Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kathaksung

10 of 11 Poorest States Are Red States!

103 posts in this topic

10 of 11 Poorest States Are Red States!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/11-poorest-states-in-the-_n_742967.html#s146769

But why is it like that when GOP says their economic policy is much better?

You did read where most of the states that are red only voted for a GOP president........ did you read where the majority of those states are actually controlled on a day to day basis by a Democratic Governor. It kinda puts things in perspective a little.. changes the flavor of your thread title.

It should read.

"10 of 11 poorest states controlled by Democratic Governor ..shouldn't it??"

Who gives a damn about the aggregate?:P

It is the individual that matters.;)

LOLOLOLOL Mississippi, is that "really" a state or just an offshore home to union thugs? :)

Well... it is fitting that one tin-foil shrink-wrapped kook fringe nutter associates poverty with 'Red States' and the other tin-fin foil shrink-wrapped kook fringe nutter is a Gaian Warmer religious nut.:P:D

The nutteria is of the Left.

You did read where most of the states that are red only voted for a GOP president........ did you read where the majority of those states are actually controlled on a day to day basis by a Democratic Governor. It kinda puts things in perspective a little.. changes the flavor of your thread title.

It should read.

"10 of 11 poorest states controlled by Democratic Governor ..shouldn't it??"

Maybe you could be so kind as to enlighten us as to which 4 of these Governors of the states in the article are Democrats?

Haley Barbour, Governor of Mississippi

Rick Perry, Governor of Texas

Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina

Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana

Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama

1. Who controls the largest cities in those states?

I don't have time to research that at the moment.

And if it comes out anything like who the Governors of those States are, you should be thankful of that.

2. What is the cost of living in those states, compared to the "rich" states?

Ok, I know this one! It tends to be kind of low. But, you know what?

That's factored in already, and they still have the highest percentages.

In 2009, 14.3 percent of all Americans -- or 42.9 million people -- had incomes that fell below the official poverty line, which varies from state to state.

What's that you can't fix?:D

Here's another fun fact.

Did you know that of the 5 Dem Governors, 4 were preceded by Republicans?

Ernie Fletcher, former Governor of Kentucky

Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas

Gary E. Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico

Don Sundquist, former Governor of Tennessee

But of course, I'm sure those States weren't poor back then. :rolleyes:

Maybe you could be so kind as to enlighten us as to which 4 of these Governors of the states in the article are Democrats?

Texas is one of the 10 poorest states? Really? And how long has LA had a Repub governor? As you are so fond of saying, how long should it take for a Repub governor to correct the corruption and incompetence of generations of total Dem control?

Here's another fun fact.

Did you know that of the 5 Dem Governors, 4 were preceded by Republicans?

Ernie Fletcher, former Governor of Kentucky

Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas

Gary E. Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico

Don Sundquist, former Governor of Tennessee

But of course, I'm sure those States weren't poor back then. :rolleyes:

And how many of those governors suffered from Dem legislatures?

It seems that political party affiliation isn't what determines wealth or poverty since the south has been historically poor whether controlled by Republicans or Democrats. People in those states do tend to be more conservative and more religious (predominantly Christian), and perhaps the world view that comes along with those characteristics makes it difficult to seek wealth.

It seems that political party affiliation isn't what determines wealth or poverty since the south has been historically poor whether controlled by Republicans or Democrats. People in those states do tend to be more conservative and more religious (predominantly Christian), and perhaps the world view that comes along with those characteristics makes it difficult to seek wealth.

The South is also the area being most inundated by illegals.

The South is also the area being most inundated by illegals.

California seems to get its fair share as well. In any event, those states are probably least able to provide the kinds of services illegals demand, so their presence only makes matters worse for the legal residents.

Southern poverty and the conservative bent is an interesting mix since so many people in those states take advantage of the very social programs Republicans are fond of cutting. It would be interesting to see how those states would survive with deep cuts to social programs.

Texas is one of the 10 poorest states? Really?

Well technically speaking, one of the States with the highest percentage of people living under the poverty level, yes.

And how long has LA had a Repub governor?

LOL I don't think they've ever had a Governor, of either party.

As you are so fond of saying, how long should it take for a Repub governor to correct the corruption and incompetence of generations of total Dem control?

Let's see now. The deep South tilted dramatically towards the Republicans after the passage of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts of....what....1964 and 1965?

Who's falt is it? Lets look at the Governors and Party History shall we.

1. Since Mississippi became a state, it has had 63 governors, including 55 Democrats and 5 Republicans.

2. Arkansas has had only 4 Republican Governors in the last 120+ years.

3. Kentucky, since 1931 only three of the nineteen elected governors have been from the Republican party. Ernie Fletcher, elected in 2003, was the last Republican to hold the office.

4. Washington D.C., this is where all the elected Goverment folks call Home..

5. New Mexico- 11 republicans from 1912 to current, 15- dems

6. West Virginia - 19-dems 15-repub (2001 to current-DEMs)

7. Alabama- 44- Dems 4-Repubs

8. Louisiana - 4- Repubs in the last 130 years

Should I go on.........

From the responses to the article.

It certainly sheds a different light than the title of the thread indicated and I'm sure with further investigation the whole truth will be exposed.

Even your response didn't come up with the requisite 10 states..did it?

I don't have time to research that at the moment.

And if it comes out anything like who the Governors of those States are, you should be thankful of that.

Ok, I know this one! It tends to be kind of low. But, you know what?

That's factored in already, and they still have the highest percentages.

The "poverty line" is an arbitrary thing. I can live on a farm that I own, growing my own food and selling some from my own farm stand and be below the arbitrary gov't "poverty line" and still have a decent life without needing food stamps, etc.

The problem with gov't programs is that they are not designed to do what they should be doing; getting people off the dole and making them self supporting. They are designed to bring people onto the dole who were getting by just fine without it and making them gov't supported freeloaders who won't take care of themselves.

There's another explanation: Reconstruction is still a reality. The Confederate States of the Civil War are still recovering from the damage dealt there.

Who's falt is it? Lets look at the Governors and Party History shall we.

1. Since Mississippi became a state, it has had 63 governors, including 55 Democrats and 5 Republicans.

2. Arkansas has had only 4 Republican Governors in the last 120+ years.

3. Kentucky, since 1931 only three of the nineteen elected governors have been from the Republican party. Ernie Fletcher, elected in 2003, was the last Republican to hold the office.

4. Washington D.C., this is where all the elected Goverment folks call Home..

5. New Mexico- 11 republicans from 1912 to current, 15- dems

6. West Virginia - 19-dems 15-repub (2001 to current-DEMs)

7. Alabama- 44- Dems 4-Repubs

8. Louisiana - 4- Repubs in the last 130 years

Should I go on.........

From the responses to the article.

It certainly sheds a different light than the title of the thread indicated and I'm sure with further investigation the whole truth will be exposed.

Even your response didn't come up with the requisite 10 states..did it?

You may want to study up on Republicans/Democratic shift in ideology that attracted conservatives and white Southerners from the Democratic coalition to the Republican base with their resistance to New Deal and Great Society liberalism.

In other words most of those Governors that were Democratic 40 + years ago would be would have been in the Republican Party today.

LOLOLOLOL Mississippi, is that "really" a state or just an offshore home to union thugs? :)

You're trying to draw out aboutwell, aren't you? ;)B):D

California seems to get its fair share as well. In any event, those states are probably least able to provide the kinds of services illegals demand, so their presence only makes matters worse for the legal residents.

Southern poverty and the conservative bent is an interesting mix since so many people in those states take advantage of the very social programs Republicans are fond of cutting. It would be interesting to see how those states would survive with deep cuts to social programs.

What social programs have ever been cut? Under any Administration?

And CA is a perfect example of Leftist ideology overwhelming common sense. Illegals are one of the primary reasons that CA is bankrupt. They coddle them, pay for them, and don't require that they keep the money they earn in CA in CA.

Well technically speaking, one of the States with the highest percentage of people living under the poverty level, yes.

And Texas has one of the highest percentages of illegals.

LOL I don't think they've ever had a Governor, of either party.

Really? So, Jindahl is not the governor?

http://www.google.com/aff?p=JZDLTkMxDETX92dSJ3b8QEJ8S-w4FFHUit7S3-cipFnNzOLonPf99nI6sZbKVphKxXqKy0d8ltv59havQmxqbubibhHJfQZUxzUkp5DI4mFEDK1LH20oDcaE6AGgJgTJFuJtTs05Ul2AwQa2iGaKjrJMXY1Bj7vRUQ5l4Ixly7GRdvHoijAdmeaxK0ozCJ_TOXLSgVQ75egox3kFNqwNMrDWQeFOPZtZ07SsC5KasIZg1wGy1XZEhQWp1w0KIMN2_tfyfD7L-_Wn3PexZ7mM8riftr_yHtfHd4nr11aFSju0VSsiG6auCqgKqx9sUZOY1tDRqbnR-AU~

Let's see now. The deep South tilted dramatically towards the Republicans after the passage of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts of....what....1964 and 1965?

And has bounced back and forth between Dem and Repub ever since. Besides, I was talking specifically about LA, where the Dem regime abandoned their constituents to the tender mercies of Katrina, just to save their own miserable hides.