• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CallinUOut

CallinUOut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

Saw a lot of firefighters and trucks on I-95 today as I drove through the White Marsh area. Anyone have any idea why?

#2 John_Clark

John_Clark

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

Saw a lot of firefighters and trucks on I-95 today as I drove through the White Marsh area. Anyone have any idea why?

I searched it with no luck. it's fairly safe to say that there was a service for a departed firefighter today. Such processions rarely mean anything else.

#3 PokerStar

PokerStar

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,177 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

There was a Motorcade of World Trade Center Steel making its way on the Captial Beltway.I was on the Capital Beltway around 5ish. I saw it with about 200 motorcycles. Pretty cool.

R.I.P. CHUCK 7-10-09

#4 John_Clark

John_Clark

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

There was a Motorcade of World Trade Center Steel making its way on the Captial Beltway.I was on the Capital Beltway around 5ish. I saw it with about 200 motorcycles. Pretty cool.

Link, please? Thanks. :)

#5 PokerStar

PokerStar

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,177 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

There isnt a link I SAW IT with my OWN EYES. There was a sign with the Steel that said " World Trade Center Steel" 9-11-01

R.I.P. CHUCK 7-10-09

#6 John_Clark

John_Clark

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

There isnt a link I SAW IT with my OWN EYES. There was a sign with the Steel that said " World Trade Center Steel" 9-11-01

OK, whatever you say.

Perhaps the Nigerians have a scam on WTC steel now, since all but the iron intended for the memorial has been long since recycled.

#7 R686ST

R686ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

OK, whatever you say.

Perhaps the Nigerians have a scam on WTC steel now, since all but the iron intended for the memorial has been long since recycled.

I heard mention of the procession in the traffic reports on WTOP this afternoon.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, the trouble is that they know so much that isn't so." (Ronald Reagan)

#8 John_Clark

John_Clark

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

I heard mention of the procession in the traffic reports on WTOP this afternoon.

All well and good, pokerstar is being a mite sensitive today, LOL!

#9 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

I don't know if this is related to what I saw last Sunday?? I was on my way to mass at St. Leo's in Little Italy last Sunday morning. Around 8:00am all of the Northbound traffic was being held up for a large motorcade consisting of at least 2 miles worth of police and civilian bikes. At every on ramp there was a police motorcycle holding up traffic from entering the Northbound lanes. There were firetrucks with people waving flags on the overpasses facing south.
Yesterday I noticed the firetrucks were facing the north? Maybe the motorcade is returning from NY. ??

No coverage from the local media either?

#10 Bolt1111

Bolt1111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Yes it was steel from the World Trade Center. We were informed that it was coming through town.

#11 George-WNEC

George-WNEC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Yes it was steel from the World Trade Center. We were informed that it was coming through town.

Yes, they are making a memorial in Annapolis with two steel colums from the site...
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

GOD said Hello today, Did you Hear HIM!? :)

#12 George-WNEC

George-WNEC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

OK, whatever you say.

http://www.wtop.com/...598&sid=2034696

Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold announced Tuesday that construction has begun on a project that involves fastening two large steel beams from the World Trade Center to a concrete base in a "V" shape.A dedication ceremony has been scheduled for Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.

The memorial, which is located at Police and Fire Headquarters in Millersville, will include a water mist to resemble smoke. It also will be surrounded by 13 trees.

there you go...
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

GOD said Hello today, Did you Hear HIM!? :)

#13 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

I have been to a small 9/11 memorial in FL.

It was chilling experience to place you hand on some of the steel from the World Trade Center.

All kinds of thought go through you mind, what part of the building was this steel, what tower was it from, who worked in the space where the steel was, the list goes on.

#14 HEARSEMAN666

HEARSEMAN666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

We received a memo earlier in the week about this procession. It started in NY and was headed to the Pentagon for a memorial.:rwb:

#15 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:06 PM

I saw it too. The line motorcade of bikes must have been a mile long or so...or so it seemed.
"You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."

President Barack Obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users