Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sandiegosean

Tambroni To Penn State

46 posts in this topic

no surprise, unless they get overwhelmed by money compared to their other options, cp ain't a destination.

no surprise, unless they get overwhelmed by money compared to their other options, cp ain't a destination.

Have you ever been to State College? I know it's a long trip from Indy. I think this had to do with expectations more than location, although Tambs like the podunk lifestyle.

Have you ever been to State College? I know it's a long trip from Indy. I think this had to do with expectations more than location, although Tambs like the podunk lifestyle.

Yeah. He took the low expectations route. That will give him at least 5 years.

i'm sure you have sean...around the world in 80 days again, eh? the man doesn't have to spring thousands for pvt skools like he would in md, is able to live within 5 miles of campus, no congestion, no race "issues", college towns are quaint still offer cultural amenities. i lived in pittsburgh...western pa people are the best in the country...the best sean, the best!...balty/dc is an armpit.

but...hey...it was your hero's decision...so i guess he only agrees with me. buhehehe. oh, and i guess count all of paterno's assistants who choose to stay for decades in state college rather than take head coaching jobs.

like i said, it was all about money, tilly said it himself...all things equal, he was staying in beautiful boston...and "expectations"...at umcp?...eternal part-time home of .500 fridge?? buhahahaha! cottles contract ran out...u think he woulda been bounced with any time left on it?? buhehehe.

i'm sure you have sean...around the world in 80 days again, eh? the man doesn't have to spring thousands for pvt skools like he would in md, is able to live within 5 miles of campus, no congestion, no race "issues", college towns are quaint still offer cultural amenities. i lived in pittsburgh...western pa people are the best in the country...the best sean, the best!...i'm sure you can tell us all about pittsburgh too though...balty/dc is an armpit.

but...hey...it was your hero's decision...so i guess he only agrees with me. buhehehe. oh, and i guess count all of paterno's assistants who choose to stay for decades in state college rather than take head coaching jobs.

like i said, tilly's decision was all about money, and it will always have to be with crappy cp...tilly said it himself...all things equal, he was staying in beautiful boston...and "expectations"...at umcp?...eternal part-time home of .500 fridge?? buhahahaha! cottles contract ran out...u think he woulda been bounced with any time left on it?? buhehehe. tilly knows 7 years means 7 years at umcp...as your hero tamboloni or whatever knew...and he still opted out.

I think Penn State is a sleeping Giant. Pennsylvania is probably the 3rd best Lacrosse state, and Penn State has in state tuition for those players. Penn State also has a lot of money, good facilities, and good campus life. I could see them turning into a power... then again Cornell was already a power, so he must of really got paid and have some great camp opportunities.

but getting paid wasn't enough to get him to cp...

why would tamboni decline an interview at umcp and then later accept an interview at psu? he had no numbers when making those astute decisions.

why would gait, pressler and tamboni all decline umcp interviews?

why would tamboni decline an interview at umcp and then later accept an interview at psu? he had no numbers when making those astute decisions.

why would gait, pressler and tamboni all decline umcp interviews?

because the expectations are higer at MD. They just fired a coach with a 93/38, three final fours and all tourney invitations. Alot of guys can't handle that pressure. Art, yes i have been to State college and pittsburgh, but wasn't stpid enough to live in either. Do you not travel at all on your architect salary?

He goes from the IVY to the "easier" CAA ;)

Seems like the CAA gets more respect with the Polls and Tournament Committee, even though it seems like IVY has some pretty good teams. CAA has UMass, Towson, Hofstra, Delaware, which all made the final four in the last 10 years, and Drexel who had a pretty good ranking last year. Now the League has Tambroni, I would say it is probably the 2nd deepest conference in college lacrosse.

nobody thinx in terms of conferences in lax.

because the expectations are higer at MD. They just fired a coach with a 93/38, three final fours and all tourney invitations.

ooooww...tamboni and all those other guys were real scared...ooooww...buhehehe. u avoided the "expectations" that .500 fridge has been failing to live up to. buhehehe. u can google this but there's some lax article that sez umcp is one of the least appealing jobs...citing tamboni..."dilapidated facilities" is a direct quote. i don't think they said anything about "dilapidated town" and "dilapidated public skools" though. buhehehe.

how ridiculous u are...try stepping out of the buddy beardmore era for once...there's too many better options now...cp is a dump sean, a dump.

Alot of guys can't handle that pressure. Art, yes i have been to State college and pittsburgh, but wasn't stpid enough to live in either. Do you not travel at all on your architect salary?

please...keep the hot-air for your balloon.

because the expectations are higer at MD. They just fired a coach with a 93/38, three final fours and all tourney invitations.

ooooww...tamboni and all those other guys were real scared...ooooww...buhehehe. u avoided the "expectations" that .500 fridge has been failing to live up to. buhehehe. u can google this but there's some lax article that sez umcp is one of the least appealing jobs after tamboni and all those guys took a pass..."dilapidated facilities" is a direct quote from the author. i don't think they said anything about "dilapidated town" and "dilapidated public skools" though. buhehehe.

umcp is no more the destination for coaches than for local stud recruits that know better and never sign. buhehehe.

how ridiculous your post is...try stepping out of the buddy beardmore era for once...there's too many better options now...cp is a dump sean, a dump.

u also avoided the fact that tilly said the only reason he took this job was moolah. buhehehe.

Alot of guys can't handle that pressure. Art, yes i have been to State college and pittsburgh, but wasn't stpid enough to live in either. Do you not travel at all on your architect salary?

please...save the hot-air for your 'round the world balloon.

ooooww...tamboni and all those other guys were real scared...ooooww...buhehehe. u avoided the "expectations" that .500 fridge has been failing to live up to. buhehehe. u can google this but there's some lax article put out after all those guys passed on interviews stating that umcp is one of the least appealing jobs..."dilapidated facilities" is a direct quote from the author. i don't think they said anything about "dilapidated town" and "dilapidated public skools" though. buhehehe.

umcp is no more the destination for coaches than for local stud recruits that know better and never sign. buhehehe.

how ridiculous your post is...try stepping out of the buddy beardmore era for once...there's too many better options now...cp is a dump sean, a dump.

u also avoided the fact that tilly said the only reason he took this job was moolah. buhehehe.

FYI - The neo-Nazi (aka, "the Holcaust never happened"), known as Room222, lives in the "Dena" not too far from the Burnie.

You sully the good people of Indy by assuming he's from there.

People that have been posting here for years know he's one sick individual, with anti-semite and racist roots that go deep. Put on your ignore list, or please don't quote him.

buhehehe. heat gettin' to ya, eh slappy?

Baltimore Sun's POY Rustin Bryant's destination in UMCP.

Further Emmett Cahill and Brian Cooper on the 1st team All-Met have their destination as UMCP.

:confused:

ooooww...tamboni and all those other guys were real scared...ooooww...buhehehe. u avoided the "expectations" that .500 fridge has been failing to live up to. buhehehe. u can google this but there's some lax article put out after all those guys passed on interviews stating that umcp is one of the least appealing jobs..."dilapidated facilities" is a direct quote from the author. i don't think they said anything about "dilapidated town" and "dilapidated public skools" though. buhehehe.

On point as usual! :) Keep telling it like it is!

Baltimore Sun's POY Rustin Bryant's destination in UMCP.

Further Emmett Cahill and Brian Cooper on the 1st team All-Met have their destination as UMCP.

:confused:

to be fair, i was talking the revenue sports which is a slam dunk no-brainer but umcp always gets a few local scraps in lax...but u wanna play rough...ok...i play rough.

1. gee...ohio state has the same # of guys from balty all-met than umcp. figure that one out...

2. the dc all-met has a grand total of 1 guy that committed locally to umcp.

2. check out the uner-armor south team...all those md guys...but how many umcp's? the nd's and unc's loox like a virus outbreak...buhehehe.

http://www.miaasports.net/sports/lacrosse/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=3515

granted, i think this tilly guy will do ok simply by invoking harvard in front of parents. i also think he will lament his decision. money walx and uh...hey slappy, how's that cliche go?

1) So OSU is getting some decent players from MD. The contention is whether UMCP is getting good players from Maryland which they are. The Terps also have Jay Carlson as a verbal commit for a junior. How many guys does Hopkins have on the team?

2) Maryland has Dom Lamolinara on the 1st team Post All-met, also David Solomon is a junior Verbal Commit.

3) Maryland has 5 players on the Southern UA team, 4 from Maryland: Haley, Cooper, Cahill, and Bryant.

As I say it looks like UMCP is getting a lot of good players from the area.

1) So OSU is getting some decent players from MD. The contention is whether UMCP is getting good players from Maryland which they are.

no they ain't. to quote slappy, "the last time i looked", at least half their roster was out of state. that was 2008 though...i suspect it's still the case.

The Terps also have Jay Carlson as a verbal commit for a junior. How many guys does Hopkins have on the team?

ooooww. one guy. those guys you mentioned above, except the guy with the cool name, were verbals "last time i looked". i do think tilly'll close the deals though invoking harvard. i also said hopkins was dead as a lax power..in fact, i equate all the shells of lax power in md to basketball's big five. granted, umcp is the 'nova of the group...just cuz it has more chix than hopkins.

2) Maryland has Dom Lamolinara on the 1st team Post All-met, also David Solomon is a junior Verbal Commit.

is that the one guy from dc all-met that i cited? how many first team balty/dc all-mets did umcp not get?

3) Maryland has 5 players on the Southern UA team, 4 from Maryland: Haley, Cooper, Cahill, and Bryant.

what's the % of the roster from md...and what % did umcp get? umcp will get a few nuggets...it's only natural after these guys see the flood of talented peers signing on with unc, nd, osu, etc...some will opt to find somewhere where they're assured PT...umcp is the d-1 fallback...just as it is for the revenue sports.

As I say it looks like UMCP is getting a lot of good players from the area.

no it doesn't. for a local skool??...and individual out of state skools hundreds of miles away get more?? buhehehe. i admire your optimism though...you're proud of cp...but it's a hideous place.

:confused: Having about half the roster out-of-state seems like a good ratio for the UMCP.

No, Haley, Cooper, Bryant, Cahill all were fall signings for the Terps. I believe Lamolinara signed in the spring.

Solomon and Carlson were juniors this past season and thus are only verbal commitments. UMCP also has verbal commitments from Cory Dobyns (Gt Prep) and Kellen Miller (Landon). Whether these verbals stay true over the coaching change, who knows, but I expect most will.

In the end, I have shown that UMCP is getting a good number of local stud players which is the point under contention. ;)