Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HolyCow

More From Huff

35 posts in this topic

"I'm having a blast. I like playing baseball right now," said Huff, who went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and three runs. "I've been on that side. It's not fun, believe me. [i had] nine straight years of that. It kind of wears on you. You come here every day, and I finally feel like I'm in the big leagues."

Ouch! In the three-game series, they went 5-for-33 (.152) with runners in scoring position and stranded 33 runners. It continued their season-long woes in clutch spots — the Orioles are hitting a major league-worst .213 with runners in scoring position.

"I'm having a blast. I like playing baseball right now," said Huff, who went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and three runs. "I've been on that side. It's not fun, believe me. [i had] nine straight years of that. It kind of wears on you. You come here every day, and I finally feel like I'm in the big leagues."

Ouch! In the three-game series, they went 5-for-33 (.152) with runners in scoring position and stranded 33 runners. It continued their season-long woes in clutch spots — the Orioles are hitting a major league-worst .213 with runners in scoring position.

Would someone please remind me what the O's got in exchange for Huff? Was this another one of Andy's masterful moves?

Aubrey Huff 2010 salary: $3,000,000.

Garrett Atkins 2010 salary: $4,000,000.

Yes because everyone here wanted Andy to sign Huff in the off season. Im sure nobody would have had a problem with that. Hindsight is soo awesome.

Yes because everyone here wanted Andy to sign Huff in the off season. Im sure nobody would have had a problem with that. Hindsight is soo awesome.

Huff

Glaus

Branyan

LaRoche

Atkins

Throw a blanket over them, and take your chances. MacPhail wanted Atkins in a bad way.

Huff

Glaus

Branyan

LaRoche

Atkins

Throw a blanket over them, and take your chances. MacPhail wanted Atkins in a bad way.

Former cub.

McPhail in interested in Jake Fox.Former cub.

Huff is a lifetime .280 hitter with power. I can see giving him away if the PLAN is to bring in young prospects to gain experience. However, it makes NO SENSE to give up a proven player who can play 1B and 3B and replace him with old guys new to those positions. Bizarre moves like that give the distinct impression that all the talk about a PLAN is pure BS and that Andy's just making things up as he goes along.

People bashed Huff on this board but he put up decent numbers in Baltimore. Letting him go was one of MacPhail's worst moves:cool:

People bashed Huff on this board but he put up decent numbers in Baltimore. Letting him go was one of MacPhail's worst moves:cool:

To replace him with Atkins at a higher cost was a bonehead move.

If I recall, people turned on Huff after he made a remark about Charm City or its fans ... don't recall which. It's pretty hard to throw tomatoes at his overall body of work ... especially considering the clown they signed to replace him.

if the Os had re-signed huff to play 1B, people would have been demanding AM's resignation on the spot.

i love the 20-20 hindsight... typical

if the Os had re-signed huff to play 1B, people would have been demanding AM's resignation on the spot.

This.............................

You are one of the few that expected Atkins to have a better year.

I knew Atkins was going to be a bust and a waste of money when he signed so no 20-20 there.

expecting him to have a better year than he had in 2009 isn't saying much, if anything.

and i don't ever recall saying that.

i would also point out that my statement was regarding huff, not atkins.

but go ahead and take my statements and twist them whatever way you please.

If I recall, people turned on Huff after he made a remark about Charm City or its fans ... don't recall which. It's pretty hard to throw tomatoes at his overall body of work ... especially considering the clown they signed to replace him.

The thing is, Atkins was originally signed to replace MelMo at third. He was moved to first when Miggi was signed. (No argument about the clown comment ;) )

Would someone please remind me what the O's got in exchange for Huff? Was this another one of Andy's masterful moves?

Do I get a prize if I have the answer? Never mind, it could not be much of a prize. Brett Jacobson who has been pitching middle relief in Frederick and doing a very nice job of it. He will work out well when they have Orioles basketball games. very good small forward.

Do I get a prize if I have the answer? Never mind, it could not be much of a prize. Brett Jacobson who has been pitching middle relief in Frederick and doing a very nice job of it. He will work out well when they have Orioles basketball games. very good small forward.

After 3 years of A ball maybe he's figured out how to get A league hitters out. He's done ok but why hasn't he moved up by now? He'll be 24 in November so he's facing younger hitters. Kind of hard to get a gauge on him.

I also looked him up earlier. ;)

The rational point was to find an upgrade from Huff, Salazar, Wiggenton, Scott, Aubrey, Hughes, Millar, Chris Gomez, Conine, Gibbons, Surhoff, Alajandro Friere, Walter Young

Totally agree!

People love to be "right" here. Moreso than supporting the team they supposedly root for.

TM

The rational point was to find an upgrade from Huff, Salazar, Wiggenton, Scott, Aubrey, Hughes, Millar, Chris Gomez, Conine, Gibbons, Surhoff, Alajandro Friere, Walter Young

I wouldn't lump Surhoff in with that group. Niner, either.

Agreed letting Huff go was the WORST move Andy made as far as who to let go, we should have resigned him this offseason, then dealt him again.

Agreed letting Huff go was the WORST move Andy made as far as who to let go, we should have resigned him this offseason, then dealt him again.

make this post in the offseason next time ok? who here though huff was going to hit like he is? i know detroit didnt the team we traded him to and he hit like .200 while there

make this post in the offseason next time ok? who here though huff was going to hit like he is? i know detroit didnt the team we traded him to and he hit like .200 while there

I agree 100%, this is one of the biggest cases of hindsight being 20/20, who wanted him last off season, and it would have been an uproar if they resigned him.

Huff's a good player if he plays every day! That ball into the Cove was jacked. He's on a pennant contender, which makes coming to the park exciting, knowing his team has a chance to win. Look at Wiggington. He's been type-cast throughout his career as a role player. And his numbers are up this year because he plays every day. If only he had a lineup with a couple of other guys who could hit............

The thing is, Atkins was originally signed to replace MelMo at third. He was moved to first when Miggi was signed. (No argument about the clown comment ;) )

... which clown I was talkin' about?

;)