid lives in Meadowood and goes to Joppa he can, because its within the rules. Edgewood ain't no more joppa than aberdeen is HdG. If something was going on wrong in HdG it would be shut down because of people like the ones on this forum that would complain as they have. But everything is within the rules.

If you have a problem with play where u live then check your own house first. Don't make it seem like JB is hunting kids down when the fact is kids, along with their parents want to play in HdG. It just so happens that a few can within the rules while others can't. And that includes some Joppa kids that want to. Don't blink homie. See I speak what I KNOW, no speculation.

Your beef is with the few parents and kids that chose HdG without any influence from Coach Brooks. And I didn't say the parents are necessarily friends with Brooks but perhaps a frien of some of the coaching staff of about 5 or 6.

Please stop acting like Joppa doesn't have kids that don't live in Joppatowne.

I've posted enough reread the last one. We can meet up and debate the topic anytime.

FYI a large chunk of Edgewood is districted to go to Joppatowne! Also please learn how to spell Joppatowne. It has an e at the end!

The whole harford square, meadow wood area is not being redistricted so joppa will not lose any students from that area. joppa is UNDER full capacity so why would they take players from that school to another school.

I would be interested in the number of returning players each team has. I believe NH returns their starting QB and RB which will clearly give them an edge.

FYI a large chunk of Edgewood is districted to go to Joppatowne! Also please learn how to spell Joppatowne. It has an e at the end!

Please don't be an internet gangster. I could care less how Jtown is spelled. When you're using a mobile device its easier to shorten.

And get a hint and see the context I referenced ewood kids going to Jtown.

HdG will have the best Qb in the area hands down. Whether or not that equates to wins only time will tell.hopefully that answers my friend Jtown's question.