Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinkb

MD Girls HS Basketball 2010-11

2,015 posts in this topic

Spalding and John Carroll have excepted invitations to the Breezy Bishop Showcase.

Usually the Dome League over the summer you can see where most people are going and the Best of Maryland in Demascus, MD.

I thought you had to be an elite team to get into the Breezy? John Carroll is awful they are not even in the A conference. Does every local team get an invite?

I thought you had to be an elite team to get into the Breezy? John Carroll is awful they are not even in the A conference. Does every local team get an invite?

You have a right to your opinion, but awful? I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty well almost every time we stepped on the floor. We lost in the IAAM B conference championship and we only lost two seniors. We're moving to the A conference and we'll be competitive there as well. Besides playing in the Breezy last year (losing to a very good Cape May team) we played in the Diamond State classic and performed well there too. We'll play a tough schedule again this year and we have some solid players coming in.

Largo, St. Frances, Damascus, Fallston, Digital, ArchBishop Carroll, Mcdonogh have entered.

Coach Jerome Shelton is running the show for the Angel McCoughtry Camp. I am helping with the event and every day we are getting awesome ideas for the camp. The flyer is out and should be at a facebook site or email near you. I will post the dates and times today.

Is it too late to place a team in the Dome Summer League?

No I would get in contact with Coach Wells, former Coach at St. Frances.

Team Sol(Coach Reese) is help running - BISHOP McNAMARA SUMMER LEAGUE.

RIVERDALE BAPTIST, HOLY CROSS, OAKTON, GYWNN PARK are some of the teams playing in it

You have a right to your opinion, but awful? I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty well almost every time we stepped on the floor. We lost in the IAAM B conference championship and we only lost two seniors. We're moving to the A conference and we'll be competitive there as well. Besides playing in the Breezy last year (losing to a very good Cape May team) we played in the Diamond State classic and performed well there too. We'll play a tough schedule again this year and we have some solid players coming in.

Being in the B championship is nice but the two best teams moved to the A last year. Maybe awful was too strong.. but you are certainly not elite even on a local level. Seeing all these teams playing in the BB I think I had the wrong impression of what level the tournament was. You will be in the A next year?

I commend you for moving up and trying to get better.. Good Luck!

Being in the B championship is nice but the two best teams moved to the A last year. Maybe awful was too strong.. but you are certainly not elite even on a local level. Seeing all these teams playing in the BB I think I had the wrong impression of what level the tournament was. You will be in the A next year?

I commend you for moving up and trying to get better.. Good Luck!

Nobody ever said we were elite. You should probably go to the tournament this year, there are all levels of play. I watch as much local girls basketball as anyone around here and I know what awful looks like.

Our move to the A conference is set for the season after next.

Congratulations are in order for three more area players.

Omaah Tayong, Dunbar, has committed to play at LaSalle.

Brianna Taylor, Oakland Mills, has committed to play at Nyack College in NY.

Pez Scott, Joppatowne, has committed to play at Wesley College in DE.(D3 but she qualified for a huge financial package).

themambas 2013 All-American Third Team

EMMONIE HENDERSON EDWARDSVILLE IL 6'2 F >>> Named 1st team All-Illinois. Averaged 18.3 points and 6.2 rebounds for sectional finalists. Scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in regional final.

KARLIE SAMUELSON EDISON CA 6'0 G >>> Named 1st team CIF Sothern Sectio 1A. Averaged 17.5 points a game and hit more than 60 trifectas for a second consecutive season. Loses sister BONNIE to matriculation but picks up rising freshman and talented sister MARY LOU next year.

RONNI WILLIAMS ATLANTIC FL 6'1 W >>> Named 1st team All-Central Florida. Averaged 21.9 points, 13.6 rebounds and 3.2 bocks per game. Scored 15 points and had 10 rebounds against regionally ranked EDGEWATER.

BRITTANY BROWN CHOCTAWATCHEE FL 5'8 G >>> Averaged 22.8 points, 6.3 assists, 3.9 steals and nailed 87 3's. Named Plyer of the Year for North Florida, large school classification.

KRISTINA NELSON GREATER ATLANTA CHRISTIAN GA 6'3 F >>> Averaged 17.1 points, 11.2 rebounds and hit 57 % from the field. Named 2nd Team All-Georgia AA. Scored 18 points gainst nationally ranked RIVERDALE and 20 points against regionally ranked OAK RIDGE NC in JumpOffPlus.com tourney.

KENDALL COOPER ST. ANTHONYS CA 6'3 P >>> Named California 4A Player of the Year. Averaged 14.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and 3.6 blocked shots per game. Scored 25 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and had 4 blocked shots in Southern Section 4A semifinal versus JSERRA.

MARQUES WEBB BREWBAKER TECH AL 6'1 P >>> Named Alabama 4A Player of the Year. Averaged 16.3 points and an astonishing 20.4 rebounds per contest. Scored 24 points and hauled in 30 rebounds in state final game against 5-time champ MIDFIELD.

KAILEE JOHNSON CENTRAL CATHOLIC OR 6'3 F >>> Averaged 18.9 points and 15.3 rebounds per game despite being saddled with injury and sidelined 6 games. Scored 27 points versus BEAVERTON in Nike Interstate Shootout.

TANISHA BROWN MYRTLE BEACH SC 5'11 G >>> Named All-Region for the 3A state champs. Averaged 14.3 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.2 steals per game. Verballed to North Carolina.

ODERAH CHIDOM BISHOP O'DOWD CA 6'3 F >>> Averaged 11.2 points and 10.3 rebounds per contest for NorCal finalists. Named 2nd team All-East Bay and scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in title game versus ST. JOSEPHS.

CHELSEA WELCH KETTERING FAIRMONT OH 5'8 G >>> Named 2nd team All-State for Ohio DI finalist. Named Dayton AP Player of the Year. Averaged 14.3 points and 5 assists a game this year.

[B]JANNAH TUCKER NEW TOWN MD 6'0 G >>> Transferred after leading WESTERN to 3A final game as a freshman. Averaged 26.2 points, 12.0 rebounds and nearly 8 steals per game. Could the next NEW TOWN be SPALDING[/b]?

JOHANNA PAINE OREGON CITY OR 6'0 P >>> Named 1st team All-Three Rivers. Averaged 15.3 points and 7 rebounds per contest. Led PIONEERS with 16 points in 3rd place win over SOUTH EUGENE.

GABRIELLA HANSON TROY CA 5'10 G >>> Named 1st team All-Southern Section 1A. Named 2nd team All-Orange County. Averaged 12.7 points a game for baleanced attack and scored 15 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and had 5 steals against INGLEWOOD.

SYDNEY STIPANOVICH ST. JOSEPHS MO 6'3 P >>> Named 3rd team All-State. Averaged 13.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and a state leading 6.8 blocks per contest. Scored 12 points, snatched 16 rebounds and blocked 6 shots in regular season win over INCARNATE WORD.

KAI JAMES DWYER FL 6'4 P >>> Averaged 12 points and 15.8 rebounds and 5.2 blocks per game. Scored 22 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in district championship loss to PALM BEACH LAKES.

Nope..staying at New Town

Good luck to Dyzhanay Burton and her Team Maryland Stars as they take on the Nike Invitational down in Hampton Va.

Tenicia Spence and Taylor Carter have verbally committed to Division II Benedict College in South Carolina.

Any word in the coaching openings at Dundalk and New Town?