thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

400 posts in this topic

I have watched TWD from the beginning. Can someone answer this question? If they are located in Alexandria (Virginia), then why does it seem that there are always leaves on the trees? It doesn't appear that it ever gets cold. Have the seasons gotten messed up somehow?

Edited by tsmonk

20 hours ago, tsmonk said:

I have watched TWD from the beginning. Can someone answer this question? If they are located in Alexandria (Virginia), then why does it seem that there are always leaves on the trees? It doesn't appear that it ever gets cold. Have the seasons gotten messed up somehow?

They haven’t been in Alexandria very long. Two seasons have seemed like maybe 3-6 months in the storyline...

Edited by soulflower

On 10/25/2017 at 10:05 AM, Eastside Terp said:

Spoiler alert.......

Urg, so why not just shoot neegan when he's standing right there ......

I suppose this post refers to when Negan and all his Lieutenants were on that porch maybe 50 feet away from an array of automatic weapons?  I wondered too.  Also, think back. Carl had him dead to rights twice - once in Alexandria and once from the back of the truck at the Sanctuary - and didn't kill him. Why?  My guess is below.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, alienrace said:

They didn't want to make a martyr out of him, Negan in death might be more dangerous than alive.

I think it's because Rick has to personally kill him, and I suspect it will be with that ax hanging off his belt.  Didn't he obtain that ax when Negan took him for a ride in the RV right after killing Glenn and Abraham?  

On 12/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, tsmonk said:

I'll go with the show still being filmed in Georgia so it is just a matter of production location.

That was probably one of the most boring shows I have ever watched .....

Just die already carl.....

On 2/28/2018 at 9:09 PM, Eastside Terp said:

That was probably one of the most boring shows I have ever watched .....

Just die already carl.....

Agreed.

I wish they would've gotten it over with at the end of the first half of the season. 

Such a drag. 

I have to agree, that was a terrible episode. 

This show seems to be going down hill fast. They need to change course or the ratings will keep declining. 

The only good thing for them is there isn't much to watch on TV on Sunday nights. So they're still getting solid ratings even with declining numbers...

On 3/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, soulflower said:

This show seems to be going down hill fast. They need to change course or the ratings will keep declining. 

The only good thing for them is there isn't much to watch on TV on Sunday nights. So they're still getting solid ratings even with declining numbers...

The writers do seem to like dragging a story for as long as possible.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:38 PM, Pickle20 said:

It's borderline quitable now.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, ivanbalt said:

Another week, another plot point dragging on.  :rolleyes:

To be fair, I've thought the past 2 episodes have been good. 

The pacing has improved. 

It has gotten a little better but it's still heading nowhere fast.

Plus, whenever this show has a large action scene like they did last week, it's so poorly filmed and edited...you can't tell what's even happening.

51 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It has gotten a little better but it's still heading nowhere fast.

Plus, whenever this show has a large action scene like they did last week, it's so poorly filmed and edited...you can't tell what's even happening.

I agree. Some of the action scenes have been B-movie Bad so far this season. 

Maybe it’s the cinematographer?

Ive heard that a lot of changes have been made to the Writers and crew over the years. 

On the flip side, the new Fear The Walking Dead trailer looks pretty good. I may give it another chance.

What did you think about the finale last night? Pretty predictable in most aspects, with a surprising twist here and there. I do have to admit, though, I don't have much interest in continuing watching this show next year.

However, I hope people are watching The Terror. Best show on TV right now.

Well certainly no real cliffhangers.  I guess that's a fitting end for a storyline that was dragged on forever.  Don't know what the next season will hold, but this show needs to end.

Posted (edited)

On 4/16/2018 at 11:12 AM, Pickle20 said:

What did you think about the finale last night? Pretty predictable in most aspects, with a surprising twist here and there. I do have to admit, though, I don't have much interest in continuing watching this show next year.

However, I hope people are watching The Terror. Best show on TV right now.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:58 AM, ivanbalt said:

Well certainly no real cliffhangers.  I guess that's a fitting end for a storyline that was dragged on forever.  Don't know what the next season will hold, but this show needs to end.

If that Season Finale were the Series Finale I'd be content with that. The writers and producers don't seem to care anymore. Why should we? 

On a related note, I watched the premiere for Fear the Walking Dead and came away with the impression that the Spin-off could now potentially be better than TWD. It was a very good episode and the new characters they introduced as well as Morgan are more interesting the main characters on FTWD. 

Edited by soulflower

No doubt FTWD is the better show now, and The Terror is awesome. 

13 hours ago, alienrace said:

No doubt FTWD is the better show now, and The Terror is awesome. 

Glad someone is watching.

Read the book. Amazing.

Horrible season.....

The Carl stink stayed on the whole year.....

They have run out of ideas, had to keep neagan alive .....

Could Rick have become more pathetic .....

FTWD delivered a shocker last night.  I suspect the storyline has another one in store.

5 hours ago, alienrace said:

FTWD delivered a shocker last night.  I suspect the storyline has another one in store.

Yeah. It’s really risky to kill off one of the show’s main characters but it’s a risk that will probably pay off for FTWD. 

All three episodes so far in the new season have been very good...

1 hour ago, soulflower said:

Yeah. It’s really risky to kill off one of the show’s main characters but it’s a risk that will probably pay off for FTWD. 

All three episodes so far in the new season have been very good...

I think there's something off about the cowboy too.  Something about his story is ultra creepy.  

On 5/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, SemiAuto said:

Season 9 should be the final season. TWD needs to be put out of its misery.

On the bright side, Fear The Walking Dead has finally become a good show...