Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Best places for a baby shower

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Baal

Baal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

First, I could have sworn I did a similar post to this years ago, but I can't find it at all.

I am looking for a place to have my baby shower. (And yes, I know this is something that baby shower's host should do, but if you knew me, you would know what I am doing this myself.)

I am looking for a place in the Baltimore area with plenty of free parking. Do you know of any?
I love to watch Fox News because conservatives are much more interesting to watch. They make good TV. Just look at this clip.

#2 julieperl

julieperl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,274 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

Free parking??? In Baltimore City?? BWHAHAHAHAHA... Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Now in the county.... I would recommend Libertore's- either in Timonium or Owings Mills... even white marsh. All have nice, private rooms. Or if you want to go high end- the Oregon Grill or the Milton Inn.

I don't need any new ideas. I'm confused enough already.
Patrick- The Brothers McMullen

#3 Baal

Baal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

Free parking??? In Baltimore City?? BWHAHAHAHAHA... Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Now in the county.... I would recommend Libertore's- either in Timonium or Owings Mills... even white marsh. All have nice, private rooms. Or if you want to go high end- the Oregon Grill or the Milton Inn.

I am open to Baltimore city and county.

Thanks, I will check those places out.
I love to watch Fox News because conservatives are much more interesting to watch. They make good TV. Just look at this clip.

#4 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

I went to a wedding shower at Christopher Daniel (also in Timonium) that was nice.

http://www.christoph...com/events.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#5 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,855 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

How about Havre de Grace? I've been reading a lot about it lately...not all of it good though.

#6 julieperl

julieperl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,274 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

I am open to Baltimore city and county.

Thanks, I will check those places out.

http://www.liberatores.com/

http://theoregongrille.com/index.html

http://www.miltoninn.com/index.php

I love Libertore's. I've never left unhappy.

I found the Oregon Grille to be stuffy and pretentious. The food and service, however, are excellent.

The Milton Inn- FABULOUS. Probably one of the best meals I ever had. If I had to choose from the three (or five, if you include all three Libertore's locations), I'd go with the Milton Inn... but it's very pricey.

#7 julieperl

julieperl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,274 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

How about Havre de Grace? I've been reading a lot about it lately...not all of it good though.

There's an awesome little Tea Room in Havre De Grace. I went to a wedding shower there and it was excellent... finger sandwiches, tea, and tiny little deserts. I will say- you don't leave full. :)

I couldn't find a website for it.. but it's call The Heritage Tea Room on St. John's Street in HdeG.

#8 sigmalady

sigmalady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

For how many people? Wil the hosts or the guests be paying?

#9 Baal

Baal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

For how many people? Wil the hosts or the guests be paying?

Right now, about 50 people.

The host will be paying.

#10 sigmalady

sigmalady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Right now, about 50 people.

The host will be paying.

Are you looking for a place that provides food, or one where you get your own caterer?

#11 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,435 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Baal - You are hosting your own baby shower?
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#12 Malachi

Malachi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

the bathroom?

#13 Baal

Baal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

Are you looking for a place that provides food, or one where you get your own caterer?

That is still up in the air.

Baal - You are hosting your own baby shower?

I hosted my first baby shower, but I am going to let someone else host it this time. I am just passing information to the host. She is going to make the decisions, but she will get my input most of the time... :D

#14 doglover

doglover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

A couple of years ago I attended a baby shower for a OM poster. It was held at Macs nightclub. Funkiest (very fun) baby shower I ever attended...lol

The only difference between dreams and reality is purely desire.

#15 jadedsue

jadedsue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Libertori's has a nice room in Honeygo location. Not too expensive.

#16 John_Clark

John_Clark

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

First, I could have sworn I did a similar post to this years ago, but I can't find it at all.

I am looking for a place to have my baby shower. (And yes, I know this is something that baby shower's host should do, but if you knew me, you would know what I am doing this myself.)

I am looking for a place in the Baltimore area with plenty of free parking. Do you know of any?

Best place for a baby shower? In a bassinet. :)

#17 mister spock

mister spock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Mind if I ask......... are you the ViceMayor of Baltimoreville? or the Lieutant Governor of Somewhere or Other, LOL? I've never heard of young mothers throwing their own showers or organizing them for themselves. Not being critical mind you! Just very interested. My curiosity is piqued.
Disclaimer: this is a public discussion board. You are not obligated to answer any questions by strangers regarding your public posts :)