Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PurpleCat

Matt Ryan Sucks

78 posts in this topic

3rd year QB just throws an int on 1st down to Polomalu in a tie game. Steelers on the 30 yard line with less than 2 minutes to go.

His new name should be "Mattie Slushy."

Joe has a better arm - he could have made that throw that Polamalu intercepted.

Joe has a better command of his team and more poise in the pocket

could it be possible that one of the best defenders in the NFL made a great play?

But Mattie is supposed to be Peyton Jr.

could it be possible that one of the best defenders in the NFL made a great play?

Ryan stared his receiver down the entire time waiting for him to run his route. Made the play easier for Hair Polamalu.

67.6 QB rating on the game.

Ryan telegraphed that pass that led to the interception. He had been telegraphing his passes all day, and finally and all-pro takes advantage of an inept, young QB.

The Falcons sucked as a whole in that they played into the Steelers' hands with that grind it out, ball control offense. The Falcons played not to lose on the road an lost to a team that could not score.

Matty Slushie made it real easy for him. Stared down the receiver the whole time, didn't see Hair Ball shadowing the play at all.

could it be possible that Ryan is just an o.k. Q.B. and nothing special?

Could be. Reminds me of Chad Pennington. Roddy White goes wild. We have 4 of him.

Matt Ryan looked very ordinary today. That said, the player that I really thought looked awful was Michael Turner. It looked as though he was running in slow motion. Could it be that the Falcons have already worn him out?

Matt Ryan did look very average today against the Steelers defense. Not certain if this is a reflection of simply playing against a stop 5 defensive unit, or just being an inadequate quarterback. I would venture to say a little bit of both.

Could it be possible that Flacco is the same?

This was my concern going into '10 - old mundane Mularkey and his bull**** play calling. When you have a QB like this guy you have to cater to his abilities as well as the abilities of the guys around him. Mundane Mike hasn't figured that out yet and I honestly wonder if he ever will.

Grant it Matty made some questionable decisions of his own out there -- give Pitt credit for a lot of that -- but I'm laying most of this sorely at the door of Mundane Mike. Damn this one hurt.

You are exactly right. I "had" to take him in fantasy as my qb. He is not all that.

Yea, I took him too. :mad:

Matt Ryan looked very ordinary today. That said, the player that I really thought looked awful was Michael Turner. It looked as though he was running in slow motion. Could it be that the Falcons have already worn him out?

Could it be possible the defensive scheme made Matt Ryan look average??

The funny part about the INT was that Stockton called him Matty Ice DURING the play.

Someone needs to tell Stockton that the cute nicknames shoujld be used when the guy is doing good, not handing the friggin' game away.

The Falcons are going nowhere with those two lines. Their D line is terrible and their O-line is going to get Ryan killed.

Could it be possible the defensive scheme made Matt Ryan look average??

Nice try at your 150th troll post of the day, but the Falcons lines are horrible.

Come back and make a little noise when you actually beat a real football team.

Nice try at your 150th troll post of the day, but the Falcons lines are horrible.

Come back and make a little noise when you actually beat a real football team.

I'm a troll? ok

The steelers do have an excellent defense and I think they are being underrated as a whole because Ben is out. Their defense and running game will keep them in game in the short term.

His new name should be "Mattie Slushy."

Joe has a better arm - he could have made that throw that Polamalu intercepted.

Joe has a better command of his team and more poise in the pocket

Joe the Quarterback hon threw a game losing pick six in the AFC Championship to Polamalu...FYI.