thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

400 posts in this topic

I have mixed feelings so far about this season. Hopefully next week's mid season finale doesn't disappoint

In spoiler news, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is signed on for Season 8 so the Negan character is here to stay at least through next season

Negan's not going nowhere any time soon.  He's still alive in the comics, and still a big part of the story.  I seriously doubt they deviate much, because the storyline becomes incredibly fascinating.

Edited by alienrace

I wonder who they'll cast as Alpha and Lydia. They're starting to run out of material.

I wonder who they'll cast as Alpha and Lydia. They're starting to run out of material.

It's getting close, but I'd say they have about 2.5 more seasons before they're caught up to the comic books.  I think this season builds towards all out war with Negan and the Saviors, next season is mostly about that, then the season after that will start with the 2 year time jump, that is if they stick to that, and I think they should.

I always wondered why they've never had any government type organizations other than the CDC in season 1. 

Thoughts on the Midseason finale?

I thought it was a solid episode. I'm definitely interested in seeing how Rick and the crew plan on taking on Neagan

"Oh, there's your guts!  There were inside you all along!  I've never been more wrong about something in my entire LIFE!". 

I was literally rolling on the floor.  And it's not like Spencer didn't deserve it either.  What a slimy weasel.  It's becoming clear that Negan respects people with guts, and has no use for people with poor character.  Quite ironic considering he is well, quite a madman.

I suspect the second half of the season will be the build up to the war.  Maybe get into a bit, and have some cliffhanger during a battle.

I always wondered why they've never had any government type organizations other than the CDC in season 1.

Between Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead, the premise is that the government collapsed pretty quickly. If the Marines stormed in to save the day in the first half of the first season then that would be that. Show over.

Not a bad episode .....

Cheesy ending .....

Rah, rah, here we go team .....

Solid episode

Suddenly it seems like there are more living people than Walkers

Yeah, the "In Memoriam" portion of Talking Dead lasted one scene, lol.

Good episode.  Moving quickly towards the "All Out War" portion of the comics. 

Two episodes in a row that were very well done

Hopefully a sign of the show getting back on track

I was curious about the song “Easy Street” that the Saviors played to torture Daryl. It was sung by the Collapsible Hearts Club featuring Jim Bianco and Petra Haden. I found out that Petra Haden is a triplet daughter of the late jazz bassist Charlie Haden.

Easy Street - For your listening pleasure.

I'm enjoying the past few episodes so far despite the lack of violence

Dwight's story is fascinating on so many levels. 

The "Bury Me" episode was all around the best Walking Dead episode I've seen in quite some time

I'm pleased so far with the writing and acting performances in the second half of Season 7 although I thought the lead up to Sasha and Rosita's imminent deaths was weakly done

Maybe they would've handled it better if they had more time for the episode.

I wish this was the last season.

I got some bad news for you.

I stopped watching the show and I'm about to give up on the comics. After the Savior story, guess what happens? I'm not even going to put a spoiler tag on it. Another group of crazies show up.

Edited by SemiAuto

I think this season has been pretty good. Even the slower, character moments have been good and that's usually what's turned me off in the past.

I got some bad news for you.

I stopped watching the show and I'm about to give up on the comics. After the Savior story, guess what happens? I'm not even going to put a spoiler tag on it. Another group of crazies show up.

I've watched from beginning and am losing interest fast.  AMC definitely has a formula for it's dramas and it's getting boring.

I think this season has been pretty good. Even the slower, character moments have been good and that's usually what's turned me off in the past.

I'm with you

I think the dramatic moments in the second half of season 7 have been great

I doubt much will happen in the finale this Sunday though. It looks like Negan will survive at least into Season 8

I'm with you

I think the dramatic moments in the second half of season 7 have been great

I doubt much will happen in the finale this Sunday though. It looks like Negan will survive at least into Season 8

I bet there's a cliffhanger.  :rolleyes:

I bet there's a cliffhanger.  :rolleyes:

You mean just like every single drama series in the history of television on their season finale?