thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

400 posts in this topic

Last night's episode was depressing

Very hard to watch the mental and physical torture Daryl is experiencing

Last night's episode was depressing

Very hard to watch the mental and physical torture Daryl is experiencing

I thought the harder part was what Dwight did with the escapee who was supposedly his friend.

Whelp, you get to see how Negan runs things. He thinks he is a reasonable man.

Based on the material they have from the comics, they could have cliffhung that episode in two different ways which would have been awesome. Maybe they're saving these plot lines for later.

Still, I was like, "C'mon!"

It was a pretty dull episode

With the extra 15-20 minutes I was expecting more to happen

It's like, we get it. Neagan is a pretty cruel guy. I'm not sure why they've needed to spend so much time driving home how bad the guy is

Edited by soulflower

Negan! One of the things I think the comic portrays better about Negan is his belief that he really is a reasonable guy. He does cruel things not because he wants to but because he has to. Then again, he blames his atrocities on Lucille, which is just him excusing himself from being a psychopath.

The show did drag on and with the extra time I kind of expected a cliffhanger because in the comics two important plot items happen right after Negan leaves.

Maybe next week. Or maybe they're gonna slow walk it to the mid season break.

This us really a good season .....

It is really tense and the wifey is on edge tge entire show......

We just can't watch it on Sunday anymore because of the commercials .....

It's our Monday night guilty pleasure now on dvr .....

Heh! They toned down the one scene. In the comics, when Gregory told Maggie that Negan was a reasonable person, she laid down a world class whupazzing on him.

I think they're going to slow roll the show to the mid season break. Thus the Carl and Enid side show.

Enid seriously annoys me.  For starters, what kind of awful hipster name is "Enid"?  Otherwise, she's a completely annoying emo teenager that winds up causing trouble for her stupid emo behaviors. 

Negan seriously cracks me up.  I know he's a psychopath, and I'm supposed to hate him, but I can't stop laughing at his one liners.  I know some thought Henry Rollins would have made a better Negan(but yeah, the acting thing and all) because of his physical resemblance, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a really good portrayal and you can tell he's having fun with the role.  Same goes for the the dude playing Gregory.  This is definitely one of the best cast show adaptations I can ever recall.

So so episode .....

Pretty much over Carl and maggie both .....

Really wouldn't mind seeing maggie get whacked .....

This season is going to be a slog. They've painted themselves into a corner with the Saviors. There's nothing else to do with them until Rick and Co. start to fight back and it's going to take a season for this to evolve to a place where they can kill Neegan. And he's such a big villain that they probably can't do that so soon.

I think they should shorten seasons to 12 episodes to get rid of all the clutter.

This week's episode had the lowest ratings since Season 3

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/23/walking-dead-ratings

AMC has already approved Season 8 but they need to work on the pacing and storyline

Still, 11 million views is something most shows would kill for.   I think they have better material from the comics to run with right now but they don't seem to be using it.  

Enid seriously annoys me.  For starters, what kind of awful hipster name is "Enid"?  Otherwise, she's a completely annoying emo teenager that winds up causing trouble for her stupid emo behaviors. 

Negan seriously cracks me up.  I know he's a psychopath, and I'm supposed to hate him, but I can't stop laughing at his one liners.  I know some thought Henry Rollins would have made a better Negan(but yeah, the acting thing and all) because of his physical resemblance, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a really good portrayal and you can tell he's having fun with the role.  Same goes for the the dude playing Gregory.  This is definitely one of the best cast show adaptations I can ever recall.

Enid makes a poor stand-in for Sophia who is still alive in the comics.

Another side show episode of Tara gets lost in the woods. Yawn.

Another side show episode of Tara gets lost in the woods. Yawn.

I kinda liked it.  In the end, it just makes Negan's network seem even that more dominating. 

I kinda liked it.  In the end, it just makes Negan's network seem even that more dominating.

I thought it was terrible. It focused on two secondary characters without much story to it. I see another ratings slide after this one.

Even if it goes down to 10 million viewers it will still be doing great but the point is that advertisers pay for viewers. If viewership is down by a third then the advertisers are going to want a rate cut. If they get it then the bean counters start to chime in and they lead down the road to cancellation.

probably use the oceanside guns to fight the saviors .....

That's the only way I see it as relevant .......

The whole season has been single threaded, 1 story line per show with just a couple characters per show .....

The actors are getting a lot of time off this season ......

I thought it was terrible. It focused on two secondary characters without much story to it. I see another ratings slide after this one.

Even if it goes down to 10 million viewers it will still be doing great but the point is that advertisers pay for viewers. If viewership is down by a third then the advertisers are going to want a rate cut. If they get it then the bean counters start to chime in and they lead down the road to cancellation.

I thought it was a good episode overall. One of the better episodes of Season 7 IMO

The only thing I didn't like was Tara's acting. On a show full of strong actors and actresses, she's one of the weakest.

I don't think we will see the Heath character again. The actor who plays Heath seems to have taken a better gig on the "24" reboot

probably use the oceanside guns to fight the saviors .....

That's the only way I see it as relevant .......

The whole season has been single threaded, 1 story line per show with just a couple characters per show .....

The actors are getting a lot of time off this season ......

I'm beginning to find that pattern annoying. I think they really began to overuse it starting in Season 4

I think the show would be paced better if multiple plot lines were covered on most episodes.

Edited by soulflower

I'm beginning to find that pattern annoying. I think they really began to overuse it starting in Season 4

I think the show would be paced better if multiple plot lines were covered on most episodes.

The problem with that is the show become disjointed. Imagine if last week's episode and this one were cut together so that both plot lines took two shows to finish.

They're already meandering badly. I'll bet one shiny penny they are slow rolling towards the mid season break. They only got two more shows.

I thought it was a good episode overall. One of the better episodes of Season 7 IMO

The only thing I didn't like was Tara's acting. On a show full of strong actors and actresses, she's one of the weakest.

I don't think we will see the Heath character again. The actor who plays Heath seems to have taken a better gig on the "24" reboot

Yea, she was weak ....

What was that, cool, hip, scared? ....

The problem with that is the show become disjointed. Imagine if last week's episode and this one were cut together so that both plot lines took two shows to finish.

They're already meandering badly. I'll bet one shiny penny they are slow rolling towards the mid season break. They only got two more shows.

It's basically gotten to the point of "hey something interesting/important happened, so we're going to ignore if for 2-3 episodes."

A lot of things in motion after last night's episode.  The "relationship" between Carl and Negan begins...and you get a deeper look into Negan's mind, which is an almost childlike depravity.  The scene with him on the porch with Judith truly made my stomach turn. 

On the otherhand, Negan is highly entertaining, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at his one liners. 

I have mixed feelings so far about this season. Hopefully next week's mid season finale doesn't disappoint

In spoiler news, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is signed on for Season 8 so the Negan character is here to stay at least through next season