thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

372 posts in this topic

finally a decent show this season .......

not a coincidence that the blonde wasn't in it .......

Disappointing season finale.

They left way too many unanswered questions. The Governor's storyline is getting ridiculous. He should be dead already.

well at least the blonde is dead .......

the focus on her dragged this whole season down .......

like I said, reminded me of the 4th? season of the soprano's where they focused on the wife ........

I thought the last 2 weeks where the best episodes of the season but I also wished they would have done of the governor since this guarantees that next season starts off with the same conflict especially since most of woodberry has moved to the prison ..........

man, they have a lot of mouths to feed at the prison but for us Wire fans, looks like "Cutty" will be part of next season ......

man, they have a lot of mouths to feed at the prison but for us Wire fans, looks like "Cutty" will be part of next season ......

Yeah, I'm pretty happy to see him getting a major role on the show. I watched him on Talking Dead last night and he seems like a pretty strong actor.

I'm also happy that they fired the lead writer Glen Mazzara. He's being replaced by Scott Gimple, who has written some of the best episodes of the show since season 2(including the one where Merle died).

It will be interesting to see where the arc with Rick and Carl's relationship goes next season. But I really don't see an interesting story going forward if the war with the governor continues through next season.

yea, carl is a little stone cold killer so that should be interesting to watch play out .......

still think rick and michon are going to hook up ........

by the way those 2 black dudes with the governor were looking at him and each other, have to think they won't just continue to follow him blindly ....

The first season was passable.  The Second season sucked so bad I quit watching it.

Edited by bullmikey

so far, so good .......

this threat from the inside is an interesting twist ......

cutty and d'angelo so 2 wire dudes in it now ..........

I was really disappointed with the way Season 3 ended. 

So far in S4, especially last night's episode, it seems like the show is getting back on track and interesting again...

First episode back on the air was good.  I don't know what I think about Carl.  His humanity was brought back but his humility of almost getting killed twice.  That is a tough day at the office.

Great episode last night.

My theory is that the people who are running the show now used the first half of season 4 to undo all the problems with the story and start fresh in the second half of the season. The rest of season 4 looks very promising...

I'm a dyed in the wool Sci-Fi guy but this is where I draw the line. Vampires like Christopher Lee and Mummies other Zombies and stuff were Cool to me back when I was a Teenager but that was a long time ago. Been to Plenty of Funerals since then with the latest an Aunt in NJ just back in January. I haven't seen anyone get back up yet. I even ended a relationship with one gal a few years back not solely because of but a contributing factor was her predilection for all these "Booga-Booga" movies. Too many evenings with her watching this stuff with me on the other side of the couch going out of my mind. I just can't take any of that stuff seriously or even for light entertainment for a second whatever the "Story" behind it.

I hope this week is better than last week which was one of the worse episodes I remember ......

how many more episodes are they going to take to reassemble the cast one by one .......

hope this isn't the season they jump the shark ......

I hope this week is better than last week which was one of the worse episodes I remember ......

how many more episodes are they going to take to reassemble the cast one by one .......

Second time I have seen this term "jump the shark"...what is this new buzz phrase, maybe I am just getting to old fogeyish.

Edited by Easton Raven

I suppose I am FAR more old fogeyish than originally assumed. Crap!....I am not even 50 yet.

Nah, it ain't you .......

just hasn't made it over to the slower lower :D .......

j/k ......

And I thought of myself as a rather hip 40-something. 

Plus...my memory is fading...I don't remember that episode of Happy Days.  Not sure if I saw it and forgot or maybe it aired when I was in HS and had "better things to do" and missed it.

I'm a dyed in the wool Sci-Fi guy but this is where I draw the line. Vampires like Christopher Lee and Mummies other Zombies and stuff were Cool to me back when I was a Teenager but that was a long time ago. Been to Plenty of Funerals since then with the latest an Aunt in NJ just back in January. I haven't seen anyone get back up yet. I even ended a relationship with one gal a few years back not solely because of but a contributing factor was her predilection for all these "Booga-Booga" movies. Too many evenings with her watching this stuff with me on the other side of the couch going out of my mind. I just can't take any of that stuff seriously or even for light entertainment for a second whatever the "Story" behind it.

TWD is more about surviving the end of the world/civilization than zombies

So far, I feel like Season 4 is a big improvement over Season 3 in terms of the direction of the show and the character development. I almost quit the show after the Season 3 finale.

Last night's episode was kind of slow but even the worst episodes of Season 4 are better than Season 3. I do think that TWD could benefit from a shorter season.

Edited by soulflower

Am I the only one who is enjoying the new direction of the show's storyline?

I also kind of feel like Rick is being written out of he storyline. The character development of other characters seems to be setting the show up for a Rick departure...

I like this season. But the decisions these guys make are too unrealistic. Nobody would march into the train tunnel. Nobody.

Almost as bad as when they lowered him into the well (or was that a cistern?)

I like this season. But the decisions these guys make are too unrealistic. Nobody would march into the train tunnel. Nobody.Almost as bad as when they lowered him into the well (or was that a cistern?)

Yeah. I thought the tunnel thing was unnecessarily dangerous. But I think it was meant to show how determined Glen was to find Maggie

Solid and disturbing season finale.

I think Season 4 is the best season of the show so far...