Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PANTHER

????? On Offense for the Poets?????

18 posts in this topic

What's up with the air game coach, your best athletes are your wideouts, especially McManus?? I don't know if your weren't trying to show your full hand on offense to the Patterson folk watching, or is it back to benny ball, run, run, run, run, run, run, maybe pass, naw its a draw, run, run. With that big *****$ receiver, I would be throwing the ball to him as much as possible.This kid has matched up against DB's this summer who are some of the best in the country this summer, and made them look stupid. And Davis who is an athlete as well. But your senior wide and put him under center where he looked out of place. With Vass, McManus, and Davis at WR, GOD rest his soul, but benny ball would be a thing of the past, at least for now. I haven't seen a Db who could come close to matching up Mcmanus. Like I said in another post, if that were my son, I would have sent him to Connecticut, becuase Dunabr is all about run, run, run.

Major problem!...Dunbar's poorer coaches don't know how to get one of the ESPN's top 150 players the ball. But thanks!....he's no longer a threat to our team! But seriously, hew should have transferred to Connecticut. Dunbar has problem of overlooking their own players by trying to satisfy their senior transfers. Mcmanus is by far one of the best players in the state...hands down! They just don't know how to use him. But hey, we can benefit great from Dunbar's ignorance....see you at the Dunbar/Poly game!

I agree fellow's all that talent and there kept slamming the ball, the best wideouts in the city. And all I seen was Vass running out the pocket with recievers running free,he is not the Qb for then to win a championship. The 6ft 2in soph Qb was just waiting,that's the pocket Qb with a gun for a arm. He came in late of the 3rd quarter and he's first pass was a 30yd TD. This was the game you needed to show him and viewers your new era of Dunbar Football. But I guess seniors rule this team and not talent or the coaches, when will the soph learn if he don't play with the rock and gun it to that talent corp of Vass,McManus, and Davis and etc. Well I guess we'll see next week but this can't keep going on with Vass under center he's not going to throw the ball down the field and he's not Jennings (Gilman) which means Mcmaus and Davis and the crew will not get the ball, SORRY recievers I guess you will just be getting alot of running this year. RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD WITHOUT THE BALL.

There are a lot of Dunbar players on the board now. C'mon ya'll, be patient and let's let this thing play itself out.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pulling for you to win but there's too much whining coming from the Dunbar camp.

What's up with the air game coach, your best athletes are your wideouts, especially McManus?? I don't know if your weren't trying to show your full hand on offense to the Patterson folk watching, or is it back to benny ball, run, run, run, run, run, run, maybe pass, naw its a draw, run, run. With that big *****$ receiver, I would be throwing the ball to him as much as possible.This kid has matched up against DB's this summer who are some of the best in the country this summer, and made them look stupid. And Davis who is an athlete as well. But your senior wide and put him under center where he looked out of place. With Vass, McManus, and Davis at WR, GOD rest his soul, but benny ball would be a thing of the past, at least for now. I haven't seen a Db who could come close to matching up Mcmanus. Like I said in another post, if that were my son, I would have sent him to Connecticut, becuase Dunabr is all about run, run, run.

If you think for one second that Dunbar cant or wont put the ball in the air, you must be a idiot....just wait until the clippers show up...you will see shock and awe part 2 ...trust me....

There are a lot of Dunbar players on the board now. C'mon ya'll, be patient and let's let this thing play itself out.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pulling for you to win but there's too much whining coming from the Dunbar camp.

typical repsonse from you. I am no player or child. I post what I see as a major problem for the poets, which will be the reason they don't make the playoffs if they don't fix it. Playing for your seniors, that doesn't make sense. The best players, plural, PLAYERS GET THE BALL.

typical repsonse from you. I am no player or child. I post what I see as a major problem for the poets, which will be the reason they don't make the playoffs if they don't fix it. Playing for your seniors, that doesn't make sense. The best players, plural, PLAYERS GET THE BALL.

The best program wins 3 state championships in 4 years...apparently, they know what the hell they are doing over at east side prep...and you show up after the fact and doubt all that they do...the best players will get the ball when the best teams show up....

Actually Panther I wasn't directing that at you, I know your history on this board.

Not a student here either. Focus on City

Not a student here either. Focus on City

Nope...I think his focus is on you and your violation of unwritten board ethics...

Some people don't realize that you do not show all of your plays against an inferior team. If you only need to run. Just run. I would never show my full arsenal against Randallstown. Randallstown is not the team that they were in the 90's and early millenium.

Your offense should be very vanilla against a team you can easily beat. I would only try new plays or pass plays if we needed to work on it as a team. Trust me there are people watching and scouting your offense. The best players will get the ball when they need it.

The boys will be fine we have to fine tune some things but we did score on 4 TD PASSES yesterday. The defense looked good and that's what wins championships

Yes they scored on 4 td passes, but this is were you practice on a weaker team your passing game. With either the senior(3) or the soph(17) qb's to make your team better. But the talent wideouts didn't get to show. They must pick the senior(3) or the soph(17)and stay with them,because the season going to get harder and they must have that part of the offense to reach the promise land, a RING.

Knowing what's been going on with the poets this past week, they did what their suppose to do! They pounded the ball with the run, and when they needed to throw they did ...some of you guys/girls need to stick to the Armchair OC/DC's