• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

...and yes, the waitresses were all easy on the eyes .....

It's the requirement for bare midriffs. That sets the standard a little higher. :)
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#62 Nightman

Nightman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

I went to the White Marsh location in January with a co-workers who gets her hair done at the Avenue. Liked that they have couches and pool tables. Our server gave me a baseball card profile of her with fun facts about her on the back. I've heard rumors that the franchisee is looking to open more Tilted Kilts in the Baltimore area, some of sites under consideration are Downtown, Arundel Mills, Annapolis and Columbia. If they ever open up one in the DC area, I will stop going to Hooters altogether because the food at the Kilt makes the wings at Hooters look like dog food.

#63 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I do know that they have a ad for help almost every week on craigslist, they have a very high turnover, not a good sign.

#64 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Of course they have a high turnover. Lightly clothed beautiful young women serving tables... table service generally isn't a long-term career choice for most folks to begin with. There are a handful I've seen many times over the last year or so. There's one drop-dead gorgeous beauty with the most impressive hour-glass figure I think I've ever seen in my life there quite often. I hope she never leaves. :) But you're not going to get a lot of long-term career seekers.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#65 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Nice tittaaaays!

Boneless wings are awesome!

Edited by Buford, 17 October 2013 - 11:42 AM.

Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#66 RetroRon

RetroRon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

The first time i came to The Tilted Kilt was right after church service. I have never been there, and who brought me you ask? My wife! No i did not lust or anything lol. By the way the service was inadequate and i still had a great time. The food was delicious.I went back and the service and food were even better the second time.

#67 Nightman

Nightman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

The Tilled Kilt will be opening in Frederick on Spectrum Drive, behind FSK Mall in July or August where there used to be an all you can eat restaurant.

#68 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Also saw the Undercover Boss show about the chain too. Big Whoop! Didn't impress me one way or the other. Don't eat out much anyway, basically only when I'm away on vacation. Went to a Longhorn around here once last year and wasn't impressed. Since when did Steak become a Luxury? Used to be Ponderosas, Sizzlers and the like everywhere you looked. Now it's a big deal. Why?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#69 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Also saw the Undercover Boss show about the chain too. Big Whoop! Didn't impress me one way or the other. Don't eat out much anyway, basically only when I'm away on vacation. Went to a Longhorn around here once last year and wasn't impressed. Since when did Steak become a Luxury? Used to be Ponderosas, Sizzlers and the like everywhere you looked. Now it's a big deal. Why?

If you want a good steak please don't go to any of the places you mentioned.  

You could do better on your own grill. 

http://www.rosedabeef.com/  Best beef in Baltimore 

I can't think of a reason to go to the tilted kilt.  There is better beer in White Marsh at http://www.redbricks...n.com/index.php and better food almost anywhere.

And most good bars have better looking women that might actually engage you in conversation instead of the pseudo strip club BS.  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#70 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't have real particular taste buds I guess. Being raised as a Kid on Spam & Beans, Hot Dogs & Beans, Macaroni & Cheese and Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks, I think pretty much killed them. Nah, we really didn't eat that All the time but enough that I can't even look at any of them anymore without Gagging. Anyway, I rarely eat out as I said except on Vacation. In LV, Main Street Station downtown has T-Bone Nite every Tuesday for $13.99 and Sam's Town out on Boulder Hwy has Prime Rib at their dinner buffet Every Night for $14.99. I'll pig out at Orleans mostly but other favs are South Point & Gold Coast and if I feel like making the longer drive Red Rock has great food at low prices too. Last time I went Out here to get something in the past year that I can remember was going to Gil's Pizza for a pie.   

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#71 demopublican

demopublican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

You know Bart, there are a great many things to enjoy in this world. Good music, a good woman, golf, fishing, everyone has a favorite. But good food and drink have to rank up there for many of us. Make yourself happy and enjoy quality food from time to time.
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#72 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Not really a fan of the Kilt. Been to them several times in Myrtle Beach and Morgantown, WV. Food is "so/so" and service is no different than any other eatery. The skirts are short and girls cute, but I think Hooters, has well........HOOTERS!!!! and the food is better.

#73 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

"Make yourself happy and enjoy quality food from time to time."

Guess I just don't have sophisticated taste buds. I remember back in almost another lifetime in my 20's. A guy I remember from work then, Wayne, had a new girlfriend he was getting Serious with, they eventually married but that's another story. The story here is that she wanted him to take her to an Upscale place. So he took her to Tio Pepe's downtown, don't even know if it's still around but back then it was supposed to be one of the best places in town. Anyway Wayne took her there, Damn I cant remember her name, but anyway the story I got was that when they were in there and had the fancy food, when they left, Wayne said "I could've gone to White Coffee Pot!". Guess he wasn't impressed. Just another Story I'll always remember.

I just can't get over how Steak somehow became a Luxury. There used to be Ponderosas, Sizzlers, Rustlers, even York Steak House. Just going to get a Steak, a baked potato & a salad was no big deal. I think Emerson's downtown was one of the first times I went to one of those steak places. They were all over back then. Now it's a Big Deal to get a steak. Why?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#74 demopublican

demopublican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Big deal to get a steak? Go to outback and get the Outback Special. What? 12 bucks with a couple of sides? Not fine dining but a decent steak. The whole menu has too much salt but the steaks are not bad for the money. Just don't eat that disgusting blooming fat bomb.

Edited by demopublican, 15 September 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#75 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

Yeah it's a Big Deal! Think about it. You mentioned Outback, well those and Longhorn are the only 2 I can think of now when there Used to be Steak places all over! Seems it used to be as easy to go and get a Steak as it is to get a Burger. At one time there was a Rustler/Sizzler, a Ponderosa and a York Steak House just within a couple miles of each other. A long time ago when my folks were still alive I asked to go to Outback when they were relatively new for my B'day 'cause I'd never been there. It was OK but from the commercials I expected something different. I think I've only been back to them once or twice in 10yrs or so, On another note we used to Lunch at Lone Star places from work several years back, they were OK but I think they're gone too now. Took a date to the Longhorn last year, never been there before either and wasn't impressed. For what I paid the size of the steak was 1/2 of what I thought it should have been. From my travels over the years it seems out West it's much better. Denver had some Fantastic Steakhouses but I haven't been out there for many years now. The only place out that way I've been in the last 10yrs is LV which is good. Main Street Stations' buffet downtown has T-Bone nite every Tuesday for $13.99. They're assembly line and kind of thin but you can go back up and get more. Sam's Town has Prime Rib on their dinner buffet every night for $14.99, I have them cut me a big slice and Burn it some on the grille. Maybe it's just easier to buy them at the market and burn them on the grille yourself at home. IF you have a grille that is. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users