Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fb4l

Harco Football 2010

1,078 posts in this topic

Do they account for new schools growing? For example, Pmill was obviously a 1A when they opened with less than four grades. However they continue to compete in 1A despite having an enrollment (949) that is bigger than half the 2A schools (per MPSSAA page). I didn't really notice it as much in football as I did in the girls field hockey and lacrosse. They went far in the playoffs but didn't have to face 2A schools like Fallston and Century. I guess they get a free ride until the reclass occurs.

They only count your 9-11 graders that previous year (based on 2008-2009 school year currently). middle school kids do not count. They will readjust if you have a greater then significant growth or drop in enrollment. No one gets a free pass.

rumor has it Epe and Hawkins are back or coming back. Add them to Wright, Scott, Case, and the Taylor brothers. Jt will be stacked at key positions.

Who was the kid you heard that is suppose to replace Epe. That kid must be really good because it would be hard to replace him. Also he has another little bro Trey that is suppose to be really good and young.

So if they all return the only key looses to Jt will be McGinnes, Miller, and Harper.

I would like to see the JC and jtowne game start back up.

I dont think that Epe will be back next year. And who would replace Epe at joppatowne i think he was one of the greatest backs they ever had. Joppa will stuggle with there line next year on both sides of the ball. I am excited to see who takes over the job for harper. Any ideas on that?

Also I made it to a few of NH games last year. They will have the best rb in the county this year no doubt. Will be some goods games next year!

I dont think that Epe will be back next year. And who would replace Epe at joppatowne i think he was one of the greatest backs they ever had. Joppa will stuggle with there line next year on both sides of the ball. I am excited to see who takes over the job for harper. Any ideas on that?

Also I made it to a few of NH games last year. They will have the best rb in the county this year no doubt. Will be some goods games next year!

I think one of the taylor brothers or Jonathan Pace would replace Harper. Pace was a freshman last year that they pulled up o Varsity.

There are so many rumors going on about Epe So until AUg 15th we will nto know what is up with jt. Even then we wont know will know for sure.

Chris Wright would fill in for Epe. This will also be his 3rd year on V and he got A LOT of carries last year and raked up a bunch of yards. He played that postition on until they got Epe back last year like the 4th game.

I dont know if I would say Epe was one of the greatest backs they ever had. He ranks up there with the best of them but Joppatowne always has good backs some play rb and others play QB. They just always have small lines.

Why would bo manor move up, The senior class that just graduated was one of the highest in a long time and that was only 196. Just because Neddo is back doesn't mean they should be moved up.

And Replacing Mcginnis is much harder said then done, I remember you speaking highly of him having over was it 500 tackles or something? And Replacing Harper who was dominate on both sides of the ball is also going to be a hard task.

Ok when HDG went 10-0 in the lower they had Hines, another QB and Washington. Last year they lost Washington and had to put a reciever in QB and it took a couple games and then they did fine. If they didnt loose washington last year totally different team. But how do you say they Struggled. They only lost to Jtowne and NH in the upeer division they dropped 40 on CMW, 34 on Elkton and 45 on Fallston. I wouldnt call that struggling at all.

Let me get this straight pmill was good enough to beat Bel Air and go to the wire with 8-3 Urbana and lost by a TD to a very good 10-2 Chesapeake team. But P mill is not good enough to beat teams that BA beat. Sorry but Chesapeake and Urbana are every bit as good as Joppatowne and North Harford if not better.

You keep saying key wins for Bel Air were over a 6-4 Deen team and a 3-7 CMW team.

I can see the arguement that BM should move up since they are returning players and Neddo Being a main part of that.

Moving up and moving down have nothing to do with who is returning and who is not returning. It is about who wins the lower division and who finishes last in the upper division. PMill did not win the lower division, therefore has no business in the upper division. BA did not finish last in the upper division, therefore should not be moved down. And the man in charge at BA would never allow his team to move down. He would petition all the way to Ned Sparks!

Yes, those two wins for BA over Aberdeen and CMW were big wins. Both on the road and capped a three game win streak to end the season. Aberdeen lost to JT 6-0 and put up 30+ on NH and lost by a TD. I would say beating them is a big win. I also said HDG struggled at times, not all season. Yes, they beat Fallston, Elkton, and CMW badly. Against JT, NH, and even BA (a game they won), they struggled. That is all I am saying. And if HDG struggled in those games, what would PMill do? HDG would pound PMill.

When HDG went 10-0 they had Hines and Washington, not another QB. Another kid took snaps at times, but he was not a QB!

The bottom line is if PMill wins the lower division this season, by all means, they deserve to move up, and whoever finishes last in the upper deserve to move down. We will have to wait and see who those two teams are.

j towne and swim, thanks for the education. I did not know that they only counted grades 9-11

Funny thing is that football is the only sport that moves up down down divisions on a 2 year cycle. The other sports move up and down yearly.

Moving up and moving down have nothing to do with who is returning and who is not returning. It is about who wins the lower division and who finishes last in the upper division. PMill did not win the lower division, therefore has no business in the upper division. BA did not finish last in the upper division, therefore should not be moved down. And the man in charge at BA would never allow his team to move down. He would petition all the way to Ned Sparks!

Yes, those two wins for BA over Aberdeen and CMW were big wins. Both on the road and capped a three game win streak to end the season. Aberdeen lost to JT 6-0 and put up 30+ on NH and lost by a TD. I would say beating them is a big win. I also said HDG struggled at times, not all season. Yes, they beat Fallston, Elkton, and CMW badly. Against JT, NH, and even BA (a game they won), they struggled. That is all I am saying. And if HDG struggled in those games, what would PMill do? HDG would pound PMill.

When HDG went 10-0 they had Hines and Washington, not another QB. Another kid took snaps at times, but he was not a QB!

The bottom line is if PMill wins the lower division this season, by all means, they deserve to move up, and whoever finishes last in the upper deserve to move down. We will have to wait and see who those two teams are.

I personally could care less who moves up or down. I just think it would be good for the BA program to move down for a year and maybe have a winning season and maybe make playoffs. What a way to start off football in Bel Air with a new staff and new stadium and get the kids in BA excited about playing football. I think that would be good for the program.

Or they can just stay in the upper division and have another loosing season and nothing changes and nothing changes except for the staff and that is what I think will happen.

I personally think that Pmill is doing all the right things within the program that they could move up and their program could handle it. I am not saying they would win it all but I think they would suprise a couple teams and finish atleast 500.

Snaps were split between Washington and another kid. The other kid was good also. Also inthe playoff game HDG didnt struggle at all. It was a close game adn jt only won by a td.

And about teams that struggled. Jt stuggled against Nh and Deen. They also struggle against BM for almost 3 Q. Even Fallston was moving the ball good against JT. So who cares. NH D shut out JT O. JT won because they score 2 special team TDs.

Funny thing is that football is the only sport that moves up down down divisions on a 2 year cycle. The other sports move up and down yearly.

The MPSSAA reclassify every school in the state every 2 years. It doesnt matter the sport.

The UCBAC does move schools up and down on a yearly basis in football. Couple years ago I think Rising Sun came up just for 1 year.

Cecil County Teams Key Returnees and Losses

North East:

Key losses: John Kline, Andrew Milliner

Key Returners: Mark Mcenvoy

Perryville:

Key Returners: Joe Peaker, Jacob Morgan, Jordan Amos

Key Losses: Tony Dimauro, James Hopkins, Jordan Lilly

Elkton:

Key Returners: Gaston Tillery, Caleb Robinson, Mike Pierson, Siare Msackyi

Key Loses: Kenyatta Carter, Jeff Ondish, Chad Buckland,

Bohemia Manor:

Key Returners: Madison Neddo, Kyle Thompson, Tyler Britton, Connor Countryman,

Key Losses: Mark Gatewood, Corey Becker, Corey Mcdaniel, Cam Blackiston, Matt White

Rising Sun:

Key Returners: Dominic Massiamiano,

Key Losses: Jason Robinson, Haydan Roberts, Andrew Baranksi, Bryant Hurley

I personally could care less who moves up or down. I just think it would be good for the BA program to move down for a year and maybe have a winning season and maybe make playoffs. What a way to start off football in Bel Air with a new staff and new stadium and get the kids in BA excited about playing football. I think that would be good for the program.

Or they can just stay in the upper division and have another loosing season and nothing changes and nothing changes except for the staff and that is what I think will happen.

I personally think that Pmill is doing all the right things within the program that they could move up and their program could handle it. I am not saying they would win it all but I think they would suprise a couple teams and finish atleast 500.

Snaps were split between Washington and another kid. The other kid was good also. Also inthe playoff game HDG didnt struggle at all. It was a close game adn jt only won by a td.

And about teams that struggled. Jt stuggled against Nh and Deen. They also struggle against BM for almost 3 Q. Even Fallston was moving the ball good against JT. So who cares. NH D shut out JT O. JT won because they score 2 special team TDs.

BA football and playoffs? Take away the two years of the twins and when did BA last make the playoffs? You cannot be serious! I did say they could finish 6-4 , 7-3, but never said anything about making the playoffs.

BA football, regardless of who the coach is, will never be succesful as long as the principal is still there. Everyone knows who runs the program at BA. Ask Riley, Belcastro, and Alegi. He has been there for 5-6 years and is on his

4th head football coach.

When it comes to HarCo football BA should never be in the conversation. It should be HDG, PMill, NH, and Joppa.

BA football and playoffs? Take away the two years of the twins and when did BA last make the playoffs? You cannot be serious! I did say they could finish 6-4 , 7-3, but never said anything about making the playoffs.

98 was the last time they made the playoffs before the Berry Twins. I think the lost to Friendly in the 3a Quarter Finals and before that was 1982 and they made it to the B conference semi finals.

I am just saying if they go into the lower division they have a shot at winning 6 or so games and might make playoffs.

Also 7-3 could put them into playoffs. Last year in Bel Air's division Wicomico got into the playoffs with a 7-3 record.

BA football, regardless of who the coach is, will never be succesful as long as the principal is still there. Everyone knows who runs the program at BA. Ask Riley, Belcastro, and Alegi. He has been there for 5-6 years and is on his

4th head football coach.

When it comes to HarCo football BA should never be in the conversation. It should be HDG, PMill, NH, and Joppa.

Don't forget Phyllis

Why would bo manor move up, The senior class that just graduated was one of the highest in a long time and that was only 196. Just because Neddo is back doesn't mean they should be moved up.

And Replacing Mcginnis is much harder said then done, I remember you speaking highly of him having over was it 500 tackles or something? And Replacing Harper who was dominate on both sides of the ball is also going to be a hard task.

Hopefully you meant "easier' said than done. Jake signed a football scholarship with Western Illinois University, a DI school -- link to press release: http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=50026&SPID=4963&DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=204938501

During his varsity years, he had 499 tackles. His Senior year, he had 168 tackles - 118 of them solo, 48 for a loss, 12 QB sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

Hopefully you meant "easier' said than done. Jake signed a football scholarship with Western Illinois University, a DI school -- link to press release: http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=50026&SPID=4963&DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=204938501

During his varsity years, he had 499 tackles. His Senior year, he had 168 tackles - 118 of them solo, 48 for a loss, 12 QB sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

McGinnis was VERY good! His stats were a little padded, Waibel has been know to do that, but he was good. I am glad to see him moving on to the D1 level. He will put on about 20 lbs of muscle and do really well at WIU. Who is going to replace him? Maybe someone from Middle River or Balto City will "move" to Joppa!

Joppatowne will find another hard-nosed kid to fill his spot.

Cecil County Teams Key Returnees and Losses

Elkton:

Key Returners: Gaston Tillery, Caleb Robinson, Mike Pierson, Siare Msackyi

Key Loses: Kenyatta Carter, Jeff Ondish, Chad Buckland,

Tillery is not playing this year. Look for Colby Barclay to take the snaps. He stepped in at the end of last year for Tillery. Also a two year starter both ways at TE/DE, Zach Tuckmantel returns for Elkton. 4 linemen that started or has seen action also return for the Elks.

I have heard rumors Voskuhl (sp?) may retire in the middle of next year? How will this impact Bel Air?

If in fact this rumor is true it will obviously not impact Bel Air this fall. Any issues would be with the 2011 season and who is in line to step in as principal. I am pretty sure since Voskuhl has been through the whole building project of the new high school and athletic facility he will certainly want to see the fields open on time in the fall...

Other than that he has hired a new coach and Bel Air will go from there.

Anyone heard how the teams are doing in their 7 0n 7 seasons? Was wondering how everyone looks. I think they've got a couple weeks under their belts now, so we should start to see what 2010 might look like.

Anyone heard how the teams are doing in their 7 0n 7 seasons? Was wondering how everyone looks. I think they've got a couple weeks under their belts now, so we should start to see what 2010 might look like.

North Harford and the Maryland Christian Saints ( home school) both look very good. Their Qb's throw and execute well and both defenses are playing soundly.

Both these teams are in a league with CMW, Pmill, and Fallston and play up at North Harford high school. Fallston has some impressive new talent at the QB and WR spots, although i do not know either of their names.

Pmill has Zeller and Daniels that both ctach well and make plays, although Daniels was injured in the second game of the league.

CMW has Laguerre, Mangones, and Hancock who are all very able playmakers when a good pass is thrown their way. This seems to be the issue with the mustangs though, as their QB struggles with consistency and accuracy.

how is the 7 on 7 looking up at NH this month? I hear a lot of good things. Any stand outs? how the teams looking. I havent found time to make it up there yet.