26 replies to this topic

#1 bluecrab420

bluecrab420

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

Yesterday while using Maryland Judiciary Case Search I found old information on a cousin I have not heard from in over a year. This morning my sister called to tell me he was found dead. Very odd!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 jadedsue

jadedsue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

That's kinda creepy...

#3 lilywhyte

lilywhyte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yesterday while using Maryland Judiciary Case Search I found old information on a cousin I have not heard from in over a year. This morning my sister called to tell me he was found dead. Very odd!

'Tis odd, b.c. Sorry to hear of your cousin's death. What made you think of him yesterday?

#4 mister spock

mister spock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

I found a co-worker's traffic violations, bankruptcy and drug possession history on this website. I also have found ongoing as well as completed court cases involving a friend here on OM. You can look up your neighbors, your boss, your girlfriend's old boyfriends..... the sky is the limit.

It's pretty creepy, I have to agree jadedsue. I don't go to that site any more. The information is just too personal in my opinion.

Bluecrab, sorry to hear about your relative.

#5 jadedsue

jadedsue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

I found a co-worker's traffic violations, bankruptcy and drug possession history on this website. I also have found ongoing as well as completed court cases involving a friend here on OM. You can look up your neighbors, your boss, your girlfriend's old boyfriends..... the sky is the limit.

It's pretty creepy, I have to agree jadedsue. I don't go to that site any more. The information is just too personal in my opinion.

Bluecrab, sorry to hear about your relative.

I agree that it is very personal. Sometimes I cringe when looking up somebody. That's part of the slow infiltration of Big Brother into everyones' life.

#6 DadM

DadM

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

Court proceedings have always been public info, unless specially sealed or specialty, such as juvenile, type cases. Case Search just saves the trip to the courthouse.
I highly recommend running criminal names listed in paper- you learn a lot about justice system that way. I'll also run anyone my kids may ever decide to marry, any new neighbors, new employees...you learn a lot about who you just may not want to fully trust!!

#7 bluecrab420

bluecrab420

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

'Tis odd, b.c. Sorry to hear of your cousin's death. What made you think of him yesterday?

I have no idea why I thought of him. He was only 60, I'm 64!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 lilywhyte

lilywhyte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

I have no idea why I thought of him. He was only 60, I'm 64!

Both young ages; I would say it was coincidence except for the fact that you seem to be attuned to nature, preternaturally so. :) Love to you, Joe!

Let me know if you learn more; it's a fascinating conundrum.

#9 Olive

Olive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

this kind of stuff happens to me all the time ...just recently too ...a gal i mentioned in a thread about dundalk was murdered a few days later ...i was in egypt ...one night in egypt she was really on my mind ...i looked her up ...and by mistake spelled the last name wrong ...so i didnt get any hits which was a good thing as i would have packed my bags ...and hopped a plane ...

a few years ago ...i was cutting the grass ...and got a flash that a friend of mine had died ...i stopped cutting the grass ...came in the house ...looked up the sun obits ...and there he was ...

i had a dream about another friend ...in the dream she just was lying on a bench ...for some reason i knew something was wrong ...i called her to find out she was very sick ...

#10 lilywhyte

lilywhyte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

this kind of stuff happens to me all the time ...just recently too ...a gal i mentioned in a thread about dundalk was murdered a few days later ...i was in egypt ...one night in egypt she was really on my mind ...i looked her up ...and by mistake spelled the last name wrong ...so i didnt get any hits which was a good thing as i would have packed my bags ...and hopped a plane ...

a few years ago ...i was cutting the grass ...and got a flash that a friend of mine had died ...i stopped cutting the grass ...came in the house ...looked up the sun obits ...and there he was ...

i had a dream about another friend ...in the dream she just was lying on a bench ...for some reason i knew something was wrong ...i called her to find out she was very sick ...

Wow, Olive! Do you feel these occurrences were a result of a "gift?' (Although, that's a weighty gift.) You are one of the most self-actualized individuals I know. It would be so cool to meet you in the flesh. :)

#11 bluecrab420

bluecrab420

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Wow, Olive! Do you feel these occurrences were a result of a "gift?' (Although, that's a weighty gift.) You are one of the most self-actualized individuals I know. It would be so cool to meet you in the flesh. :)

How about meeting Olive on a camel!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 lilywhyte

lilywhyte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

How about meeting Olive on a camel!

Even better! That photo astounds me, Joe. Thanks, sweetie! :) Maybe we'll all meet some day.

#13 bluecrab420

bluecrab420

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

Even better! That photo astounds me, Joe. Thanks, sweetie! :) Maybe we'll all meet some day.

You have me blushing now! :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 lilywhyte

lilywhyte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

You have me blushing now! :o

Aw, Joe; you're a beautiful, wonderful person. Always remember that! :)

#15 Olive

Olive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

lily ...i see hear and feel things most people dont...i think these skills were honed in well ...because of growing up in an abusive household ...to protect myself i had to predict what others might do ...

its kinda cool at times ...and other times kinda creepy ...giggles ...

#16 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

I use it to keep track of the continuing goings-ons of my old next door neighbor and friend who spiraled out of control after becoming addicted to pain killers for his bad back. It is really sad the things that drugs can do to you. His record is completely clean before he stole painkillers from his next door neighbor the State Trooper. After that, it seems that he forgot that you shouldn't carry a gun while driving drunk on a suspended license and hitting other cars and driving away.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#17 DadM

DadM

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

I use it to keep track of the continuing goings-ons of my old next door neighbor and friend who spiraled out of control after becoming addicted to pain killers for his bad back. It is really sad the things that drugs can do to you. His record is completely clean before he stole painkillers from his next door neighbor the State Trooper. After that, it seems that he forgot that you shouldn't carry a gun while driving drunk on a suspended license and hitting other cars and driving away.

I knew I was forgetting something..........

#18 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

I knew I was forgetting something..........

Odd thing is, he didn't do any jail time for the drunk driving, driving on a revoked license, theft or any of the other crazy stupid ****. He ended up doing time for violating the the restraining order his ex-wife got. He kept calling her. He went to jail.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#19 leon

leon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

Court proceedings have always been public info, unless specially sealed or specialty, such as juvenile, type cases. Case Search just saves the trip to the courthouse.
I highly recommend running criminal names listed in paper- you learn a lot about justice system that way. I'll also run anyone my kids may ever decide to marry, any new neighbors, new employees...you learn a lot about who you just may not want to fully trust!!

I have an apartment I rent out, part of our multiunit building. I check the MD case search and also google prospective tenants. One applicant had a lengthy record going back to the 1980s with all kinds of offenses - traffic, paternity, CDS, assault. Needless to say, I didn't rent to this person. I can understand someone having an issue at some point, but a long history of such issues says "keep away" to me.

Another applicant I googled and I found this person had an extensive arts, community and non profit background. This person has been an excellent tenant and a great person to have around.

#20 Jeffro126

Jeffro126

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

I use it to keep track of family. Case search and the MD Gazette DUI tracker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users