Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AAU2578

(Pre) DM vs. Gilman

27 posts in this topic

DM has allot of work to do if they are going to beat Gilman. Defense, Special Teams and QB play must improve prior to playing Gilman. However DM has a safety valve....the running game. My family and I really enjoyed watching DM's OL dominate and pancake so many Loyola players to the point that they didn't want to play anymore. The kid DeLonte Morton looked like Earl Campbell running the ball. The kid Josh McPhearson is a threat and a play maker....may be the best player in the country. Can Gilman stop DM's run game? Can Gilman run the ball against DM?

DM has allot of work to do if they are going to beat Gilman. Defense, Special Teams and QB play must improve prior to playing Gilman. However DM has a safety value....the running game. My family and I really enjoyed watching DM's OL dominate and pancake so many Loyola players to the point that they didn't want to play anymore. The kid DeLonte Morton looked like Earl Campbell running the ball. The kid Josh McPhearson is a threat and a play maker....may be the best player in the country. Can Gilman stop DM's run game? Can Gilman run the ball against DM?

What game were you watching? DM's line was not pancaking Loyola. As a matter of fact there were more people in the stands talking about how unimpressive Big Cyrus was than praising his blocking. Morton broke a lot of tackles thats where he got the majority of his yardage. He was not running through gaping holes.

What game were you watching? DM's line was not pancaking Loyola. As a matter of fact there were more people in the stands talking about how unimpressive Big Cyrus was than praising his blocking. Morton broke a lot of tackles thats where he got the majority of his yardage. He was not running through gaping holes.

38 of DM's 45 points were from running the ball. Maybe I was looking at a different game.

38 of DM's 45 points were from running the ball. Maybe I was looking at a different game.

Not disputing that fact. The line just wasn't as dominate as the score indicated. Not taking anything away from Cyrus but it wasn't a dominate game for him. You just expect the #1 tackle in the nation to destroy on every play.

Not disputing that fact. The line just wasn't as dominate as the score indicated. Not taking anything away from Cyrus but it wasn't a dominate game for him. You just expect the #1 tackle in the nation to destroy on every play.

No player will destroy another player on every play. Technique with quickness is also a skill a #1 tackle must exhibit. Cyrus played in no scrimmages do to a injury. This was Cyrus first game of the season....IMO very impressive.

DM has allot of work to do if they are going to beat Gilman. Defense, Special Teams and QB play must improve prior to playing Gilman. However DM has a safety value....the running game. My family and I really enjoyed watching DM's OL dominate and pancake so many Loyola players to the point that they didn't want to play anymore. The kid DeLonte Morton looked like Earl Campbell running the ball. The kid Josh McPhearson is a threat and a play maker....may be the best player in the country. Can Gilman stop DM's run game? Can Gilman run the ball against DM?

Did you just say that Mcphearson might be the the best player in the COUNTRY? He isn't even in the Top 5 in the state of Maryland!

I hope Dematha gets a pass def. if not than the kid #5 jones will make them look bad. The kid Jennings is a beast but last night it was clear #5 wasn't leaving without a win he wanted it more the GC. And the kid from Loyola #8 gave Dematha a fit and from what i saw last night he is not as good as the kid from Gilman.

well, right now there is no question that gilman is the favorite, they looked very good last nite and were quicker than even i thought they were...the young defense looked very agressive...the stags must get more from the qb position..you CAN'T beat a quality team when you can,t complete one pass the entire game....(they were 0-5)...as for the seconary, they continue to play a soft zone and give far too much cushion to the wr's which loyola exploited with 2-3 step drop backs and quick slants and screens...great gameplan by them..that allowed very little DL penetration by the stags..i think it's about dematha's new 7 starters on defense getting more game experience and continuing to improve...will they get there in 2 weeks? i don't know....the stags have offensive weapons and and athletes on defense who are learning to play as a aunit

My family and I really enjoyed watching DM's OL dominate and pancake so many Loyola players to the point that they didn't want to play anymore.

Interesting since DM is suppose to be such a powerhouse (nationally ranked) and Loyola was picked to be at the bottom of the MIAA by everyone on this board, yet it was a very close and hard fought game. This was suppose to be a running clock game and the "laugher of the week" according to some. DM's size and numbers eventually wore Loyola down. Funny, I didn't see all those pancakes you mentioned and certainly didn't see anyone quit. You should actually try watching the game and not spend so much time at IHOP.

Did you just say that Mcphearson might be the the best player in the COUNTRY? He isn't even in the Top 5 in the state of Maryland!

Some kids got it and some kids are what DM call TEE SHIRT AND SHORTS KIDS (combine kings only). Little history about this top prospect in the country. His dad played for the NE Patroits, his brother played with the NY Giants, and another brother plays with New Mexico. This kid didn't play in any scrimmages due to injury. Football runs thru this kids veins. Again IMO this is one of the best players in the country!

Interesting since DM is suppose to be such a powerhouse (nationally ranked) and Loyola was picked to be at the bottom of the MIAA by everyone on this board, yet it was a very close and hard fought game. This was suppose to be a running clock game and the "laugher of the week" according to some. DM's size and numbers eventually wore Loyola down. Funny, I didn't see all those pancakes you mentioned and certainly didn't see anyone quit. You should actually try watching the game and not spend so much time at IHOP.

WHOA....if the MIAA REFs wasn't for Loyola, the finale score would have been in the 60's.

I hope Dematha gets a pass def. if not than the kid #5 jones will make them look bad. The kid Jennings is a beast but last night it was clear #5 wasn't leaving without a win he wanted it more the GC. And the kid from Loyola #8 gave Dematha a fit and from what i saw last night he is not as good as the kid from Gilman.

You nailed it! Jennings is without a question a monster but the heart of this Gilman team is Jones. He wanted more than the GC players. Loved seeing the trash talk between him and Countess. All in the spirit of the game and from two former teammates. You can shake hands after the game, play video games with each other but when your on the field your are enemies and CJ knows this.

Dematha will have to come up with something and soon because right now the Gilman game will not be close.

WHOA....if the MIAA REFs wasn't for Loyola, the finale score would have been in the 60's.

WHOA is right, now you sound like a whiner and an @$$.

Some kids got it and some kids are what DM call TEE SHIRT AND SHORTS KIDS (combine kings only). Little history about this top prospect in the country. His dad played for the NE Patroits, his brother played with the NY Giants, and another brother plays with New Mexico. This kid didn't play in any scrimmages due to injury. Football runs thru this kids veins. Again IMO this is one of the best players in the country!

I know all about his pedigree but either you are related to him or him because he's not evern CLOSE to being 1 of the best players in the country. More of a track guy than a great football player.

DM is very aware that every program circles their calender for their biggest game of the season and beating DM will make a coaches career....however football has 4 quarters and you better bring it and be conditioned when you play DM.

DM is very aware that every program circles their calender for their biggest game of the season and beating DM will make a coaches career....however football has 4 quarters and you better bring it and be conditioned when you play DM.

Gilman has beaten Dematha on many occasions and will this year!

Beat Dm! Very very hard task for any school to accomplish.

Beat Dm! Very very hard task for any school to accomplish.

Yep and Gilman has done it many times. And will this year.

If Gilman is going to have a chance to beat DM they must play 4 quarters not one half of offense as they did with GC. Gilman didn't score the second half. What happen?

If Gilman is going to have a chance to beat DM they must play 4 quarters not one half of offense as they did with GC. Gilman didn't score the second half. What happen?

They didn't need too.;) GA, I can't believe I'm sticking up for you, but this troll is a PITA.

They didn't need too.;) GA, I can't believe I'm sticking up for you, but this troll is a PITA.

Hahaha, thanks man.