thehats

AMC's "The Walking Dead"

368 posts in this topic

90 minute episode Sunday. Hopefully it's not 30 minutes of commercials

probably.....

wife and I started DVRing and watching on monday night most weeks because of the commercials ......

we will be watching tommorow though ....

The Season 6 Premiere was pretty impressive.

Although I'm not sure how I feel about the Black and White flashback scenes. I thought it was kind of cheesy like a B-movie

Other than that, great start for Season 6

FYI... after the intro break there was not another one until 24 minutes in. So they were back loading the commercials on this one.

A pretty good season opener but with one minor peeve. I didn't like how they broke it up with the flashbacks. Other than that they got things started with some action and a little bit of drama.

Best highlight: Glenn quietly shaking his head at Nicholas the guy who tried to kill him and that guy volunteering for the zombie herding anyway.

Worst lowlight: Carter as a minor antagonist came across as a whiner. Good thing we are not going to get a full season of that. It kind of reminds me of the 'situationally aware' scene from 'A Perfect Getaway'.

My vote for who is blowing the horn: the son of the guy that Rick killed.

FYI... after the intro break there was not another one until 24 minutes in. So they were back loading the commercials on this one.

A pretty good season opener but with one minor peeve. I didn't like how they broke it up with the flashbacks. Other than that they got things started with some action and a little bit of drama.

Best highlight: Glenn quietly shaking his head at Nicholas the guy who tried to kill him and that guy volunteering for the zombie herding anyway.

Worst lowlight: Carter as a minor antagonist came across as a whiner. Good thing we are not going to get a full season of that. It kind of reminds me of the 'situationally aware' scene from 'A Perfect Getaway'.

The Flashbacks were kind of weird but I think it helped the pacing of the episode.

It would've been a boring show 2/3's of the episode if all the slow and dramatic scenes happened in chronological order leading up to the tense ending

The Flashbacks were kind of weird but I think it helped the pacing of the episode.

It would've been a boring show 2/3's of the episode if all the slow and dramatic scenes happened in chronological order leading up to the tense ending

If it builds up to something then I'm okay with it being a bit slow at times. They still had two sub plots going with Carter and Nicolas. I'd prefer that over being disjointed. About the only person I've seen pull of a disjointed plot was Quentin Tarantino.

But seriously, you're out herding zombies but you lower your guard so much that one can jump out from behind a tree and bite you in the face?

If it builds up to something then I'm okay with it being a bit slow at times. They still had two sub plots going with Carter and Nicolas. I'd prefer that over being disjointed. About the only person I've seen pull of a disjointed plot was Quentin Tarantino.

But seriously, you're out herding zombies but you lower your guard so much that one can jump out from behind a tree and bite you in the face?

Well most of the people inside the Alexandria complex are at the same place as the people in Fear The Walking Dead. So it's not surprising that some would be stupid and like a fish out of water outside the walls of Alexandria.

I also think the Carter character was meant to drive home the fact that most people like him are dead at this stage at this stage of the Zombie Apocalypse. He doesn't have what it takes to survive in Rick's world.

That was kind of a runner up for best moment. They're building the wall and a small group of zombies show up. Rick tells them to take out the zombies with their shovels or whatever is handy. They completely botch it and the 'old group' steps in and makes short work of them. Then Morgan is like, "I thought you weren't taking chances anymore."

Hadn't thought of him ......

I was thinking the wolves ......

That was an action packed episode.

Best highlight: Carol going on a rampage.

Worst lowlight: couldn't think of one. I was going to go with Moran saying he is no good with guns. We know that is not true. That said, he seems determined to not kill people but even that didn't last. It is like he is taking Rick's old place of trying to get along. That never worked for Rick.

So, is Carl gonna go full Shane on that other kid being huggy with the girl he was being huggy with?

That was an action packed episode.

Best highlight: Carol going on a rampage.

Worst lowlight: couldn't think of one. I was going to go with Moran saying he is no good with guns. We know that is not true. That said, he seems determined to not kill people but even that didn't last. It is like he is taking Rick's old place of trying to get along. That never worked for Rick.

So, is Carl gonna go full Shane on that other kid being huggy with the girl he was being huggy with?

I agree. Not much bad in that episode except the focus on the teen girl, Enid. I didn't really understand the point of opening with the teen girl's story only to have her leave Alexandria by the end of the episode. It was a minor thing though.

Overall, a quality episode that once again proves "Rick was right"

- Morgan was wrong to let those Wolves guys live

- Daryl and the other guy(I forget his name) put Alexandria in danger by going out and trying to find more people to bring to the community.

The second point was driven home when the dead Wolf guy had a backpack with photos of and information about Alexandria

I don't think we've seen the last of the Wolves

Wasn't the one guy Morgan did kill the guy he had an encounter with in the woods towards the end of the last season?

I have to admit that I got a bit of a chuckle about the photos. Just who took them and printed them out?

I think we haven't seen the last of the Wolves either. They're probably this season's menace.

Wasn't the one guy Morgan did kill the guy he had an encounter with in the woods towards the end of the last season?

I have to admit that I got a bit of a chuckle about the photos. Just who took them and printed them out?

I think we haven't seen the last of the Wolves either. They're probably this season's menace.

Yeah, the guy Morgan killed was the same guy he let survive in the opening of last season's finale

Yeah, the guy Morgan killed was the same guy he let survive in the opening of last season's finale

It was a poignant moment, when Morgan realized his huge mistake in letting the other Wolves live. 

It was a poignant moment, when Morgan realized his huge mistake in letting the other Wolves live.

The writers of The Walking Dead must hate Liberals. Seems like they always make characters pay for giving bad people second-chances :)

I'm not sure that's what Morgan was thinking .......

If he had crossed over and just saw not killing the wolves as a mistake he will go back and join Rick and the group and be willing to start killing folks ......

I didn't see it as just an ah ha moment like the lady that runs the place did when Rick killed the surgeon, I saw it as bigger than that ......

I thought I saw him "give up hope" when he realized that his way won't work .......

Edited by Eastside Terp

Whelp... that was unexpected. I was actually getting a little bored with the episode as it seemed like a big zombie chase. Then goodbye Glenn.

It was a pretty good episode except for the predictable deaths of Alexandria residents. Very tense episode all the way through otherwise

I'm not sure if Glen is dead. It might've been that other guy's blood.

Edited by soulflower

It was a pretty good episode except for the predictable deaths of Alexandria residents. Very tense episode all the way through otherwise

I'm not sure if Glen is dead. It might've been that other guy's blood.

Nicolas' intestines too? .....

Well sooner or later they would eat down to Glen ......

What about Rick, he looks like he is in trouble too but can't imagine they would have much of a show if they kill him off .....

It looks like Glen is a goner but they didn't mention him on the show Talking Dead when they listed the people killed in that episode

Killing off Rick would be a pretty Balsy move for the show. But it may be necessary at some point for the show to survive a few more seasons