18 replies to this topic

#1 52 knock outs

52 knock outs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone had any probs with FIOS billing dept? I saw a forum where a lot
of people up and down the east coast are and so am I.

I get charges added on I shouldn't get. I get this $1.20 charged twice every
month and they don't take it off.

I'm supposed to be paying $119 pr mo but with taxes and other add ons it's
coming out to over $160 pr mo.

Their customer service is a nightmare to deal with.

I have a few more months and I'm dropping them and going back to
rabbit ears.

Does anyone have comcast? The picture and internet service fios provides
are great but the billing and trying to deal with them are driving me nuts.

Anyone else here have this prob. I know many others up and down the
coast are.

How's comcast by comparison?

Thanks.

#2 TruthLies

TruthLies

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

The best thing to do with these utility companies is always remain in promotion. When promotions are about to expire, request another promotion or at least know the competition enough so they can bargain with the prices. Comcast's package is probably similar. You said it's suppose to be 119 but ends up extra, think about all the extra's

modem rental prices
additional boxes that give you dvr features and on demand
insurance for technician visits
maybe movie channels or something

As far as quality goes Comcast HD isn't bad but it's not Verizon's HD or Direct TV's. Comcast use to have the best picture a decade or so ago but Verizon's HD/Direct's has better quality.

As far as Telephone, Verizon's land line has them beat. Comcast uses VOIP and you know that's through a modem so if the modem goes than your phone line goes. It's all about Comcast's plant in your area, if the plant is good and the line to your house is good than you should be good. VOIP always battles call quality issues.

Internet, Both are up to par. Fios's upload is better but Comcast's internet is good and above average reliable. Overall, they both get the nod. It all depends on area though.

Customer Service:Well Comcast has many reps for customer service because of consistent problems with the service. I would like to see the amount of help centers in this region for both companies though but I would bet Comcast has more due to service issues.

#3 52 knock outs

52 knock outs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

Great post and info.

Thanks, man.

Yea, that's what I heard, fios had the better picture.

I'm usually on the boards or watching hulu.com or dvds anyway and HBO
has the same damn movies every month.

I have one of the earliest HDs by Sony from years ago. I was told then I have to
have cable or satellite just to get a good pic in. Is that still true?

The water hole I drink in has brand new
plasma's and the picture is so superior. I'll have to ask the owner which service he uses.

But again, the fios picture and internet speed are terrific.

Thanks again.

#4 thehats

thehats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:08 AM

DirecTV > Everyone else.

#5 PA Tim

PA Tim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

I work for Verizon and I've even heard one supervisor say he dropped FIOS because of all the billing problems. It is practically the only complaint I've heard about FIOS.
My Shelties: Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey http://www.dogster.com/dogs/520236

#6 Bartman

Bartman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

I've had Dish Network for something over 10yrs now and swear by them.
My Internet is via DSL and there don't seem to be ANY plans for FIOS being installed in the City.

BUT

My best friend in Balto Co. (Dundalk) has had Issues with his DSL that have gotten him pretty P.O.'d lately and he has been offered FIOS there. Now John is pretty Cheap! He's worked every angle and the FIOS TV & Internet will cost him $4 more a mo. than his current Comcast HD plan and adding their Internet. The one reservation that he has is that the FIOS Channel lineup, according to him, Sucks compared to Comcast.

So he's gonna try out FIOS on their Promo. He claims that if the FIOS is no good for him, he can Dump it and go back to Comcast at any time at their Guaranteed rate. He also has NO plan to drop the Landline under any circumstances so the Phone Rate is just not a consideration.

Here in the City since FIOS seems like something that will never happen and considering what they're Charging for it, I'll probably stick with my Dish & DSL till I'm Gone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

I cut the cord completely for tv. No Comcast, no Directv, No Dish , No Fios. Just OTA tv, Hulu, and Netflix. Best decision I ever made
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#8 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,831 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

Ken performs shadow puppet shows on saturday nights. All are welcome to attend. ;)

I actually feel at times I could do without the cable tv. I still believe its a matter of time before its a pay per watch or nearly everything is streamed from a computer
I'm a Legend in Japan

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Ken performs shadow puppet shows on saturday nights. All are welcome to attend. ;)

I actually feel at times I could do without the cable tv. I still believe its a matter of time before its a pay per watch or nearly everything is streamed from a computer

Nahh my 7 year old grew out of the puppet shows sadly. Too much GTA 4, Fallout 3, etc. I just finally figured I was paying $80 a month for directv and for what?

Basically all the networks stream their shows online these days, even many of the cable channels

If it's on tv, it's on Hulu

Netflix's instant library is getting better

The Ravens are on WJZ in HD for free

Most cable/satellite subscribers pay for 200 or so channels and watch maybe 10 or 15 out of the 2 hundred.

It was just a no brainer to take that $80 and put it into my savings account every month

#10 FlaccoStoleMyGirlfriend

FlaccoStoleMyGirlfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Nahh my 7 year old grew out of the puppet shows sadly. Too much GTA 4, Fallout 3, etc. I just finally figured I was paying $80 a month for directv and for what?

Basically all the networks stream their shows online these days, even many of the cable channels

If it's on tv, it's on Hulu

Netflix's instant library is getting better

The Ravens are on WJZ in HD for free

Most cable/satellite subscribers pay for 200 or so channels and watch maybe 10 or 15 out of the 2 hundred.

It was just a no brainer to take that $80 and put it into my savings account every month

If you have the internet you have cable and more...last year I even watched football games on my computer...drop cable everyone.

#11 gobak2sleep

gobak2sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Back in March I discontinued my FIOS service after my 2 year contract expired. A month later I started getting harrassed by a debt collector saying that I owed them 179.00. Turns out Verizon had refered me to them saying I owed an early termination fee which the Verizon operator I cancelled with explicitly told me I would not owe. They never even sent me a bill, just right to a debt collector. :mad:

After several months of nasty back and forth with the debt collectors (EOCCA or EOS_CCA) and Verizon and a letter of explanation (that was rejected by Verizon) I finally had it resolved early this month as Verizon mysteriously took back my 'debt' from the debt collectors. Coincidentally (?) they took it back the same day I had it out with one of the nasty *****es from the colleciton company and told her I would never ever pay it. (She was literally laughing in my ear as I explaind the situation.)

In short, Verizon FIOS billing and customer service is an absolute bleepin disorganized god awful disaster that should burn in hell eternally. :D

#12 52 knock outs

52 knock outs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Great comments everyone - thanks.

I loved the one about the supervisor. I'll give them a call about termination and see
what they say and just pull the plug like the poster above. A guy in Wall Mart said he has
comcast and loves it and will take it
with him when he moves into a house but he sounded like he worked for comCast too.

LOL

#13 bdub85

bdub85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Back in March I discontinued my FIOS service after my 2 year contract expired. A month later I started getting harrassed by a debt collector saying that I owed them 179.00. Turns out Verizon had refered me to them saying I owed an early termination fee which the Verizon operator I cancelled with explicitly told me I would not owe. They never even sent me a bill, just right to a debt collector. :mad:

After several months of nasty back and forth with the debt collectors (EOCCA or EOS_CCA) and Verizon and a letter of explanation (that was rejected by Verizon) I finally had it resolved early this month as Verizon mysteriously took back my 'debt' from the debt collectors. Coincidentally (?) they took it back the same day I had it out with one of the nasty *****es from the colleciton company and told her I would never ever pay it. (She was literally laughing in my ear as I explaind the situation.)

In short, Verizon FIOS billing and customer service is an absolute bleepin disorganized god awful disaster that should burn in hell eternally. :D

wow that would seriously piss me off.

#14 SlapNut

SlapNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

I cut the cord completely for tv. No Comcast, no Directv, No Dish , No Fios. Just OTA tv, Hulu, and Netflix. Best decision I ever made

Have you completed construction of your compound yet? Given the zoning, how high were you able to make the walls?

#15 SlapNut

SlapNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have a $4.99 Video Franchise Fee on my bill. Anyone know what this is for? Everything else looks standard.

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,223 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Have you completed construction of your compound yet? Given the zoning, how high were you able to make the walls?

Ummm Huh?:confused:

#17 The Eternal White Belt

The Eternal White Belt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

Damn, you let your 7 year old beat up hookers? :eek:

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,223 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

Damn, you let your 7 year old beat up hookers? :eek:

I've actually never seen him beat up one of the hookers. He mostly just likes to drive fast cars ;)

#19 ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

I called verizon yesterday, I was getting FIOS ads everyday of the week. Some you knew they were ads, others looked like they might be important. They said they took me off the the list.
Boys, set your batons to womp. But Chief, mine is stuck on twirl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users