thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

369 posts in this topic

I wonder if Morgan is the one putting W's on people's heads and tying naked women up in the woods?

that's what a lot of folks in the internet are saying, i.e. its a M not a W ......

so rick is losing it but what about the relative morality issue .......

in a situation like they are in, is the old lady right to overlook domestic violence because of the value of a surgeon in their group ? ......

is rick's moral compass really that true or is it being swayed by his little head and carol's bias? ......

Who do you think will die in the finally?  I say Sasha.  She's wigging out too.

Glenn.

Good finale, but not great.  A little disappointed in Glen.  Looks like Rick will be useful after all.  ;)

Good finale, but not great. A little disappointed in Glen. Looks like Rick will be useful after all. ;)

Good Drama writing stays true to what each character would do in certain situations.

Glenn isn't Rick. He didn't have it in him to execute a living person

Good Drama writing stays true to what each character would do in certain situations.

Glenn isn't Rick. He didn't have it in him to execute a living person

Yet Rick is becoming more like Shane.

Yet Rick is becoming more like Shane.

I agree. Rick and the rest of the group have come around to figuring out that Shane was right. The rules of the civilized world don't apply anymore.

I wonder if Morgan becomes the new moral conscience character for Rick next season. He seems to be more enlightened and optimistic in the new incarnation of his character

Edited by soulflower

Morgan says all life is precious and then sees the man he has been looking for shoot someone in cold blood.....

Should be interesting ....

That was an intense finale. 

The "Wolves" are going to certainly attack Alexandria at some point early next season.  It's a remix of the "Scavengers" from the comics.  Negan is supposedly coming at the end of next season, though last year they mentioned he might come this season, so who knows. 

I agree. Rick and the rest of the group have come around to figuring out that Shane was right. The rules of the civilized world don't apply anymore.

I wonder if Morgan becomes the new moral conscience character for Rick next season. He seems to be more enlightened and optimistic in the new incarnation of his character

So you're saying they're gonna kill him off!   :D

Was watching capote's in cold blood the other night with my daughter for the first time in probably a decade ......

I pegged the actor playing Hickok as the petty criminal from in the heat of the night pretty quickly .....

After the movie was looking at some things on imbd and was pretty surprised to see he was herscel from the dead .....

Daughter still can't see that handsome young man as the old geezer :) .....

Was watching capote's in cold blood the other night with my daughter for the first time in probably a decade ......

I pegged the actor playing Hickok as the petty criminal from in the heat of the night pretty quickly .....

After the movie was looking at some things on imbd and was pretty surprised to see he was herscel from the dead .....

Daughter still can't see that handsome young man as the old geezer :) .....

I remember him from one of my favorite indie movies.

Clay, do me a favor; don't find anymore dead bodies?

Watched the original In Cold Blood a few weeks ago for the heck of it. Kind of Ironic seeing Robert Blake getting hanged for Murder so many years before the Fact. Who could've known?

My wife has been a fan of The Walking Dead since it premiered. She recently turned me on to it. I have been watching the marathons on AMC. So far, I am up to the last episode of Season 4.

I would love to be an extra on that show as one of the “walkers”. I think that I would do a great job as one until someone stabs me in the skull. ;)

Edited by tsmonk

Trivia time!

Which three actors are using a fake American accent?

Answer: (highlight below)

Andrew Lincoln, Lennie James and David Morrissey. They're all British.

Edited by SemiAuto

Trivia time!

Which three actors are using a fake American accent?

Answer: (highlight below)

Andrew Lincoln, Lennie James and David Morrissey. They're all British.

The actress who plays Maggie also has a fake American accent. She grew up in the UK

The actress who plays Maggie also has a fake American accent. She grew up in the UK

Forgot about her.

It looks like Rick may end up being Shane this season

He pretty much already is. Between the Terminus cannibals and that group Daryl fell in with and then the abusive husband, he is pretty much at the point of shoot first and ask questions later.

They're running a week long marathon of TWD. Too funny.

Edited by SemiAuto

Season premiere Sunday night! Can't wait!  :)

Yet the cost of a package on “Dead” comes to an average of $413,695.

That is from 2014 so it might have gone up since the ratings for season 5 were pretty solid.

In 2009, the broadcast networks averaged 13 minutes and 25 seconds of commercial time per hour. In 2013, that figure grew to 14 minutes and 15 seconds.

The growth has been even more significant on cable television. In 2009, cable networks averaged 14 minutes and 27 seconds per hour. Last year, the average was 15 minutes and 38 seconds.

source

So call it $415,000 for 31 thirty second spots comes to $12,865,000 a show.