Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HSGuru

Former MD assistant Dave Slafkosky is new head coach at MSJ

6 posts in this topic

Curious where JR is going to land !

Kyle Fiat should do well with Dulaney though. Knowledgable, strict, and well respected by the kids. He will cut out the cancer holding them down and build a new base.

Kyle Fiat should do well with Dulaney though. Knowledgable, strict, and well respected by the kids. He will cut out the cancer holding them down and build a new base.

Okay my good friend ... we both agree that Kyle will do a great for the Lions bunch in the years ahead. Where I disagree with you was the cancer that supposedly held down the players. Being the accomplished athlete (should I say former athlete ?) that you are (were :) ), preparation for the next given season starts the very day your current season comes to end. Did I just write that? Work ethic for individual athletes during the off season will dictate how the TEAM will do the following season. The off season preparation by some of the players was lacking in a big way and thus produced marginal results at best. It was, without a doubt, one of the most painful teams I have ever witnessed playing in the Lions den.

You can't point at the leadership alone. What is truly sad it that I know several of the players did infact work there butts off in the off season, only to be let down by some of their own teammates. Thus a medicore performance for the program. Kyle will surely right the ship so to speak. IMHO of course ....

fylde5 ... this coming from your BEST receiver .... ever ...B);)

Major Congrats to Slaf! He is a 100% class guy and he is going to the best private school in the area. MSJ class '89

You can't point at the leadership alone. What is truly sad it that I know several of the players did infact work there butts off in the off season, only to be let down by some of their own teammates. Thus a medicore performance for the program. Kyle will surely right the ship so to speak. IMHO of course ....

We agree buddy, the cancer I was referring to was a certain segment of those players not the leadership. I have no ax to grind with Jake, I actually liked him. I just felt he grew tired of it all.