Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinkb

MD Girls HS Basketball 2010-11

2,015 posts in this topic

Privates:

Riverdale - Who will be on "The TEAM"? They will be loaded.

St. John - Can they win it all? Greeeeat guard play.

Holy Cross - Can they Beat St. John? One of the best starting fives in the country.

St Francis - RELOAD - They never rebuild.

Spaulding - WOW with talent.

Publics

AA County - Will Meade take down the evil empire Arundel? Don't forget about SR & Old Mill. I hear of a transfer that will make a difference in the power struggle. Can't tell until.

PG - 3A-1A - Largo is still the queen, but GP is ready to detrone. Surrattsville and Crossland will show. 4A - Northwestern will be the top gun, but will Wise reload quick enough. Bowie has been quietly working and lurking. Flowers got guards.

MO Co - 4A - Gaithersburg is ready, but will Bones be ready for Paint Branch. 3A - Will Damascus take the lead or will it be back in Blake hands

Balt City - Well Digital be the new Western? Let me make it plain. Is Digital the new sheriff in town?

Hartford - Fallston or will it go to Joppa? We will see.

SMAC - Lookout for Calvert? They are young and tough. I know Westlake still has athletes and North Point is bare. Can a St. Mary's County school step in?

Howard - Centennial had a good run at the end, but Oakland Mill will win the County. River Hill always got somebody.

State Champs:

4A - Gaithersburg

3A - Largo

2A - Digital or Gwynn Park (Can't miss game)

1A - Dunbar

Harford Co - This yr will be between Joppa & Aberdeen...Fallston lost to many major pieces to graduation...

Girls High School fall league @ Palotti High School Starting Sept 11, 2010 for info contact asst. coach Devon Powell 240-398-4352

Girls Varsity Division

MD Shooting Stars Black (Bobby)

Meade HS Girls V

Annapolis HS

Col Ravens chris

Sure Shots Hildreth 16u

Surattsville HS Girls V

SFA Girls V

MD Elite varsity

North County HS Girls v

South River HS Girls V

Hoopsmart Girls V

Mt Hebron HS V

VA Cardinals Premier

MD Hawks Girls V (Chris)

Baltimore Storm Dewight

Arundel HS Girls #1

River Hill HS (Waters)

Arundel HS Girls #2

MD Shooting Stars Blue

Boys Varsity Division

Chapelgate Boys V

Balt. Wildcats Brock

Meade HS Boys V

South River HS

SFA Boys V

Gap Standard V

Warriors (Bolen) Boys HS V

Reservior HS Boys V

MD Elite Hoops Boys V

Ivey-23 Terps V

Magruder Boys V

Century HS Boys V

OLD Mill HS Boys V

Team Melo Boys

Fallston Boys HS V

MD Piston Boys V

ChicK Webb Boys HS V

* There are also Boys & Girls JV Divisions, along with Jr & Mids Divisions*

does anyone know where the big name went ?

Only transfers that I have heard about are:

Jannah Tucker from Western to Poly.

Infiniti Alston from Western to St.Frances

Treasure Jefferson from City to M.A.T.H.S (Charter school heading to 1A)

Christina Mitchell from Western to M.A.T.H.S

Why are so many people transferring? Is this the era of Parent-Coaches?

Also, it looks like several players transferred out of one particular school, Western. Didn't they go to the state finals last year? What's the story?

Only transfers that I have heard about are:

Jannah Tucker from Western to Poly.

Infiniti Alston from Western to St.Frances

Treasure Jefferson from City to M.A.T.H.S (Charter school heading to 1A)

Christina Mitchell from Western to M.A.T.H.S

Wow! Jannah to Poly I would think that was a SLAP in the face to travel thru the gates to attend school in the same building

Tasia Butler from North Point to Riverdale Baptist

Maya Singleton from Paul IV to Riverdale Baptist

Erin Blain from West Lake to Riverdale Baptist

Daja Hawkins from Fairmont Height to Riverdale Baptist

Well it look like the Queen and her staff have been busy during the off season

We have all heard the same song and dance from these people. "Playing Time". I still think we all knew Tucker and Alston were going to leave because of track record. Girls basketball has officially entered the relm of Boys basketball. Very Sad.:(

Tasia Butler from North Point to Riverdale Baptist

Maya Singleton from Paul IV to Riverdale Baptist

Erin Blain from West Lake to Riverdale Baptist

Daja Hawkins from Fairmont Height to Riverdale Baptist

Well it look like the Queen and her staff have been busy during the off season

They could of had more, but they turned them down.

MO Co - 4A - Gaithersburg is ready, but will Bones be ready for Paint Branch. 3A - Will Damascus take the lead or will it be back in Blake hands

Balt City - Well Digital be the new Western? Let me make it plain. Is Digital the new sheriff in town?

SMAC - Lookout for Calvert? They are young and tough. I know Westlake still has athletes and North Point is bare. Can a St. Mary's County school step in?

Howard - Centennial had a good run at the end, but Oakland Mill will win the County. River Hill always got somebody.

State Champs:

4A - Gaithersburg

3A - Largo

1A - Dunbar

Yeah, will Bones be ready? And now that her running mate Kenia Cole has torn her acl I'd have to write Paint Branch off for the moment.

Oakland Mills has a couple of decent transfers so they'll be in the hunt in Howard County.

Joppa should run through Harford county. They lost Thornton to graduation but return a strong nucleus of Zameria Jones, Shakara Head, Kortney Orr and Pez Scott and Quay Malloy (over from St.Frances).

Aberdeen will be right behind them with Bri Jones, Lakeia Hayden and a couple of other ballers.

Dunbar has Shelley Wright so that puts them in Baltimore City's mix. 6'3 Omaah Tayong had a decent summer and is getting some D1 looks and they have a couple of nice freshman guards coming in. It was ugly at UMBC so hopefully they can bounce back from that.

Harrison is a stud for Digital but I don't know about the supporting cast. What the hell happened to Ke'Shara Floyd? How does a D1 talent take summers off?

Tasia Bristow and Chelsea Dukes committed to Del State.

Nice. That's 3 from St.Frances headed up there this year.

We have all heard the same song and dance from these people. "Playing Time". I still think we all knew Tucker and Alston were going to leave because of track record. Girls basketball has officially entered the relm of Boys basketball. Very Sad.:(

No doubt. Parents want commitment from the program and instant star status but will bounce at the drop of a dime. If you can't see that coming you don't want to.

Privates:

Riverdale - Who will be on "The TEAM"? They will be loaded.

St. John - Can they win it all? Greeeeat guard play.

Holy Cross - Can they Beat St. John? One of the best starting fives in the country.

St Francis - RELOAD - They never rebuild.

Spaulding - WOW with talent.

Publics

AA County - Will Meade take down the evil empire Arundel? Don't forget about SR & Old Mill. I hear of a transfer that will make a difference in the power struggle. Can't tell until.

PG - 3A-1A - Largo is still the queen, but GP is ready to detrone. Surrattsville and Crossland will show. 4A - Northwestern will be the top gun, but will Wise reload quick enough. Bowie has been quietly working and lurking. Flowers got guards.

State Champs:

4A - Gaithersburg

3A - Largo

1A - Dunbar

Sound analysis imo, you laid it up like the 'Iceman' unhurled his 'finger roll', with a bit of creativity and enguinuity with sound results. Like the breakdown and agree with just about all of it.

RIVERDALE is LOADED. (Speaking of which, reminds of lunch, what's up with Five Guys, talk about loaded, that's crazy!) Well this is Five Gals. Plus a bench that runs for miles. Will be a national top 25 team this season. All hail the Queen. Both BUTLER and SINGLETON will be major additions to an already talented team. BUTLER gives CHASE and WILLIAMS extra length on the perimeter and SINGLETON is a major body to contend with combined with SIMMS and her work ethic and production in the paint. ATKINSON, who may have their most versatile player last year, should be back for the long haul. And when I mean I haul, I mean hauly crap! Have you seen their schedule? Something like 40 games in 60 nights with 20 heavy hitters on the bill and another 20 that ain't no joke.

Talking 'bout the backstroke. Transfers specifically. I've always said to each his own. Until you walked a day in that man's shoes you can't concievably view it from that man's perspective. I also don't have a problem with anyone expressing their own opinions regarding transferring which has developed into a trend. Back to the backstroke. I think TUCKER may be headed to the PANTHER den. Early lines had WESTERN, POLY and ST FRANCES at even money. Then it seemed the 'Wizard' had his next superstar lined up but hold up wait a minute.... POLY all of a sudden wanted a crack at the super soph and money started shifting back to Cold Spring. No not that Cold Spring, the other. POLY wanted a cracker and this would have been a firecracker on campus. But smart money and late money has the talented guard heading down the yellow brick road to suit up for the 'Wizard' and the PANTHER. Wherever she lands it could cause a seismic shift in their outlook and more importantly, their outcome. TUCKER is easily the top prospect among underclassmen in the area and will be among the top in the country. TUCKER recieved glowing reports from her performances at Nike Nationals. So with TUCKER I say reload, without I'd have to say rebuillll... rebuilll... See I can't even say it cause your right, the 'Wizard' has never had to really rebuild. But even with the talented KING and ALSTON in the middle, the PANTHERS would have had a tough task taking on the juggernauts that the 'Ant Hill Mob' was dealing with.

Also agree that aside from RIVERDALE, and maybe with RIVERDALE, that ST JOHNS has the best 3 guard lineup. I like watching them play and all 3 bring something different while still being versatile. JONES pull-up is crazy. Defense and leadership. ALLEN and ROWSER give the CADETS length though somewhat decievingly because of their frames. Both will go coast-to-coast with ALLEN getting into the lane and ROWSER pulling up for that 12-15 footer. All get up and down and all play D.

HOLY CROSS has the ideal wing with size, the ideal 6'4 post, with skills, and a point guard who can run the show and guard that can shoot. The TARTANS should have a say in things come late Feb. I have the TARTANS a close second in the WCAC behind the CADETS. The FALCONS will be among the top 3 in the WCAC this season with just about everybody back from a 18-10 team last season. SETON, RYKEN, PAUL VI and B'MAC will battle to be among the top half of a star studded league.

SPALDING. WOW with TALENT is right. But the time has come for this senior laden lineup. The CAVS showed a lot of promise and made great strides last season though it may have not been what some expected. The PANTHERS ran the trifecta on the CAVS and just when it looked like it was safe to go outside it seems the 'Wizard' has worked his magic again and said, and I quote, no not Coach Shelton, I'm quoting somebody else, 'Not so fast my friend". Jigga once said "It was all good just a week ago". For that matter, so did KEOUGH, last year. And WESTERN before them, to them. Karma is a __________. Anyway, I'll give the edge to the 'Bookster' and the CAVS based on overall talent and depth. KEOUGH should be among the top 8 with 4 starters back and two key bench returnees.

This year I will include the WCAC DC shools (see ST JOHNS) and DCIAA (see HD WOODSON) as I've neglected my beloved District by not including them among the MD or VA rankings. However PAUL VI among the other Commonwealth WCAC teams will remain within that jurisdiction. So look for ST JOHNS to start at #2 HD WOODSON at #9. RIVERDALE, ST JOHNS, SPALDING, HOLY CROSS, ST FRANCES, GOOD COUNSEL and KEOUGH the first seven. GAIHERSBURG at #8 and the top public. WESTERN and DIGITAL at 10 and 11. SETON, MCDONOGH, LARGO, RYKEN and PAINT BRANCH with a * fill out my Sweet 16. Depends on 'Bones' and the loss of Coach P to solely the front office should have some kind of effect. ROLAND PARK, GWYNN PARK, JOPPATOWNE and ABERDEEN round out the 20. B'MAC, I have at 21. Hold up,... Yep, seems crazy but have the 'STANGS just outside of 20. A pair of PG's, BOWIE and NORTHWESTERN and a pair of HOCO's, OAKLAND MILLS and CENTENNIAL round out my top 25. My next two would be CROSSLAND and MEADE who look to getting a big pick-up. If that's the case you could slot the 'General', or the Joint Chief of Staff or whoever is running things over at the Fort somewher between 12-20 and knock out of themambas beloved HOCO teams. Special shout out to theseeingeye. Not my man the IH, though I do give a special shout out to him too, the other one that used to break my balls. Or at least HOCO's balls.

Anyway, these rankings are only as good until the fall league outcomes, transfer deadlines, which by the way seems to get pushed back just as much as the World Series, which soon will be seen on Thanksgiving Day. Which will follow a special presentation at 7 Central time featuring Brett Favre on 'Minndecision II' as we tune in to see wether he wants to force a trade back to GREEN BAY, wether he'll head back to the Apple and play for 'Sexy Rexy', force a trade to HEAT or get back to his homies in time to play for the Mississippi State Championships. Provided the cameras and 'Hard Knocks' are there. (Favre is great and all but have you ever seen anyone turn a 7 word question into a Tarantino trilogy. Jeez!!!, For the love of LeBron, Shut up!! Any way a lot can happen between now and then so basically all bets are off. Unless of course you want to get in on that ST FRANNY or POLY money. Currently the PANTHERS are 1-2 while the ENGINEERS sit at 10-1.

Speaking of PRESEASON "Form"- TheMamba Report! It is always a pleasure to read updated accounts of the local girl's teams- look forward to many more to come

The Real Basketball Report first fake rankings of the 2010-2011 high-school season for D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. A baker's dozen, going into Fall League:

1. Riverdale Baptist/Upper Marlboro, Maryland;

2. St. John's College/Washington, D.C.;

3. St. Frances Academy/Baltimore, Maryland;

4. Archbishop Spalding/Severn, Maryland;

5. Academy of the Holy Cross/Kensington, Maryland;

6. Lake Taylor/Norfolk, Virginia;

7. Oak Hill Academy/Mouth of Wilson, Virginia;

8. Seton Keough/Baltimore, Maryland;

9. Princess Anne/Virginia Beach, Virginia;

10. Oakton/Vienna, Virginia;

11. Good Counsel/Olney, Maryland;

12. Paul VI/Fairfax, Virginia;

13. H.D. Woodson/Washington, D.C.

The Real Basketball Report first fake rankings of the 2010-2011 high-school season for D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. A baker's dozen, going into Fall League:

1. Riverdale Baptist/Upper Marlboro, Maryland;

2. St. John's College/Washington, D.C.;

3. St. Frances Academy/Baltimore, Maryland;

4. Archbishop Spalding/Severn, Maryland;

5. Academy of the Holy Cross/Kensington, Maryland;

6. Lake Taylor/Norfolk, Virginia;

7. Oak Hill Academy/Mouth of Wilson, Virginia;

8. Seton Keough/Baltimore, Maryland;

9. Princess Anne/Virginia Beach, Virginia;

10. Oakton/Vienna, Virginia;

11. Good Counsel/Olney, Maryland;

12. Paul VI/Fairfax, Virginia;

13. H.D. Woodson/Washington, D.C.

I would say Gaithersburg in front of HD. I see Coolidge knocking the beast off its DC pedestal if the one transfer pans out.

Wow! Jannah to Poly I would think that was a SLAP in the face to travel thru the gates to attend school in the same building

stay tuned

Do you have some more inside info These parents don't care about loyalty. They care about attention for themselves. It is sad. Memo to parents. YOUR CHILD IS NOT LEBRON. THIS IS NOT DECISION 2010. YOUR CHILD IS NOT FAVRE. Memo to coaches: I feel bad for Poly's Coach. She is going to endure what her hallway rival endured last year. Free agent rumors.

Just heard from some great Bmore sources that are trying to get it right.

Division I-Digital, Dunbar, Poly, Patterson, Western, & City all in the same division. Best 2 teams make the City Championship. Finally Mamba you can finally put bmore girls in your top 20 division in the area.