Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zack80

Are the days of MIAA lax dominance numbered?

87 posts in this topic

I think many d3 players get financial aid if not room and board. I have seen players at Va Wes , Greensboro, Noke, Lynch who were on financial aid and many D2 teams have AA County players on them. A few years ago the school in SC was full of AA County kids and won Championships. SSU was also loaded with County and MiAA kids

My understanding from those kids that are, or did play college lax, and did get "financial aid", that the amount of $$ received was small, and no where near enough to cover much of the bill. Due to the small number of full scholarships offered in lax, most end up being partial rides.

I don't know if you've been through the financial aid dance lately, but what you think of as "middle class" is actually rich according to the FAFSA.

Yet they remain middle class, and must therefore get unsudsidized student loans.

How do I know? I paid for my own college, and I played lacrosse.

Yet they remain middle class, and must therefore get unsudsidized student loans.

How do I know? I paid for my own college, and I played lacrosse.

Yacht, did you pay 160k for your BS? I'm still paying for law school, and I'm 50 y.o. Its a different world today. I got through undergrad on VA benefits and credit cards. Its not pretty, but I'm right on this, the MIAA is great, but money has its advantages.

Yacht, did you pay 160k for your BS?

Serious light on: I attended Loyola College in Baltimore. The tuition was 25K, law school at Columbus School of Law at Catholic University of America was $26K. I was provided Jesuit Grants, a partial scholarship and took out loans while in undergrad. I got nothing for law school, so it was all loans

I'm still paying for law school, and I'm 50 y.o.

Welcome to the Club, and I am 40.

Its a different world today. I got through undergrad on VA benefits and credit cards. Its not pretty, but I'm right on this, the MIAA is great, but money has its advantages.

And I got through working my tail off waiting tables in the off-season and summers. I went to St. Mary's HS (MIAA), and I am the fifth of six kids. I paid my OWN way, and I owe no one anything. Mummsy and Puppsy paid zero, because they could not afford to do so.

So, guess what - You're dead wrong about this. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So, guess what - You're dead wrong about this. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You honestly believe you are the rule not the exception? At Dickinson? Really?:confused:

And I got through working my tail off waiting tables in the off-season and summers. I went to St. Mary's HS (MIAA), and I am the fifth of six kids. I paid my OWN way, and I owe no one anything. Mummsy and Puppsy paid zero, because they could not afford to do so.

you're my hero. want my violin?

You honestly believe you are the rule not the exception? At Dickinson? Really?:confused:

The rule. Welcome to reality.

Yachtsman -

Ya wanna hear something funny...

This afternoon I noticed that some of Room222's most rect posts started to be deleted. At the time, I didn't think anything of it...just assumed he was back-tracking on some of his lattest rants. But then later today I did a search on his posts...."no record" turned up. Looks like the moderator (or someone) deleted all his posts.

Finally. :D

Yachtsman -

Ya wanna hear something funny...

This afternoon I noticed that some of Room222's most rect posts started to be deleted. At the time, I didn't think anything of it...just assumed he was back-tracking on some of his lattest rants. But then later today I did a search on his posts...."no record" turned up. Looks like the moderator (or someone) deleted all his posts.

Finally. :D

Thank goodness.

Thank goodness.

Not that I care, but I can't find any of his remains. None. Even some of his most classic ones caliming, and I quote (no BS), "The Holocaust never happened" .

You're right. I just checked.

This is clearly something the moderator had to have done. No way the troll would have done this...all 5,000+ posts.