Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fb4l

Harco Football 2010

1,078 posts in this topic

Madison Neddo will also be back next year, He and Washington had very comparable stats while he was at HvdG. So im not sure that it is that easy.

How soon we forget that the top 2 QB's in the UCBAC are returning next season in Wann and Kelly. Do not rule out these two kids either.

I heard that both 7v7 sessions went well. NH was very sound and so was PMill. Also heard that HT was awful, HDG has some athletes, and BA struggled.

Deen looked to be extremely athletic for this early in the spring...some quick closing defensive backs.

I do not care who quarterbacks the HDG team, their concern should be an offensive line to block because they could put anyone at QB who could throw up a half way decent pass and the athleticism from the receivers gives them a chance to make completions and big plays.

BA needs some time to gem with yet another coaching change...7v7 should bring team spirit and brotherhood levels up!

I didn't realize neddo was still playing.

Wann playing in the lower division so his #s will look better.

Is pmill still going to play down. I think they should move up and move Bel Air down.

Who is the new coach at bel Air?

Deen always looked athletic. And finding athletes was never the problem at deen. They picked up a lot of yards last year because of busted plays. If they have the same qb as last year he was good. I think his name was belle. Deen problems was disapline. They would pick up the worse penelaties at the worst time. How will deen look this year loosing their DC?

Lotg hdg is 0-5 agaisnt jtowne over the last 3 years. :)

Also this year Washington is not going to suprise anybody.

Is pmill still going to play down. I think they should move up and move Bel Air down.

Deen always looked athletic. And finding athletes was never the problem at deen. They picked up a lot of yards last year because of busted plays. If they have the same qb as last year he was good. I think his name was belle. Deen problems was disapline. They would pick up the worse penelaties at the worst time. How will deen look this year loosing their DC?

You are a funny guy. I gotta talk to my cousin so we all can get together some time.

We all know what the HdeG vs Joppa history is. Id like to see the results over let's say a period of twenty years or so. I'm sure that will get a laugh.

And believe that you may not be suprised but doesn't mean you will stop. But there may be a couple more suprises for you. Like I said, DON'T BLINK.

Why would BA move down? Elkton was 0-6 in the upper division last season. PMill cannot compete in the upper division. Didn't they finish behind Bo Manor last season in the lower division?

Why would BA move down? Elkton was 0-6 in the upper division last season. PMill cannot compete in the upper division. Didn't they finish behind Bo Manor last season in the lower division?

Well for 1 didnt Bel Air loose to pmill last year and they are returning some good players.

Also with BA haveing a new coach and another new system let them move down for a year or two now they can get some home games next year and get people excited about football at BA and maybe turn their program around. 2 winning season in like 10 seasons and mutiple coachs changes is not good.

P mill has built a very nice and oranized prgram in a very short time. I say move them up. They hung with Urbana last year and beat BA. They might not be very suceesful their first year up but they are doing all the right things to build a program unlike BA.

Lets say pmill stays down and makes the playoffs. First round would be against Jtowne, CSD, snow hill or HDG anyway.

Was Elkton young last year?

Did Bo manor loose alot of kids from last years team?

They lost 5 All County players Cecil's Player of the Year, but Return a solid group of guys.

Perryville also returns a good core group, and North East just gained a great coach in Russel

Well for 1 didnt Bel Air loose to pmill last year and they are returning some good players.

Also with BA haveing a new coach and another new system let them move down for a year or two now they can get some home games next year and get people excited about football at BA and maybe turn their program around. 2 winning season in like 10 seasons and mutiple coachs changes is not good.

P mill has built a very nice and oranized prgram in a very short time. I say move them up. They hung with Urbana last year and beat BA. They might not be very suceesful their first year up but they are doing all the right things to build a program unlike BA.

Lets say pmill stays down and makes the playoffs. First round would be against Jtowne, CSD, snow hill or HDG anyway.

Was Elkton young last year?

Did Bo manor loose alot of kids from last years team?

But just because PMill beat BA does not mean they should move to the upper division. They need to win the lower division first, then they can move up. That will be a difficult task for them because Bo Manor will be tough. PMill does have a very nice program and they have worked hard. They have also had the same coaching staff since they opened, at least on the varsity level. BA is going to take some lumps this season. The previous staff was doing a great job of getting the kids into the weight room, building a solid program, and building to make a run for the 2A playoffs this season. They have some good talent and were going to be around 6-4, 7-3 this coming season if they kept the coaching staff in place

Is this the year CMW turns it around? Is seems they may have lost alot. Anyone got any info?

But just because PMill beat BA does not mean they should move to the upper division. They need to win the lower division first, then they can move up. That will be a difficult task for them because Bo Manor will be tough. PMill does have a very nice program and they have worked hard. They have also had the same coaching staff since they opened, at least on the varsity level. BA is going to take some lumps this season. The previous staff was doing a great job of getting the kids into the weight room, building a solid program, and building to make a run for the 2A playoffs this season. They have some good talent and were going to be around 6-4, 7-3 this coming season if they kept the coaching staff in place

But you said that PM cant compete in the upper but they beat BA.

Why do you think BA should be in the upper instead of pmill?

I think someone can correct me if I am wrong but when they reclassify the teams I think they also take into consideration who the teams return. Didn't Elkton a couple years ago fight moving up because they had a really good year but most of the team were senior so they knew the next year they were going to have it tough.

I also think BA going 7-3 next year would be a stretch.

When do the classifications come out?

Is this the year CMW turns it around? Is seems they may have lost alot. Anyone got any info?

CMW did lose a lot, starting QB gone, starting RB gone, leading wideout gone, and they lost some on both lines as well. Could be a tough year.

CMW has dedicated players but they just lack talent and size. The coaching is outstanding though and they are trying to turn it around.

But you said that PM cant compete in the upper but they beat BA.

Why do you think BA should be in the upper instead of pmill?

I think someone can correct me if I am wrong but when they reclassify the teams I think they also take into consideration who the teams return. Didn't Elkton a couple years ago fight moving up because they had a really good year but most of the team were senior so they knew the next year they were going to have it tough.

I also think BA going 7-3 next year would be a stretch.

When do the classifications come out?[/QUO

PMill cannot even win the lower division so why should they move up? BA showed that they could hang, last season, in the upper by beating CMW and Aberdeen. Both of which, in my opinion, would beat PMill. PMill will be much more competitive in the lower division then in the upper division. Playing NH, Joppa, Fallston, etc. takes a toll on even the bigger schools. They do not have the numbers to compete, nor the athletes. HDG was 10-0 in the lower division and struggled at times in the upper. Got beat by Joppa, NH, almost lost to BA last season. My opinion, if you cannot win the lower division, you should not even be considered to move up. Also, if you are not even the worst team in the upper, you should not move down. If anyone should move down it should be Elkton or CMW. Bo Manor should be the team to move up, not PMill.

BA, if they kept the staff in place, would be around 7-3, 6-4 next season. They were doing great things. By winning the last 3 games against CMW, Elkton, and at Aberdeen, they were moving in the right direction. All of the skill players are returning as well.

Fiinally, football talk again!

Elkton returns quite a bit and hopefully the coaches have that first year out of the way and they can get back to winning some games. I know just about the entire line returns and some boys have been in the weight room all year long. Lot of excitement to turn it around this year with a new stadium. They have just finished the stadium, new locker room, new look, looks nice. Like a real high school stadium. I also heard they were doing the field like Jtowne has. Real grass but the rubber plugs to soften it up or something. Now hopefully they can snap out of the slump. After starting 3-0, they lost 7 in a row. Ouch.

Jtowne, not sure about El;kton fighting to stay down a few years ago but I hear they they take class year into consideration. I do know we play the exact schedule as last year just flip flop the sites.

Cecil county should really be interesting this year. I know Bo lost a lot but do return some key players, Neddo included, and have a coach that always keeps them in games. Coach Russell surprised everyone by coming out of retirement and taking the North East job. Might take a couple years but I am sure he will turn that program around. Pville really don't know too much about what they return and I did hear Rising Sun did lose a lot of seniors...... So, not really sure what to expect. Can't wait for it to start......

BA does have a three game winning streak going in to this upcoming season. Lets not forget how posters felt they were suppose to win 1 game all of last season. It looked like the Cats were destined for that type of season but then had convincing solid victories over Elkton, CMW, and Aberdeen to end the season. They were in a tight one with HDG in the cold rain of North Harford and the win at Aberdeen knocked them out of playoff contension.

Keys for the Bobcats

-Can the new staff continue to progress and give Bel Air a winning season?

-Can they replace a senior led offensive line so that their skill players can make big plays?

-Can they fill secondary voids that were only average last season?

BA does have a three game winning streak going in to this upcoming season. Lets not forget how posters felt they were suppose to win 1 game all of last season. It looked like the Cats were destined for that type of season but then had convincing solid victories over Elkton, CMW, and Aberdeen to end the season. They were in a tight one with HDG in the cold rain of North Harford and the win at Aberdeen knocked them out of playoff contension.

Keys for the Bobcats

-Can the new staff continue to progress and give Bel Air a winning season?

-Can they replace a senior led offensive line so that their skill players can make big plays?

-Can they fill secondary voids that were only average last season?

No, the new staff will not continue to progress. They will regress due to the lack of experience on staff and the fact that they are changing the offense to a strictly wing-t. Replacing the OL will also be tough. They will all be underclassmen. The secondary will struggle again due to the lack of coaching in that area and because they will be young. This was the year that BA was going to show big improvements. After this season they will be moving back up to the 3A. That region is very tough.

As far as the rest of the county, NH, Joppa, and HDG will be tops. HDG is getting the Washington kid back and NH has the best RB in the county coming back. Joppa always "finds" talent in that school and Wiabel is a great coach. Losing Epe will be a tough loss but I heard that the kid who will be replacing him is better!

Sure would like to see the Bel Air vs. JC rivalry start up again.

I sure would like to see Harford county playing every county team again.

MPSSAA reclassifications takes place every 2 years, this being the 2nd year of current classifications. I believe and I could be wrong in the UCBAC football does every 2 years, as most football schedules are done on 2 year contracts. If it has gone to one year than the mover is determined by division record, and a team can protest the move.

As far as the rest of the county, NH, Joppa, and HDG will be tops. HDG is getting the Washington kid back and NH has the best RB in the county coming back. Joppa always "finds" talent in that school and Wiabel is a great coach. Losing Epe will be a tough loss but I heard that the kid who will be replacing him is better!

rumor has it Epe and Hawkins are back or coming back. Add them to Wright, Scott, Case, and the Taylor brothers. Jt will be stacked at key positions.

Who was the kid you heard that is suppose to replace Epe. That kid must be really good because it would be hard to replace him. Also he has another little bro Trey that is suppose to be really good and young.

So if they all return the only key looses to Jt will be McGinnes, Miller, and Harper.

I would like to see the JC and jtowne game start back up.

MPSSAA reclassifications takes place every 2 years, this being the 2nd year of current classifications. I believe and I could be wrong in the UCBAC football does every 2 years, as most football schedules are done on 2 year contracts. If it has gone to one year than the mover is determined by division record, and a team can protest the move.

Do they account for new schools growing? For example, Pmill was obviously a 1A when they opened with less than four grades. However they continue to compete in 1A despite having an enrollment (949) that is bigger than half the 2A schools (per MPSSAA page). I didn't really notice it as much in football as I did in the girls field hockey and lacrosse. They went far in the playoffs but didn't have to face 2A schools like Fallston and Century. I guess they get a free ride until the reclass occurs.

PMill cannot even win the lower division so why should they move up? BA showed that they could hang, last season, in the upper by beating CMW and Aberdeen. Both of which, in my opinion, would beat PMill. PMill will be much more competitive in the lower division then in the upper division. Playing NH, Joppa, Fallston, etc. takes a toll on even the bigger schools. They do not have the numbers to compete, nor the athletes. HDG was 10-0 in the lower division and struggled at times in the upper. Got beat by Joppa, NH, almost lost to BA last season. My opinion, if you cannot win the lower division, you should not even be considered to move up. Also, if you are not even the worst team in the upper, you should not move down. If anyone should move down it should be Elkton or CMW. Bo Manor should be the team to move up, not PMill.

Ok when HDG went 10-0 in the lower they had Hines, another QB and Washington. Last year they lost Washington and had to put a reciever in QB and it took a couple games and then they did fine. If they didnt loose washington last year totally different team. But how do you say they Struggled. They only lost to Jtowne and NH in the upeer division they dropped 40 on CMW, 34 on Elkton and 45 on Fallston. I wouldnt call that struggling at all.

Let me get this straight pmill was good enough to beat Bel Air and go to the wire with 8-3 Urbana and lost by a TD to a very good 10-2 Chesapeake team. But P mill is not good enough to beat teams that BA beat. Sorry but Chesapeake and Urbana are every bit as good as Joppatowne and North Harford if not better.

You keep saying key wins for Bel Air were over a 6-4 Deen team and a 3-7 CMW team.

I can see the arguement that BM should move up since they are returning players and Neddo Being a main part of that.

Do they account for new schools growing? For example, Pmill was obviously a 1A when they opened with less than four grades. However they continue to compete in 1A despite having an enrollment (949) that is bigger than half the 2A schools (per MPSSAA page). I didn't really notice it as much in football as I did in the girls field hockey and lacrosse. They went far in the playoffs but didn't have to face 2A schools like Fallston and Century. I guess they get a free ride until the reclass occurs.

When the do the classifiaction for the state they do grades 9th, 10th, and 11th. That is done every 2 years.