Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HSGuru

Schwartzberg named new coach at Spalding

15 posts in this topic

"Schwartzberg was a high school All-American at Severn School, where he graduated in 1987, and he went on to play collegiately at the University of Maryland."

Varsity?

"Schwartzberg was a high school All-American at Severn School, where he graduated in 1987, and he went on to play collegiately at the University of Maryland."

Varsity?

Uh, no......... Nor JV.

Not exactly a good way to start.

Even if he had played at UMD, given Spalding's situation, I expected someone with a bit longer of a resume.

Not exactly a good way to start.

Even if he had played at UMD, given Spalding's situation, I expected someone with a bit longer of a resume.

Trust me, he did not. I really have nothing against Rick, but putting this out there when the truth (and the great team tattoo story of "don't get a Schwartzberg") is so well known it is more than I can take. Spalding should have checked their facts better. Rob Chomo at SM (MD A) or Brian Burlace (MD D) can tell you the whole story if you want the skinny. I will not list the details here, except the fact he did not play at MD on the collegiate level and/or on the team.

Enough with the bashing....His resume was checked and cleared before he applied. Coach Ricky played at Maryland. He was an outstanding lacrosse player at the D1 Level. If any of you took the time to meet him he will be glad to tell you. He is a great guy. Trust me Spalding verified his resume. But even if it were true and he did not play lacrosse for the Terps...who cares. I mean I one time said I was an outfielder for the Florida Marlins. Needless to say I scored....and hit a homerun. We were going steady for a month during the summer and even watched a Florida Marlin game but she never caught on. Finally, I was busted when I said I got traded to the Orioles. She said "Hey wait a minute"..... "No one gets traded to the Orioles".

I said yeah you caught me Honey. She said yes I did.....The Florida Marlins need to trade you to the Yankees...I replied..yeah sure. I will call the team right after your done...Ok she said.

Hate to break it to ya FootballDad but I was at Maryland then and was a lax fan. I used to date a girl who lived in the same New Leonardtown apartment building as a lot of the lacrosse players and got to know several of them. I knew Ricky since high school days and asked them about him.

I was told that the team may have paid for his books his freshman fall semester but that was about it.

I'm also somewhat familiar with the "Tough Terp with a stick" tattoo story.

I have nothing against him and wish him luck at Spalding.

Enough with the bashing....His resume was checked and cleared before he applied.

Obviously not.

Coach Ricky played at Maryland.

No, he did not.

He was an outstanding lacrosse player at the D1 Level.

No, he was not.

If any of you took the time to meet him he will be glad to tell you. He is a great guy.

I know him well, and played against him in HS at SM.

Trust me Spalding verified his resume.

Trust me, no, they did not.

Hate to break it to ya FootballDad but I was at Maryland then and was a lax fan. I used to date a girl who lived in the same New Leonardtown apartment building as a lot of the lacrosse players and got to know several of them. I knew Ricky since high school days and asked them about him.

I was told that the team may have paid for his books his freshman fall semester but that was about it.

I'm also somewhat familiar with the "Tough Terp with a stick" tattoo story.

I have nothing against him and wish him luck at Spalding.

There's a guy who knows his stuff.

Phi Delta Theta for aye....

His Dad was a great athlete in the day, and I know many of the people on that list.

Listen, I do not think either of us is saying he's a bad guy, just that he did not play at MD. The answer is simple - Amend it, kill the controversy now. He is a fine coach, and I have watched his teams over the years, but it simply is what it is.