Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Webmommy

Songs With Unintelligible Lyrics

51 posts in this topic

On the way home this evening, "

" came on and I realized I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what they are saying.

I admit to using search engines to look up lyrics. I remember once finding a web site that was dedicated to what people thought the lyrics were and some of them were pretty funny. Any songs come to mind?

98 Rock, a long time ago used to air one of their twisted ads for Stevie Nicks; her new album; Stevie, What The Hell Is She Saying?

A close second would be anything by Ozzy. :D

Found a whole bunch of misunderstood lyrics here. My favorite so far is from Ghostbusters, "Who ya gonna call....those ba*tards!"

There's a couple of sites for that, I think that someone out there even coined a word for it, however it escapes me just now.

Here's one such site :)

"inna ga da da veeda"

But I think the number one unintelligible song has to be the one from the 90s, something "yellow" (I think) I have no idea what that guy is saying

Dee, honey, I have the album (on vinyl, even) and honest, they are really singing "Inna Gadda Da Vida!"

Rock analysts and critics for 40 years haven't decided on what it means. :D

I know they are saying those words (?) and that is what makes it unintelligable to me. Also, I seem to remember that the song always appeared with a sub title - In the garden of eden. I don't remember if it said that on the vinyl version.

The other song is Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam.

Not a single word on that song sounds understandable.

Yep...."Bloke up like a duce you know a runner in the night"....

That's what I've always heard......:confused:

duce.....d o u c h e......still makes no sense......:D

If it's about a d o u c h e....and being blinded ......did someone squirt this stuff in their eyes...?????

duce.....d o u c h e......still makes no sense......:D

If it's about a d o u c h e....and being blinded ......did someone squirt this stuff in their eyes...?????

Hey, Barkeep, give the lady over there a vinegar and water on me! :P

Dee, honey, I have the album (on vinyl, even) and honest, they are really singing "Inna Gadda Da Vida!"

Rock analysts and critics for 40 years haven't decided on what it means. :D

The closest anyone has come to a rational explanation is a drug induced attempt to sing the words In the Garden of Eden.:eek:

The closest anyone has come to a rational explanation is a drug induced attempt to sing the words In the Garden of Eden.:eek:

Thats good, NOTA. And to tell the truth, the emontology just about fits! :)

If it were performed straight they might have conveyed a message instead of simply having a smash hit.:D

Did any rock band play straight back then?

I recall seeing Cream at the Civic Center once, Clapton and Jack Bruce were ok, but Ginger Baker was so trashed that he could hardly play.

But then, some define a guy that hangs out with musicians a drummer, anyway. :)

Did any rock band play straight back then?

I recall seeing Cream at the Civic Center once, Clapton and Jack Bruce were ok, but Ginger Baker was so trashed that he could hardly play.

But then, some define a guy that hangs out with musicians a drummer, anyway. :)

I imagine the Beatles were pretty stoned when they recorded many of their songs, but they are all understandable.