• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 thehats

thehats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

The first half of the 2-hour premiere leaked online and I must say.... I think I'll have a new favorite show next week. The makeup effects on the extras are astounding, and the human element of the show really shines. I think this is going to be a runaway hit.

#2 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

I'm gonna watch because she's in it. And it ain't because she's a great actress. :D

Seriously, now that Mad Men is done for the season, there is a hole in my schedule.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#3 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

Well I enjoy zombie movies so I will check this program out. Just wish AMC was in HD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 chatsworth

chatsworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Is this the one that was filmed in Atlanta? Over the 4th of July weekend my friend and I were walking through part of Atlanta and there was a film crew out. We stopped and talked to someone related to it, I think he was a set manager or something...he said they were filming for a new zombie series on AMC (I think). I'll have to tune in and watch...

#5 SiliconSabre

SiliconSabre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

The first half of the 2-hour premiere leaked online and I must say.... I think I'll have a new favorite show next week. The makeup effects on the extras are astounding, and the human element of the show really shines. I think this is going to be a runaway hit.

Vampire (the Superman genre) and Zombie (reality film about the typical tv watchers) are beginning to die out. They die out as the audience starts to reach 13.

#6 Bassman

Bassman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

I'm gonna watch because she's in it. And it ain't because she's a great actress. :D

Seriously, now that Mad Men is done for the season, there is a hole in my schedule.

Larry,

if there's a hole in your schedule, might I suggest you track down Lost Girl. Since it's only on Canadian TV at the moment, you'll have to "acquire" it, but it's six episodes into its debut season and really, really cool.

#7 TheJoKeR!

TheJoKeR!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

I loved it! It was a great premiere.

For those who don't know, it is adapted from a comic book with the same title. The comic is very character driven and deals with the human emotion of living in this new world with zombies. It is very good.

I think this show will do well. I'll be loving Sunday evenings for once. :D

#8 thehats

thehats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

aint it cool news said it rated 3.3
dexter never hit above 0.9
true blood's highest was 3.2
mad men and breaking bad both were at best 1.0
sons of anarchy pulls in 1.6

can't wait to see more of this. looks like TV has it's new 'lost'. i hope the low 6-episode count for this first season means we get much more substance with our style, being that it's only about 6 hours of total footage, making it more a miniseries than a full series. but, assuming the numbers continue the trend, it's going to be huge. and it'll get it's full season order.

#9 Bassman

Bassman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Really? You guys liked it? Man, I tried to like it, but after an hour I'd had enough and gave up. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of zombie experience, but as a dyed-in-the-wool scifi guy, the hype surrounding the show gave me hope that I might like it. However, you guys should be glad that I'm not going to watch it since any scifi show I enjoy gets cancelled early on. Firefly, Dollhouse, Caprica, Flash Forward and Journeyman just to name a few. TV has its new Lost? I'll take that bet.

#10 Peterman

Peterman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

I thought it was pretty good. Will be interesting to see how it progresses as a series.
I know what you're going through. I too once fell under the spell of Ravensfever. It was 1999. I was traveling in Fells Point in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown. All of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "What time is it?!?" he shouted. That was all it took.

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Well I enjoy zombie movies so I will check this program out. Just wish AMC was in HD.

It isn't? I get it in HD with Comcast in the city.

#12 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

Enjoyable. I will give it another week and see if I get hooked.

#13 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

I liked the first episode. The 2nd has lost me. The subplots are dragging it down. His wife thinks he's dead and is doing his former partner. A bunch are trapped in a building, and of course there's a redneck bigot with a motley group that looks like the U.N. Despite the fact that there's only some glass doors keeping the zombies out, it's taking them forever to break in. Plus a few scenes that led nowhere.

I had hopes...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#14 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

It isn't? I get it in HD with Comcast in the city.

I have direct TV. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 barrysanders20

barrysanders20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

This show is the truth. Good writing, good acting, and great cinematography. It's one of the best shows on television.

#16 TheJoKeR!

TheJoKeR!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

This show is the truth. Good writing, good acting, and great cinematography. It's one of the best shows on television.

I 2nd that.

4.7 million viewers for the 2nd episode and they have confirmed a 2nd season as well.

If anyone has read the comic, it gets crazy! Let's see how much they change around. Either way it is a great show.

#17 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

I liked the first episode. The 2nd has lost me. The subplots are dragging it down. His wife thinks he's dead and is doing his former partner. A bunch are trapped in a building, and of course there's a redneck bigot with a motley group that looks like the U.N. Despite the fact that there's only some glass doors keeping the zombies out, it's taking them forever to break in. Plus a few scenes that led nowhere.

I had hopes...

Finally had a chance to watch week 2 and have to agree it was pretty stupid that the only thing holding the zombies out was the thin glass doors. One would think they'd barricade them with something or they'd easily break though. Also I don't understand why they didn't go back for his gun bag when they had vehicles, ohh and why doesn't the tank work? Besides that, its a pretty decent show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

I 2nd that.

4.7 million viewers for the 2nd episode and they have confirmed a 2nd season as well.

If anyone has read the comic, it gets crazy! Let's see how much they change around. Either way it is a great show.

I'll be curious to see how many for the 3rd episode. I was one of those 4.7 million, and now my attitude is- if I catch it, fine, if I miss it- oh well!

They've already changed it around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#19 thehats

thehats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

I'll be curious to see how many for the 3rd episode. I was one of those 4.7 million, and now my attitude is- if I catch it, fine, if I miss it- oh well!

They've already changed it around.

the woman who directed that episode doesnt direct any of the remaining 4.

this season is only 6 episodes. don't give up on it already.

#20 highmc2

highmc2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

Agreed, but for me, the scheduling hurts the show.

It's just not the type of program that I enjoy watching at 10pm on a Sunday.

Now, 10pm on a Tuesday or Thursday, is much more open to the apocalyptic.
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Henry David Thoreau

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. Nietzche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users